Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 257545 times)

Offline Rich5x5

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #780 on: August 12, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
You Guys are lucky..... I live in England..... No Chance of seeing/ meeting him  :(
How much is a ticket to the USA?  :)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 12, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »
Rich, JB is going to visit England next year. I don't remember the specific date but you should find it in the Jim schedule 2015 thread. (And if you think your situation is bad, think in me. I am in Argentina)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2014, 05:24:29 PM »
You Guys are lucky..... I live in England..... No Chance of seeing/ meeting him  :(
How much is a ticket to the USA?  :)

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,41038.0.html
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline maxakapenguin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »
IRELAND

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #784 on: November 06, 2014, 11:26:49 PM »
I would prefer if Jim would arrive via motor vehicle or aircraft.  I would find it rather disconcerting if Jim just appeared.  Is there a ritual involved in that, or do you just say his name three times?
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #785 on: November 07, 2014, 07:24:54 AM »
I'm telling you guys, Jim should hit the Continent. A trip from Berlin to the UK wouldn't be so bad under normal circumstances, but on April 3 I'll be a week away from having a baby.

Berlin is an awesome city, Jim!
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 08, 2014, 04:43:30 AM »
Ooohhhh sort of like Bloody Mary? 

*Runs to the mirror and says "Jim Butcher" three times to see if he appears*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 08, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
Better make sure you've got a greater circle ready for containment.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 08, 2014, 07:10:50 PM »
Summon him under your own risk.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 11, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
*Runs screaming from the fire which ensued.*  too late, toooo late!! Runnnnnnn.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Dhoust

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 05, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »
Any chance of Jim coming to the Phoenix Comic Con 2015. Missed him last year.

Offline Bdubs8807

• Participant
  • Still working out DF movie cast on Pinterest...
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 08, 2015, 05:29:05 AM »
I'd LOVE it if Jim would ever come to Minnesota, specifically the Twin Cities area, though I'd drive to whatever part of the state he was going to.  I know of at least 4 or 5 other Dresdenites (is that the Official Name of the Dresden Files aficionados?) who would be overjoyed to come see him here in MN as well.  If/when he ever does come to town, he should look into stopping by Uncle Hugo's in Minneapolis on Chicago Ave.  It's practically the perfect place for him to do a signing!

P.S.: I'd also love to find out how to get into the Beta Foo Asylum (if that's even possible).
I want a Mouse!  I'm thinking Irish Wolfhound+Newfoundland+Leonberger, and work from there.
Praying to God that my wife will one day love the Dresden Files as much as I do...

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 08, 2015, 06:19:15 AM »
Actually we call ourselves loonies, but Dresenites works just as well. *nods and wanders off* muttering. I still think Madison, WI would be nice...halfway between Minneapolis and Chicago..yep.

Offline FreshCorpse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 06, 2015, 01:04:41 AM »
Could we get anywhere in FLorida? For my sake tampa/orlando?
We do have a fairly large Con in August in Tampa...

Offline mauidragon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 08, 2015, 10:53:07 PM »
I hope to see Jim at SDCC 2015!  I highly doubt he'll ever make a trip out to Hawaii, so this is probably my best chance to meet him.