Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 257671 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 03:23:52 AM »
I'm with Serack and Audiobook fan!  The Virginia Beach area would be super fantastic, Richmond, VA area would be fabulous but I would totally drive to DC or Baltimore, MD.  Got a grandma I can mooch a room off of in Baltimore now.  And they have a Great two story B&N in the harbor (or at least they used to...been about 5 years since I was up there).

I bought a pair of killer dictionaries there, ones I still use to this day ten years later (ordinarily, I would've upgraded by now, but these were extra awesome).
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2010, 03:29:23 AM »
I got to go to Inner Harbor when I was in DC for the National Young Leaders Conference back when I was 15.  We were let loose and what did I do?  Went to lunch at a seafood restaurant there and spent the other 2.5 hours in B&N. 

MrsAWiggins05

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
I got to go to Inner Harbor when I was in DC for the National Young Leaders Conference back when I was 15.  We were let loose and what did I do?  Went to lunch at a seafood restaurant there and spent the other 2.5 hours in B&N.

That's pretty much what I did in my free time in DC. But I went to lunch at CheeseCake Factory instead of seafood. :-(

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
I bought a pair of killer dictionaries there, ones I still use to this day ten years later (ordinarily, I would've upgraded by now, but these were extra awesome).

killer dictionaries , but wouldn't they murder the language ? See what I did there? Where the heck did all these Crickets come from.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:16:48 PM by whingnut »
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2010, 08:09:30 PM »
killer dictionaries , but wouldn't they murder the language ? See what I did there? Where the heck did all theres Crickets come from.

Nah. Killer dictionaries are the ones that if you throw them at someone, they're big enough to kill in one shot.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
Nah. Killer dictionaries are the ones that if you throw them at someone, they're big enough to kill in one shot.
Heck of am arm you got there slugger! Oh remember to wipe that book of thoroughly we don't want any....... Entanglements later.
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Tbora

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »
agreed - that would be rather disgusting...

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 07:13:55 PM »
Is Williamsburg, VA close enough for some of the D.C. through NC people?

http://www.marscon.net/
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
Is Williamsburg, VA close enough for some of the D.C. through NC people?

http://www.marscon.net/
OOhhh....that looks cool.  But the site doesn't have much info about everything else on it.  :-\
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »
Yeah, I've been hoping that that would change as it gets closer to the date.  I think it's a fairly small convention, as far as those things go.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2010, 08:38:41 PM »

Jim.
Doesn't.
Come.
To.
VA.

Period.

THIS IS MESSING WITH MY MIND.

*Is broken, babbling, etc etc*

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
I'm thinking that even though it's a bit of a hike, we might now start planning on going.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
Edit: Nevermind. 

OMGSQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there.  So so so there! 

If Jim should decide to grace us with a fan dinner I would volunteer to coordinate it. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:55:52 PM by Ink Slinger »

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2010, 09:05:54 PM »
If Jim should decide to grace us with a fan dinner I would volunteer to coordinate it. 

I'm willing as well.  Unfortunately, I DON'T know the area quite so well, being 4 hours northwest, with traffic.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »
A friend and I are hoping to come down.  Maybe I'll see some of you there.