Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 260592 times)

Offline PurpleFigment

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
I would be thrilled for him to appear in western Kentucky, Paducah is probably the most viable option. While we have a wonderful art community and many tourist opportunities, The National Quilt Museum i just one of them, we get over looked for most events such as this. The city is easy to get around, economically reasonable to stay and eat in, along with having a burgeoning literary and film community.   Kentucky is such a large state, events usually happen in Louisville or Lexington and that can be 5 hour, 6 hour or longer trip from other parts of the state.
A good alternative would be Nashville, TN - a larger area with many more bookstores.  It's also a very easy city to get around, park, etc.with lots of book stores.  Nashville is also closer to much of Kentucky that Lexington or Louisville.  It's just a two hour drive from Paducah, about five from St. Louis, MO.  Nashville also has an annual large book event, which I think is over the summer.
What a thrill it would be it would be for a book signing to take place there!

Offline krispyred

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
ORLANDO, FL, please! Don't stop in Atlanta, keep on going south

Offline Nexfalx

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Boston, or any where in Massachusetts really...

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »
Boston, or any where in Massachusetts really...

You get your wish!  He's signing in Cambridge in early August: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
 ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( STILL no Albuquerque????

I admit it's hot here, but after all, he DID write about Camp Kaboom and needs to see what he was writing about!

Besides, I STILL can't get to any of the other locations.... Can't afford the virtual signing, either. Can't WAIT for the book to get shipped...

I'm a mess.....................
"I don't object to the concept of a diety, but I am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance." -- Big Bang Theory

Ye GODS! I love that quote!

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2011, 08:36:02 PM »
??? ??? :'( :'( :'( STILL no Albuquerque????

I admit it's hot here, but after all, he DID write about Camp Kaboom and needs to see what he was writing about!

Besides, I STILL can't get to any of the other locations.... Can't afford the virtual signing, either. Can't WAIT for the book to get shipped...

I'm a mess.....................

*Hugs*

Keep it together, hon.

Maybe next year? I've never been there myself, but I've heard some folks say it's a swingin' place!

LML

(Of course, my home state of Minnesota has a few things to recommend it as well.  ;D)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:43:44 PM by LogicMouseLives »
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #411 on: June 22, 2011, 12:24:01 AM »
STILL no Albuquerque????

He's afraid he'll miss the left turn.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline horvathdp

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 22, 2011, 12:46:32 AM »
Yes,  Fargo!  After all, Dresden is the winter knight :-).

Offline Chatty Kathy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
Jefferson City MO, yes, yes, yes. Close to home...

Offline Jsherwood0

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 03, 2011, 11:19:09 PM »
ORLANDO, FL, please! Don't stop in Atlanta, keep on going south

Orlando would be awesome, but failing that, Dragon*Con in Atlanta, GA would be great and provide a lot more exposure than most venues (since people like me will travel to be there for the full weekend event).  Sadly, I see he's already doing Atlanta at the end of July, so while I will *hope*, I won't hold my breath.  =)

-John
DV jsherwood0 v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++ RP+ JB TH++ WG+ CL+++ SW- BC+ MC++++ SH[Murphy++++ Duh]

Offline Crawker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2011, 02:34:46 PM »
Is there any chance that Jim would come for a London book signing at some point in the near future?

DF is getting bigger here, its gone from one or two books to having its own shelf in the sci fi section with every released book since I've started reading. And that's just my (small) local bookstore.

Offline smtreadaway

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
I would be eternally greatful if The dashing Mr Butcher would grace the fair city of New Orleans. I'll make the gumbo  ;)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 13, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »
Hey, since he's in Naperville, he could just turn right, head towards WI, on his way to...well whatever's next and stop by my place, that way I don't have to worry about the doc yelling because I'm driving so far from home alone.  It's just near the border of WI/IL, so real close, kind of, to Naperville. :D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline PierzStyx

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:10 AM »
San Francisco or San Jose CA. I met Jim there once when  Turn Coat came out and would love to see him again!

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »
He's afraid he'll miss the left turn
Eeehh. What's up doc?
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.