Author Topic: Accept donations  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Buliwyfa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Accept donations
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »

Well, I think it could be a good Idea that the site offers the chance to donate some money; they could be many reasons why people will like to donate… Here is mine:

I have tried to buy the Audio books form Amazon or Audible however they will not ship or allow download them to my country. The funny thing is that in my country they are bringing only translated books, no original version or audio books. So I was forced to look for a more creative solution in the P2P area… Therefore, I am willing to donate what I have not been able to spend.

Best regards to all.

BTW Not sure if Jim will ever read this but.... keep the good job! and do not “kill” Harry for good... from another 10 books :)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Accept donations
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
well...thats like stealing from me but mailing the check to my exwife.

Where are you located? Can a private person ship the books to you?
Have you tried itunes?

Tbora

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:48:07 AM »
I always find it pleasantly surprising to find such an honest person out there...

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
well...thats like stealing from me but mailing the check to my exwife.

Where are you located? Can a private person ship the books to you?
Have you tried itunes?

me being penguin I take it?

It makes sense that he would associate the books with JB rather than Penguin, and this is the only avenue he can find to attempt to rectify what he sees as doing JB a wrong.

I read last week about people in the UK on Amazon who bought Side Jobs in bulk to save on shipping and then sold the extra copies on ebay to others in the UK so that they can get it without having to pay so much to have it shipped across the pond.  Hopefully this person can find something similar.  Otherwise there are your other suggestions.

But yah, this site is actually run by one of Jim Butcher's personal friends, and any proceeds it generated wouldn't exactly go to Penguin.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*