Linked Events

• Jim and Shannon @ MarsCon: January 14, 2011 - January 16, 2011

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011  (Read 262164 times)

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA - 1/14-16/2011
« Reply #1200 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
I'll have to get a Picture of What Fred wrote in mine after I quipped "could you pencil in the layout credit" and replied "Nahhh that guys a d*ck" I also sat next to him and the 3 other betas present during the Q&A which was interesting to say the least. No I didn't get any secrets what I know is already here so there!
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:53 AM »
Hey, betas are NOT omniscient - as anyone who saw us when Jim dropped the bomb about Demonreach can attest. I could FEEL Fred and Terry come to quivering attention next to me, and when Priscellie and I looked at each other over Terry with what had to be absolutely MANIC grins on our faces, I think at least half of the crowd behind us erupted into laughter. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #1202 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:31 AM »
Y'all were BOUNCING.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 18, 2011, 01:36:39 AM »
Oh, and just for reinforcement, the highlight of the fan dinner:

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 18, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »
Hey, betas are NOT omniscient - as anyone who saw us when Jim dropped the bomb about Demonreach can attest. I could FEEL Fred and Terry come to quivering attention next to me, and when Priscellie and I looked at each other over Terry with what had to be absolutely MANIC grins on our faces, I think at least half of the crowd behind us erupted into laughter. :D

I could see your faces from where I was sitting on the floor and y'all looked like kids on Christmas.  

And Fred, Sir, I believe you have one of the most adorable child I have ever seen!  Her super powers of cute overload are astounding.

Edit: She's only one child.  My fingers really should listen to what I tell them to type! 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:25:03 AM by Ink Slinger »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 18, 2011, 02:15:51 AM »
I could see your faces from where I was sitting on the floor and y'all looked like kids on Christmas. 

And Fred, Sir, I believe you have one of the most adorable children I have ever seen!  Her super powers of cute overload are astounding.

Yup. I just rewatched the Q&A to check my memory, and if you get to the part where Jim answers the question about Demonreach, keep paying attention - there's a moment of quiet after Jim points out the betas' reaction, then an outburst of laughter. I'm guessing we DID look like kids on Christmas (I know I FELT like one)!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 18, 2011, 02:35:50 AM »
Yup. I just rewatched the Q&A to check my memory, and if you get to the part where Jim answers the question about Demonreach, keep paying attention - there's a moment of quiet after Jim points out the betas' reaction, then an outburst of laughter. I'm guessing we DID look like kids on Christmas (I know I FELT like one)!
wait until I post my Video I was sitting next to Fred our banter is PRICELESS. As to Evie I was sitting next to Fred at that dinner no matter how sad you may have been he and his Family would wash it away. I have no words to express the great time and bonding that was had by us all.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 18, 2011, 02:43:39 AM »
My word, that kid is lovely!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:31 AM »
I am really really enjoying the pix people are posting!  Thank you all for sharing the Con with those of us who could not go.  *HUGS*
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #1209 on: January 18, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
I had issues uploading my pics.  Won't get to fixing that until after a doctor's appointment this afternoon, but will link when I get that all straightened out.  But ME's flickr link has a lot of similar pics, lots from different angles than I got.  At least with all the costume pics, anyway.
Ok, think it's straightened out enough to post--http://www.flickr.com/photos/stellamortis/collections/72157625849294622/ And read Blaze's comments. They're frikkin hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:10:33 PM by Starbeam »
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline FreshBrewedZombie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 18, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
I am really really enjoying the pix people are posting!  Thank you all for sharing the Con with those of us who could not go.  *HUGS*

Seconded from the west coast! The pic of whose baby (?) feeding Jim is priceless!! And the other in a little warden cloak! OR is it the same little?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.  ~Attributed to Groucho Marx

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
Same one, and it is Iago's 19 month old daughter!

Offline FreshBrewedZombie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 18, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
What a cutie!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.  ~Attributed to Groucho Marx

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 18, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »
Whew...just recovered from MarsCon!  Long days, long drive and worth every second of effort.  Fabulous meeting fellow forum folks, Jim & Shannon are awesome, dressing up in costume for the first time in probably 40 years (tho we didn't win, with Serack's help it was an awesome costume...enjoyed his glowing runes, too, Matt's awesome scarred hand & a host of other cool costumes--sadly I missed the Za Lord bunch!).  The GS reading was great--Jim could do his own audiobooks if he had time...Shannon gave out handmade glass bead bookmarks...so beautiful.  Got some new books thanks to the folks here.  All in all one of the best times I've ever had!  ;D
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 18, 2011, 07:02:06 PM »
BTW, Heart is a real sweetie!