Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 257524 times)

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #825 on: May 18, 2016, 10:49:13 PM »
Dragoncon!  I would love to see Jim at Dragoncon!!! ;D

Jim will be at DragonCon this year (for at least the fourth year in a row) and is the Guest of Honor for 2016.

Offline LizBiz

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2016 Schedule
« Reply #826 on: June 04, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »
Yes, please...  let us know when Jim will be coming to Houston.  I met him when he was here at the last time and it was just wonderful.

~LB 8)

Offline Bdubs8807

• Participant
  • Still working out DF movie cast on Pinterest...
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 07, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »
Minnesota.  Preferably somewhere in the Twin Cities, but I'd travel to Duluth and/or Fargo/Moorhead to see him here.  Heck, I'd travel into dreaded Wisconsin to see him. :o :P :-[
I want a Mouse!  I'm thinking Irish Wolfhound+Newfoundland+Leonberger, and work from there.
Praying to God that my wife will one day love the Dresden Files as much as I do...

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 08, 2016, 12:44:41 AM »
Hamburg, Germany would be very nice. :)

Offline Mongward

• Conversationalist
  • Dwarf of the Or-Tench Citadel
    • View Profile
    • Polish FB fanpage of Dresden Files
« Reply #829 on: June 08, 2016, 07:59:08 AM »
I would snipe a wizard to have a chance to meet Jim at any of Polish conventions, preferably in my own town, but I wouldn't be picky.
Self-appointed Warden of my hometown. Poland is vastly understaffed, is what I'm saying.

The dice are on fire, and it's totally my fault.

Offline FreshCorpse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Jim's 2016 Schedule
« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2016, 05:37:47 AM »
Can you tell him Florida is desparate for attention? We have a billion awesome cons...

Offline WyrtWicce

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 22, 2016, 06:42:34 PM »
There are about a gazillion entries here, but I'll post in the name of fatalistic hopefulness! Yay! It would be wonderful if Jim could come out to Alpine, Texas. There's a university full of nerds (last year we hosted our first Big Bend Comic Con. It was tiny, but enthusiastic), and a fantastic local bookstore called Front Street Books. Some of the nicest people I've ever met work there. It's a million miles away from any kind of city, and about 20 miles away from the sun, but it's a great place to be and tons to do, especially if you enjoy looking at the outdoors. To give you an idea of distance, it takes me about a two-hour drive to go to a decent movie theater. I've never been able to make it to a con (too far, $$$), and he would have a small hoard of grateful fans if he could visit here. Hope all is well with him and that he's enjoying life!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 23, 2016, 12:58:25 AM »
Cincinnati.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Reyonek

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 25, 2016, 03:40:53 PM »
If he could stop at Pensacon in 2017 that would be AMAZING. Our convention is getting better and better every year, and Mr. Butcher gracing us with his presence would just take the cake.

www.pensacon.com

Offline stormtrupertk41

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 04, 2016, 01:06:54 PM »
Hi there, I have been reading this awesome series since about 2006 or 7, I can't remember which, and since then I have enthralled my sister, father, grandmother, and girlfriend into getting lost in the Dresdenverse as well. However, in all that time (as far as I am aware) Jim has never gone North of the Wall to visit us here in Canada. Specifically ANYWHERE in Ontario, I will make the drive ANYWHERE in Ontario. SO, this is my plea to have Jim come to the Unseelie Court in the North!

Offline hig4s

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 08, 2016, 03:23:07 PM »
I will be a WorldCon next week, I was expecting he would be there being a Hugo nominee.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #836 on: August 10, 2016, 04:01:52 AM »
Hi there, I have been reading this awesome series since about 2006 or 7, I can't remember which, and since then I have enthralled my sister, father, grandmother, and girlfriend into getting lost in the Dresdenverse as well. However, in all that time (as far as I am aware) Jim has never gone North of the Wall to visit us here in Canada. Specifically ANYWHERE in Ontario, I will make the drive ANYWHERE in Ontario. SO, this is my plea to have Jim come to the Unseelie Court in the North!

He went to a con in Toronto, Ontario, in 2013. Hopefully he'll make it back before too long!

I will be a WorldCon next week, I was expecting he would be there being a Hugo nominee.

Not necessarily.  He didn't go when he was nominated in 2015 or 2009. So many cons, so little time!

Offline DarthSpot

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 17, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
Hamburg, Germany would be very nice. :)

I agree =D (Or anywhere in germany)

Offline CirclememeberSavage

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 11, 2016, 04:01:28 PM »
The Northeast USA somewhere, anywhere I've never seen any where in the schedule that I would have to fly to see Jim.

Offline nikkisabeast

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 21, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »
LEXINGTON KY!!!!!!!!I cried when I found out that Jim Butcher had been in Lexington, and I missed it.  :'( :'( :'(