Author Topic: The Secretive Mysterious Jade Court  (Read 9560 times)

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
Re: The Secretive Mysterious Jade Court
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »
@devonapple: have you considered adding those characters to one of the character/monster compilation threads?

I dunno - there's some real hardcase there who is pretty picky about punctuation. He may have discouraged me from ever submitting anything... :p

Thanks for the reminder - I'll see about posting them soon.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
Ok, I'm reviving this, since people were posting on my similar (yet less developed) thread.

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 07:54:40 AM »
One idea i heard for the Jade Court was the idea of the Faceless Abomonation, the idea being that the Jade Court are so mysterious because they do not have faces, they are nameless spirits of rage or hate they lack identities and memories of why they rage but they hate those who still have names and faces. The Jade Court then steal the faces of thier victims in hope that it would ease the pain of their existence this is fatal for the victim, so what Jade Court vampires eat is identities over hundreds of years they become less spirits of rage and more warring composites of personality.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:57:36 AM by bitterpill »
"Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all"  Vogon Captain

Offline Zorra Dagaz

• Lurker
  • bezahlter Klugscheißer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
Something all of these builds seem to be forgetting is that according to Shiro, the Jades are big on honor and respect the records.

That's a reasonable remark. I think considering the Asian background one could focus on a Samurai theme behind the Jade Court. Thus it would be most likely that they feed on (human) shame. And if someone within their own ranks does something dishonorable (according to Asian not Western standards) the vampire could also be fed upon by his fellows.
Der Mensch ist nur dort wirklich Mensch, wo er spielt. (F. Schiller)