Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 257493 times)

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #570 on: June 17, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »
Dear Jim,

Hello, please know that if you wish to visit Concord, California I am prepaired to offer you free Burger King. All you can eat. This is not a bribe. This is a fact.

Thank you,

Charlotte

I would almost bribe with the same type of thing.  :) 

But he has come to a book signing in a city-two or three times- around five hours from me. But it's on a Saturday and I'm usually expected to work with someone in the mornings and I probably would have to drive back after dark--getting home late...been so tempted to do it anyway.
Working on Turning Lead into Gold

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 18, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »

I agree. But when is "Ghost story" going to be out in paperback? So I can read it?

Boy for someone who was one of Butcher's first fans I sure have to wait long to read his books.  :)

Now even longer for that next one but at least there will be one. :)

If you're interested, I have an extra hardcover copy of Ghost Story that I'd be willing to mail to you for free.   :)  It's in excellent condition.

And no authors of any significance rarely, if ever, come to Indiana, so I have no hope to see JB.  We may be in the crossroads of America, but we're overlooked in just about every aspect you can think of.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:02:53 PM by Zuriel »
"I exist, therefore, I obsess."

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:25 AM »
Has Jim ever came to Fort Worth, Texas? I would love that if he could.

He went to Dallas a few years back.

Offline AxGrinder

• Conversationalist
  • I like to be in the middle of things. With my ax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
Vegas would be OK with me.  We have non-stop flights from Des Moines to Vegas... :)

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #574 on: June 20, 2012, 04:58:46 AM »
If you're interested, I have an extra hardcover copy of Ghost Story that I'd be willing to mail to you for free.   :)  It's in excellent condition.

Sorry, it took me so long to get back here. 

Thank you a bunch for the offer. Oh, boy it sounds gooood but my wife thinks my paperbacks take up too much room now, which is one reason I bought a Nook. I have books everywhere in one room and in a cabinet in another room...she has made comments about it.  I think I will have to decline your great offer--rats.  I'm going to be on vacation soon and if I get on the ball I will go through a bunch of the books and see about getting rid of some. But I also want to revise one and half novels, write a story about life on a deadly planet in a week and critique a few so we will see what I remember to do.

I have bought some e-books but I would like to keep DF on paper because all the previous ones are.

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 20, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
LOL!  I hear you.   ;)

I never seem to have enough room for new books either, so I go through them every so often and try to get rid of a few old ones, but I hate to part with a lot of them.   :-\

Most of my DF books are paperback, since I just started reading less than two months ago, but I did find hardcopies of TC and GS at the local used bookstore because I couldn't find a paperback anywhere.

Sounds like you've got your writing work cut out for you.  Good luck!
"I exist, therefore, I obsess."

Offline bmather

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:53 AM »
Add another vote for North Carolina (Raleigh, but I'd drive 500 miles to hear Jim talk).

Offline TinkerBellHiddenTiger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »
The Library of Congress' National Book Festival. I think it would be an awesome opportunity for all your fans to come experience this great event with you. :)

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #578 on: June 24, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
LOL!  I hear you.   ;)

I never seem to have enough room for new books either, so I go through them every so often and try to get rid of a few old ones, but I hate to part with a lot of them.   :-\

Most of my DF books are paperback, since I just started reading less than two months ago, but I did find hardcopies of TC and GS at the local used bookstore because I couldn't find a paperback anywhere.

Sounds like you've got your writing work cut out for you.  Good luck!

There are some books I know I want to get rid of. I have around ten of the Shadowrun series. It's based on a video game evidently but the books tok off on their own. They had various writers with some sub series. Plus I know I have three duplicates and probably a few others I could find I wouldn't mind selling. I may try Craig's list.

Most I want to keep and some I may read again some day pre has if there is a lull after some of my favorite series end.

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #579 on: June 24, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
The Library of Congress' National Book Festival. I think it would be an awesome opportunity for all your fans to come experience this great event with you. :)

Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea, it would be open to everyone even though some of us would have to travel a far ways.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2012, 03:56:51 AM »
my house 130pm, bring Mojitos

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »
my house 130pm, bring Mojitos

Jim doesn't drink.  I'll take his mojitos.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
Jim doesn't drink.  I'll take his mojitos.
I don't know if this surprises me or not. Either way I am glad you have posted this.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
I don't know if this surprises me or not. Either way I am glad you have posted this.
because he could sit with you and me in our corner of weird and not drink together wile the others talk about acohole ?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »
because he could sit with you and me in our corner of weird and not drink together wile the others talk about acohole ?
lol and it just kinda amuses me.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?