Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 260247 times)

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #630 on: September 18, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Just to put the vote out for anywhere in Southeast Michigan.  I know many people who would fill the store for a signing, and I and others would gladly take him out to dinner and put him up if desired.  (which I doubt, but you never know).  I went to his Ann Arbor signing for Changes, but we apparently didn't rate a return for Ghost Story.  :(

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 18, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »
Just to put the vote out for anywhere in Southeast Michigan.  I know many people who would fill the store for a signing, and I and others would gladly take him out to dinner and put him up if desired.  (which I doubt, but you never know).  I went to his Ann Arbor signing for Changes, but we apparently didn't rate a return for Ghost Story.  :(

That sounds a touch snarky toodeep - it could be that his publisher had him going elsewhere or real life
intervened.

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »
That sounds a touch snarky toodeep - it could be that his publisher had him going elsewhere or real life
intervened.

I'm not sure why that sounds snarky when you then turn around and agree with me.  I assume that publishers do a complicated dance when determining where there will be signings, to maximize the return on the authors time and the rewards to his fan base in such a way that they feel it will help the sales the most.  It is possible that they did not see an expected bump in sales or news articles or something of that nature from the Ann Arbor book signing when they came out for Changes, and thus they did not come out again.  Saying that the publisher chose another location based on historical results or calculated effects of his time investment, is saying that we didn't rate another visit. That's not a diss on him or his publisher, but is what I assume.  I can only hope that something changes this calculation for a future book, or that our fair area comes up again in the cosmic list of areas to visit.  I don't really care why, I just hope he comes.

Real life interfering is a possibility as well, as always, which I did not address in my post because I generally don't attempt to theorize about personal lives; while I feel business decisions are fair game.  :)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 19, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »
Okay, it just came off, to me, doesn't make it so, as a bit of a diss on JB.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 19, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »

I think the only place he has returned to recently is in MO (near his home base)!! Apparently he isn't good at traveling and so his signing tours are rather limited. They seem to choose a good mix of places across the country, but never A LOT of places per tour and no repeats as far as I can tell. He was in Boston last year, so I'm pretty sure if I want to go to another signing I'll be doing the traveling! Oh well...
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #635 on: September 19, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
It's not a question of return on investment.  Penguin rarely has Jim visit the same city twice in a row, because they want fans all over the country to get their chance to meet him!  Look at how many cities folks are clamoring for him to visit in this thread.  There's only one Jim!  Share the love. :D

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 19, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
Indeed. Share the love. Share it with San Antonio!!
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Enchantedwater

• Needs A Life
  • The Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »
California bay area needs some love.....
"It was all like BAM! What now sucka!? Bring on your silly retinas, I got tricks!" - Wat 8)

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 19, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »
He's already gonna be in Cali like the day it comes out!
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #639 on: September 19, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »
He's already gonna be in Cali like the day it comes out!

Day after.  L.A./Redondo Beach on Wednesday the 28th.

Offline Enchantedwater

• Needs A Life
  • The Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
Day after.  L.A./Redondo Beach on Wednesday the 28th.

LA Is so far south......  :'( it's like a two day trip....
"It was all like BAM! What now sucka!? Bring on your silly retinas, I got tricks!" - Wat 8)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
If I still had my old apartment you'd be welcome to crash on the couch, Wat.
Unfortunately no room in this place.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
LA Is so far south......  :'( it's like a two day trip....

Please. If I can drive from San Antonio to San Diego in two days, I'm sure you can make it from NoCal to LA.

;D

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Enchantedwater

• Needs A Life
  • The Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 19, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
Please. If I can drive from San Antonio to San Diego in two days, I'm sure you can make it from NoCal to LA.

;D

*sniffle*

*wails*

I get lost soooo easily!  It would take me three days!

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 19, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »
Ummmm, GPS maybe?

Drip, Drip, Drop.