Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 261834 times)

Offline crueber

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #660 on: December 03, 2012, 05:28:13 AM »
I'll add my voice to this: Either the Mall of America anytime, or as previously mentioned: GenCon in Indianapolis in August.

Offline Elf_NFB

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 03, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
I'll add my voice to this: Either the Mall of America anytime, or as previously mentioned: GenCon in Indianapolis in August.

GenCon.... definitely.... MOST definitely.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 03, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
For that time frame, I ask for dragonCon.  Its one of the few events in this part of the county, and a much more reasonable drive for me personally.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »
GenCon.... definitely.... MOST definitely.
I'll second GenCon, for sure, since I'll be there; though it's not exactly a perfect fit.

I'd suggest a Detroit suburb.  One of the decent ones.  Like Rochester Hills, Livonia, or Plymouth.

Perhaps even Ann Arbor, since it's more of an erudite town.  Detroiters (like me) could do the 40-minute commute pretty easy.

There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Perpetrator of The Cold Days Release FAQ

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
-- The Doctor, Timewyrm: Genesys

Offline Elf_NFB

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 04, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »
I'll second GenCon, for sure, since I'll be there; though it's not exactly a perfect fit.

Perfect? No.. but damn good. I saw several Dresden cosplayers last time and the RPG sold out a couple years ago. GenCon has lots of authors every year.. Jim would just be the most popular. :)

Offline shaliscarai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 15, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
Since I live right on the border of Indiana and Ohio, if he could do Indy, Dayton, Cincy or go back to Beavercreek it would be close to me. My daughter has talked me into going see him in Beavercreek the last couple of times he's been there and I'm sure she'd love to see him again. I still laugh when her teachers see her reading his books. She's been reading him since she was 8yrs old and met him when she was 9. She just finished the latest book, Cold Days, today after only having it less than 2 days so she's very eager for him to put out another one! LOL
How am I supposed to think outside of the box if they won't let me out of it?

Offline Muhabba

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 20, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
Has anybody mentioned Planet Comicon in Kansas City yet? Cuz I would be all over that.

Offline Sinclair

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My Cosplay Page
« Reply #667 on: January 04, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
The New York-New Jersey area. I'm perfectly fine with NYC :)
Dresden Files fan and Cosplayer:

Completed:
-Thomas Wraith

Offline Violet Rook

• Participant
  • Long-Time player of RPGs
    • View Profile
    • NERO North Texas
« Reply #668 on: January 07, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »
Fan Days in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area is really good. I would love to see Jim Butcher anywhere in the DFW Texas area.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Knowledge is power. Study hard, be evil.

Offline JustJax

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 20, 2013, 05:37:58 PM »
Eastern Iowa, preferably Cedar Rapids.

Offline Jersey

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 22, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
North Jersey would be nice
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy  --Ben Franklin

Offline Silencer

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
Dallas or OKC!

Offline beesting

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 11, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »
I would love it if Jim would visit Los Angeles. The Barnes and Nobel at the Grove would be amazing, but if you don't want to do the corp thing Romans in Pasadena is a legendary independant book store. I'm a newer fan. I began reading about two years ago when I finished reading every book ever written by my go to authors and my sister asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said I wanted a book from a new amazing author that I could get into. She sent me the first three Dresden Files books. I loved them and have been hooked ever since. In the down time between new releases I read everything Jim Butcher has published. In turn I hooked my boyfriend and he hooked his best friend I've even gotten a few co-workers to become fans. Please come to L.A. you have a market. When I went about 15 minutes after the Barnes and Nobel opened to buy Cold Days I grabbed the book, went to the counter to pay and the sales person asked, "Are these books good because we just opened and I've had a bunch of people purchase this book?" I responed, " I've been waiting for this for months. The series is  amazing though a bit culty.you should check it out." Then of course left to go home and finish reading it that day.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #673 on: February 11, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »
I would love it if Jim would visit Los Angeles. The Barnes and Nobel at the Grove would be amazing, but if you don't want to do the corp thing Romans in Pasadena is a legendary independant book store. I'm a newer fan. I began reading about two years ago when I finished reading every book ever written by my go to authors and my sister asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said I wanted a book from a new amazing author that I could get into. She sent me the first three Dresden Files books. I loved them and have been hooked ever since. In the down time between new releases I read everything Jim Butcher has published. In turn I hooked my boyfriend and he hooked his best friend I've even gotten a few co-workers to become fans. Please come to L.A. you have a market. When I went about 15 minutes after the Barnes and Nobel opened to buy Cold Days I grabbed the book, went to the counter to pay and the sales person asked, "Are these books good because we just opened and I've had a bunch of people purchase this book?" I responed, " I've been waiting for this for months. The series is  amazing though a bit culty.you should check it out." Then of course left to go home and finish reading it that day.

He was just in Redondo Beach two months ago.  Hopefully he'll be back again before too long, though!

Offline mnknight

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 16, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
Twin Cities MN or somewhere within not crazy driving distance.