Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 260286 times)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #705 on: November 23, 2013, 12:12:47 AM »
Sure, MX, you want to bring it back closer to WI again and we can get together once more and bring Chiro, too, and maybe meet all the ones we missed the first time?

Hey, better yet...we need a huge fundraiser for our accessible/integrated playground redo here in Janesville...want to bring him to this area and do that, accomplish two things at once, then we can drag others from MN, IL, WI, IA over too! After or the next day, we can all take a trip to Chicago to see Sue!!

Wisconsin-land works too.  Would be awesome to see yas again :)  Been a while since I've been up that way, could use a road trip.  Car can handle a few folks as well.  Got me a new phone and some recording tricks so should be able to do an upload of the recording same night.  As long as recordings are still allowed at the venue.

With enough lead time, some of us a little futher (Kansas City) could make it as well.

Would enjoy meeting you and yours, Rasins :)

Offline Ranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 26, 2013, 02:17:08 AM »
Nashville, TN!

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:20 PM »
That would be soooo great, and Rasins, you can come, too.  I think I still have your old phone number, MX, in fact I know I do. *L*  That would be sooo much fun to get together again, especially being able to have others there, too.  Now let's hope it happens!
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
That would be soooo great, and Rasins, you can come, too.  I think I still have your old phone number, MX, in fact I know I do. *L*  That would be sooo much fun to get together again, especially being able to have others there, too.  Now let's hope it happens!

New phone, same number so all good :)  Now all we need is the date of release and destination/time!

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #709 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25:57 AM »
Sure, MX, you want to bring it back closer to WI again and we can get together once more and bring Chiro, too, and maybe meet all the ones we missed the first time?

Hey, better yet...we need a huge fundraiser for our accessible/integrated playground redo here in Janesville...want to bring him to this area and do that, accomplish two things at once, then we can drag others from MN, IL, WI, IA over too! After or the next day, we can all take a trip to Chicago to see Sue!!

It would be lovely to see you folks again - and anyone else, too.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline loribennett

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 23, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »
Louisiana, Pretty Pretty Please! Anywhere would be fine. If Jim comes, we will drive.  There are several cons in New Orleans, some dealing with spooky stuff.  There is also a new steampunk con in Baton Rouge, but Baton Rouge is pretty dull.  Most of all, if I could have any place granted me, I would love for him to be a guest at the Jambalaya Writters Conference held, each year, in the spring at the Terrebonne Parish Main Branch Library in Houma, Louisiana. Houma is only about 45 minuites (south west) from New Orleans, and very hospitible.  There are many people here who LOVE The Dresden Files!

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 24, 2013, 12:24:37 AM »
Now that the date is known, and I have that week off do to advanced notice, a road trip does sound like a fine idea

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 25, 2013, 07:30:28 AM »
Just let us all know!!
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 25, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
Hey, Alilisa and MX - if you guys can find a CON that is going on Next summer in the area, contact them and have them get with Jim's assistant and invite him to attend/signing.

That would be awesome.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 25, 2013, 09:28:23 PM »
http://www.odysseycon.org/  That's the one they have in Madison, WI, They're having it in 2014, in April, but unsure of the Dates, they don't have them listed yet.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 25, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
http://www.odysseycon.org/  That's the one they have in Madison, WI, They're having it in 2014, in April, but unsure of the Dates, they don't have them listed yet.
\

We are returning to the Radisson April 12-14, 2013.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 26, 2013, 12:07:26 AM »
But next year will be 2014 *L* That's what I mean, next year it has a ?? for the dates in April. :)

Found the 2014 dates and location:

Odyssey Con 14 will be April 4-6 at the Crowne Plaza hotel on Madison's east side.

Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention with some gaming
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:14:10 AM by Alilisa »

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #717 on: December 26, 2013, 04:53:14 AM »
I expect Jim's 2014 schedule has already long since been determined, for the most part. If you're trying to convince cons to reach out to Jim's agent, I'd suggest inquiring about 2015 or 2016 appearances.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 26, 2013, 05:12:38 AM »
I was kind of suspecting that, Priscellie, thank you for letting us know.  I'll see if maybe I can figure out who to contact and get ahold of them.  Thanks again. :)

Offline TorontoWarden

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 07, 2014, 03:52:24 PM »
Almost anywhere in the GTA (That's the Greater Toronto Area, for those who don't know). Or Victoria, B.C. -- as I need an excuse to fly out there again.
Thou shalt not seek knowledge beyond the Outer Gates.