Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 257468 times)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #750 on: March 19, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »
I certainly plan on being there.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 19, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
I looked at the directions...I got lost just leaving Wisconsin *LOL*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #752 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »
What part of Wisconsin would you be coming from?
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 20, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
I'll have to see.  But if I can swing it, I'm there.
Awesome!  Would be great to put a face to the name if things work out :)

I certainly plan on being there.
Excellent :)

I looked at the directions...I got lost just leaving Wisconsin *LOL*
Use the Force!  (Google :) )

Route 14, 12 and also I94 all lead to Skokie, with route 14 appearing to turn into Dempster which is a direct line into Skokie.  The mall itself appears to be right on route 41 which can also be taken from WI.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2014, 01:26:05 AM »
I've enjoyed many an Americano at the ol' Skokie Barnes and Noble cafe.

(If you're GPSing your trip, pay attention to the address - Skokie has two B&Ns)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2014, 04:32:56 AM »
I may just stay home..wish it were closer, I'd definitely be there, I don't like driving that distance late at night, last time I got caught up in that dang thunderstorm and heavy downpour, ended up pulling off the road for about 20 mins. *L*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline ClockworkMayhem

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2014, 01:54:23 PM »
I'm hoping he comes to Dragon*Con for 2014 - I know it's a long shot with him going to Gen Con earlier in the month, but I missed him last Dragon*Con. Hadn't yet read his books at the time, and while I wanted to see him (I'd planned on starting the books - they were on a long reading list!) we just couldn't make it to his panels! Now I've started the series, and it's torture every time I finish a new one (it takes me a day, a day and a half, tops, and then I often have to wait two weeks before we can afford to get me another book - I hate the waiting!), but I'm already on Changes and can't wait for Skin Game (which comes out on my birthday)!

Rambling aside, if he can't come to Dragon*Con this year, it would be awesome if he could come to Columbia, South Carolina. I'd be first in line!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:23:40 PM by ClockworkMayhem »

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »
Actually, the place I'd most like Jim to appear is Here. 

When I first joined the boards all those years ago he was something of a regular in these parts, and even had a dedicated sub-board for Questions to ask him, which was one of the things that kept me coming back.  But as time went on, as his following grew and his free-time dwindled, we haven't seen him nearly as much (his last post looks to have been back in 2012, giving us that awesome insight into the Archive).  There's certainly nothing wrong with that, quite the opposite, but we miss him.  I personally dont do twitter and usually steer clear Reddit the way an alcoholic avoids bars, and those seem to be his primary online interactions these days.  I, like many of us here, don't have the travel freedom to reach most of his tour appearances, and Ive had terrible luck being able to get online and participate with the Reddit AMA's, though Ill certainly try again with the one coming up in May. 

So here's my idea:  Lets organize a Q&A for the Boards.   We could vote up a short list of Questions from TCF's questions compilation thread, or a fresh submission poll.  It would likely be more efficient than some of the Reddit AMA's because we know the WOJ section, and also the sort of Questions he wont answer.  We could even ask the Mods/Beta's/Special Collections Division to vet the questions ahead of time to keep it worth-while, weeding out things that have been asked before, or will touch on Skin Game, etc.  Make it something that's not precisely a Live interaction, so nobody has to worry about being at work or asleep while it's happening.  We just submit the list by some deadline and he responds when he has time; I know he's a busy man and I do not want anything to derail his work (Needs me some Goggles and mafia Cats, posthaste!). 

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2014, 11:21:35 PM »
I love the idea Q.

Git'er done!
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 10, 2014, 05:42:13 AM »
I want him here  too, so sounds like a good idea, if Jim Butcher wants to do it, I support this idea.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 10, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »
I love that idea, but isn't the "Ask Jim" thread similar?  (Asking because I'm not 100% sure if that's the format, etc that would be used.)  Whoa, just checked and there is no "Ask Jim" thread.....I'll respond when my mind gets back from vacation and I can think more clearly...no guarantees though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:41:20 PM by Alilisa »

Offline stillupathome

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 25, 2014, 07:52:23 PM »
I notice that Jim will be at Phoenix Comic Con this year.  Any chance we could see him at Reno Comic Con November 21-23, 2014? I know we'd love to see him here.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 25, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »
I notice that Jim will be at Phoenix Comic Con this year.  Any chance we could see him at Reno Comic Con November 21-23, 2014? I know we'd love to see him here.

You should send an e-mail to Sarah Skolaut.  She can answer these kinds of questions.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #763 on: April 26, 2014, 05:57:28 AM »
Jim's schedules for 2014 and 2015 are booked solid, but you can contact the Reno Comic Con staff and see if they'd like to send Jim an invitation for 2016.

Offline Cheshire!452

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 09, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
I would love for him to come Maryland and/or DC!  ;D