Author Topic: Wonderful, internationally known writer classes & getaway.  (Read 1029 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Wonderful, internationally known writer classes & getaway.
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:57:01 PM »
Yeah, it's in the heartland... but if you want to get away to writer's haven, IA City is your place. The writer is the hero in that town! Facebook now up and hopefully it has a link to the summer long list of instructors and their classes this year. There are week long and weekend classes available.  One of the joys is mixing with international writers along with people from all over this side of the globe.

One word of caution? If you think you are interested, don't sit on the fence too long. These classes (the best perhaps) fill up quickly and they DO NOT SQUEEZE more people in.  Research the instructors and be amazed.  Most are from the IA Writer's Program.  Learn from the best or re-awaken your creative juices.

Also, this isn't an agent haven. It is strictly offered to add to your writer's craft tool box with fellow writers.  

Facebook, search Iowa Summer Writing Festival, click on info and I think you might get the list. If not, get me your e-mail and I'll send you the e-mail I received. The print catalog comes out in Feb, but this way you can plan ahead for the registration stampede.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess