Author Topic: Sam and Dean Winchester.  (Read 1441 times)

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Sam and Dean Winchester.
« on: November 22, 2010, 03:56:57 AM »
I was toying with the idea of a hunter type character from the Supernatural universe.  Beyond starting with Vanilla mortal I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Offline Amseriah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Sam and Dean Winchester.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:05:32 AM »
Yes, I have a couple.  Sam would start off as a vanilla mortal but would eventually become an Emissary of Lucifer (he of course wouldn't know who his patron was for a while), Dean would stay as a mortal throughout though.  They should have really good fighting skills of course, low resources, extremely high Lore, and stunts stunts stunts.  Perhaps a Lore stunt called dad's journal that would give you a bonus to your Lore check.  That is about all I would do with them.  Sam might get Hellfire from his Emissary-hood but Dean wouldn't really get anything.  Their Lore skill should allow them to do the binding rituals that they do because they aren't too magical, they just trap demons which should be a ritual that anyone could learn imo.  Don't know if that helps out any, but that is my take on the Winchester boys.

Offline Nyarlathotep5150

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 04:09:30 AM »
   Sam was marked by power. And had a version of Cassandras tears. And had exorcism and Telekinesis. (Pretty hefty focused practitioner there. Leaning into maybe full on Sorcerer in season 4).
   Also. While the heavenly host where total bastards, there is precedent in the show for both true believer style power (saints and mortals imbued with heavenly power and the like). As well as Holy relics and Items of power.
   In addition to that, there where plenty of psychics who where more standard and not tied into the Sam story arc at all (Any one of which could be a focused practitioner).
   Really there is a lot to draw on in that universe, it just gets glossed over and left on the sidelines because the main heroes are mostly pure mortals.

Offline Drashna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »
And considering Supernatural's episode the other night. :)

But yeah, Sam and Dean fit in very well in the dresden files.  Vanilla mortals (for the most part) who are in the know and hunting supernatural threats.  Even a lot of the spellcasting in the series fits *VERY* well into DFVs. 

I've been pondering the same thing, and yeah it works well. Very well. And there are a few other shows on this year that would fit very well in the DFRPG, such as Sanctuary, and Lost Girl.
[qoute='piotr1600']Sure true love will conquer all... You sponsored an instant vision of a tentacled Cthuluoid monstrosity following Elaine around, meeping piteously and making puppy dog eyes at her while she sighs loudly and gently kisses those tentacles...[/qoute]

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
I think to get the feel of spellcasting in Supernatural you'd have to allow those common rituals they use not to diminish with overuse.  Other than that, the biggest change I think is that there's not the level of organization in Supernatural that there is in Dresden.  No vampire courts, no wizarding councils.  I think that with the reveal of alphas this season, you could find a middle ground between the two though and make it work well.