Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 257600 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #795 on: April 08, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
I hope to see Jim at SDCC 2015!  I highly doubt he'll ever make a trip out to Hawaii, so this is probably my best chance to meet him.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he'll be going this year.

Offline FistOfGod

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:59 AM »
Would love for Jim to come to Edinburgh at some point. Surely it cant be too hard for him he can just take that Way that comes out under Edinburgh Castle. Half hour trip from Chicago from what I hear.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 09, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
Would love for Jim to come to Edinburgh at some point. Surely it cant be too hard for him he can just take that Way that comes out under Edinburgh Castle. Half hour trip from Chicago from what I hear.
If you can make /those/ kinds of travel arrangements, Im sure he'd be up for it.

(Watch out for spiders...) ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline bluestriper22

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 10, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
I posted the below over on the 2015 schedule thread, but apparently this thread gets more attention, so I'm going to try again:
Any chance they'll be an appearance in Connecticut?  You know, there's some schools up this way, Yale, UConn, Quinnipiac, Weslyan...uh...Southern CT State University.  Oh oh, there's rich people here...but they're mostly concentrated near the NY boarder.  Ok, ok, got it: there's Mystic Pizza, you know, the subject of that 80's movie!  Right, then there's that whole thing with the owner getting nailed for tax evasion or something just recently.  Women's college basketball!  CT has that...that one UConn team.  Um, there's the Groton Navy base?  Nuclear subs?  Maybe?  PT Barnum's House - the circus guy....Uh, gambling...

...yeah...

In conclusion: State Universities, rich people, Navy subs, psuedo-famous pizza place from movie, circus guy.  WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!

Jim should please come to CT and bring some of that JB magic with him.

...end of copied post.

wizard nelson

« Reply #799 on: June 14, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »
Not that I personally know of any conventions or places to hold one here but, Indiana, Indiana, INDIANA! please  :D

Offline JJMJester

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 30, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
Any chance Jim could show up to one of the PAX Cons? (PAX Prime - Seattle, PAX South - Texas, Etc).

Offline lowtraxx

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »
Any chance seeing Jim at Comic Con Germany in Stuttgart in 2016 (June 25th to 26th)

Offline stryderson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 27, 2015, 04:16:11 AM »
I know I did a post about this in the About Jim section, but I wanted to see if anyone viewing this post had a likewise want of a Jim Michigan Visit. I know he does Chicago Visits and I thought that maybe on the way up to or back from he could set up a Barnes and Noble or even Books a Million visit. Heck It would be fantastic if he could do a Mid Michigan Community College visit, but I know that's probably asking for wayyy too much with his busy schedule of writing and touring.
"Build a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life" Tao of Pratchett

Offline acousticnicki

• Participant
  • "Your brain is a very strange place."
    • View Profile
    • Nicki's Music Website
« Reply #803 on: July 31, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
Anywhere in the North East United States would be GREAT!
Cheers!
~Nicki

"There are two kinds of people in the universe, Molly," I said.  "Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans.  This is shocking."
She sniffed.  "This is the post-nerd-closet world, Harry.  It's okay to like both."
"Blasphemy and lies," I said.   ~Ghost Story

Offline Shiningowl39

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 07, 2015, 10:16:23 PM »
Philadelphia! I saw Jim in NYC a few years back, but I heard that that is pretty rare, despite the publisher being there. I got my now wife hooked on the Dresden books and she's never had a chance to see JB in person.
Any ways we can all encourage the scheduler to add a place to future tours?

Daniel
Fanboy Extraordinaire
Aspiring Editor and book critic/reviewer
This has been transcribed by a kind and loyal brownie in exchange for honey and milk so that "the infernal machine stops throwing sparks at me..." And only blows up once a year.

Offline Watcher of the north

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 20, 2015, 02:52:21 AM »
Can he come to Fort Frances? We are in the middle of nowhere, but I could use some help converting more kids at my school to Dresden Files and Codex Alera.

Offline gatzcustom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 21, 2015, 02:59:01 AM »
How about some North Texas/DFW dates? That would be great!

Pretty sure if I meant him I'd have a new best friend lol.

Offline Cheesepusher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 27, 2015, 01:56:12 PM »
If possible it'd be really coold to see Mr. Butcher in the Washington D.C. area.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline horvathdp

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 23, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »
Teslacon Close to Jim's home, a great venue to promote his new book.

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 29, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »
If possible it'd be really coold to see Mr. Butcher in the Washington D.C. area.

I've been pushing Dynamite to try to get him at Baltimore Comic Con for a few years. They always seem like they don't know who to talk with to get him scheduled.