Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 262150 times)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #945 on: December 28, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
Jack says "I'm Jack-Jack!", "What ya doin?", and "Get off my lawn."  :D  He says some other stuff that I haven't been able to make out.  Plus he wolf whistles and imitates other bird noises.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Noey

• Posty McPostington
  • Life On Planet Pink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
Just because it's a big world and I'm often confused by it, this is a question for our Marscon guest that posts here and there. I paid through Paypal, but should we be expecting anything to confirm that we're ticketholders besides the Paypal confirmation? An email, something in the snail mail? Smoke signals, a good old fashioned secret handshake?
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. - C.S. Lewis

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 28, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »
I paid through Paypal, but should we be expecting anything to confirm that we're ticketholders besides the Paypal confirmation? An email, something in the snail mail? Smoke signals, a good old fashioned secret handshake?

From www.marscon.net
FOR MARSCON WEEKEND PRICES CLICK HERE!

To register by mail: Make checks payable to MarsCon.
Mail to:
MarsCon 2011
104 Chapel Hill Lane
Williamsburg, Va. 23188
MarsCon does not mail out receipts. If you want a receipt, please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope, or an email address at which we can contact you.

I'll bet if you email through the website he will send you a return email confirming he got your registration.  Butch has been very responsive when I emailed him directly.

Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 28, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
Question:  When to costume up for the Urban Fantasy Party?

I'm staying w/friends who live about an hour away and am not staying at the motel.

Do people show up for the Opening Ceremonies/Dinner as themselves, then retire to get into their costumes on for the party, or do they show up already in costume?

[Now, be nice and tell me the real scoop...if you play with my emotions for a chuckle, I'll start crying and you really don't want to make me cry :'(...you'll feel so guilty  :P...also, keep in mind I'm first generation American Italian and you don't want the Malocchio directed at you, do you?  ::) ;)]

Thanks!  ;)

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #949 on: December 28, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
A lot of people will likely be in costume the entire day.  You could always bring your costume and ask anyone staying there if you could stash it in their room until the party.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #950 on: December 28, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I'm thinking about having it on for opening ceremonies since I think there is stuff between then and the party that I don't want to miss - and I don't think my costume is going to be an easy five minute in and out kind of thing.

keep in mind I'm first generation American Italian and you don't want the Malocchio directed at you, do you?
I know that's either the Evil Eye or fancy coffee - so it depends.  :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:45:57 PM by Chiroptera »
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
« Reply #951 on: December 29, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »
Question:  When to costume up for the Urban Fantasy Party?

A lot of people will likely be in costume the entire day.  You could always bring your costume and ask anyone staying there if you could stash it in their room until the party.

as long as you're not creepy i'm okay with you stashing it in my room.. except i probably will be getting there JUST in time to quick change and head down.  wonder if mollz would go normalish when she's depressed... cause.. i'm normally lookin now.  *cries*
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 29, 2010, 01:12:08 AM »
as long as you're not creepy i'm okay with you stashing it in my room.. except i probably will be getting there JUST in time to quick change and head down.  wonder if mollz would go normalish when she's depressed... cause.. i'm normally lookin now.  *cries*

Same here, anyone is welcome to stash their costumes in our room, as well. 

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #953 on: December 29, 2010, 01:32:30 AM »
Yep, I'm amenable to sub-letting storage space as well.  It gives me someone to blame the damage on after I trash the room.  :P

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 29, 2010, 01:37:23 AM »
as long as you're not creepy i'm okay with you stashing it in my room..

Thanks for all the offers for a place to change!  Like Chiro, at least part of my costume will likely take some time to put on (good point about not wanting to miss events in between dinner & party).  Maybe I'll come with the tough part already done

As for creepy, no worries there...I am old enough to be the grandmother of a 20 year old, and I am employed by an organization that requires background checks, fingerprints etc. and passed w/flying colors! :)  I am disgustingly normal and harmless.  :)  

Yes, Chiro, you can get Malocchio at Starbucks.  ::)

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 29, 2010, 03:24:55 AM »
I will likely be wearing damn near all of my costume when I arrive as a large portion of it is street cloths big reason why I chose it. I am also GASP not going as someone from the Dresdenverse . In no way from a lack of love for Jim but more of a desire to help out one of his label mates at Penguin Anton Strout damn fine author in his own right well worth a read.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
  • Beware the Tiny Dancing Flower Person!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 29, 2010, 06:47:41 AM »
Yeah, my Friday night costume is not from the Dresdenverse.... my Saturday costume will be. People if you need a place to change, let PG and I know.... we'll have room! And we promise not to peak (much!)   :D
She Who Must Be Obeyed. Or at least catered to, occasionally.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 29, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »
Yeah, my Friday night costume is not from the Dresdenverse.... my Saturday costume will be. People if you need a place to change, let PG and I know.... we'll have room! And we promise not to peak (much!)   :D
oh you will peek I have no doubt  ;D
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #958 on: December 29, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »
So are some people dressing up Saturday too?  Hmm..

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 29, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
So are some people dressing up Saturday too?  Hmm..
I could wear my costume both days, but I doubt I will wear it for the dinner Saturday, but I am sure many will be in costume both days yes.