Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 260613 times)

Offline The-Lord-Marcone

• Participant
  • He Who Walks like an Australian at Oktoberfest
    • View Profile
    • Know of any work going?
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »
Well, My computer is German anyway, but I think as standard here it is shift-3 to do a pound sign, shift-4 to do a dollar sign, and ctrl shift-e to do a euro sign.  For me it's shift-3 anyway. :)
A man of many talents and few syllables.  He Who can converse in Latin needs to get their priorities in order. Hic Haec Hoc...

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »
Oh ya, I agree, Wisconsin, we have Champion Green Bay Packers, not to mention cows..cows...and lots more cows here, ever seen how nice those things are!  That means we have lots of healthy milk for him to drink, and mmmm those home made meals from all those good old fashioned families that live here.

Plus if he came here, just think of what he could do for our poor economy and maybe he could even help calm the protests that are making national news here, they may even just stop!  Now  that in and of itself is a HUGE reason he should come here, seriously!

Jim, you and your wife would be so welcome, we never get anything big here, well but for the Packers, and our Brewers do good once in a while too...and well the Badgers aren't doing too bad either.  We have a couple local high school teams that are doing well...ok ok ok, so we do have a lot of great things here, and hey, moral mushrooms..MMMMMmmmmm ever have them fried up in butter?  I could get you some *grins* I know some great spots, and hey, we even catch some good fish over there on the Missisippi, I know some good spots for that too, and I also could get you a great home cooked meal, I know some "people" who are wonderful cooks....

Anyway, Wisconsin is a fantastic place to visit.  Oh and if you'd like to visit a haunted house or two, could take you to a couple of those also, theater, hey, we've got those too, the real kind, not the movie ones, though we have a few good ones of those also, and bookstores, we have the good ole fashioned kind around here too.  We have the great lakes, we have a mountain (not the huge ones, but a mountain nonetheless, least they call it Mt.), we have big bridges, we have low valleys, we have hills, we have flatlands, we have a variety of everything everyone else has in ONE STATE!

Visit us and you have it all....including great people...so there you go... *looks around and laughs*  Boy I need a job to sell Wisconsin to others....I'd be good.
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
Visit us and you have it all....including great people...so there you go... *looks around and laughs*  Boy I need a job to sell Wisconsin to others....I'd be good.

Anudder Wisconsinite?  YAY!!!  'Sokay, you can say it.  Wisconsin is the greatest state in the Union!
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »
Yes,  we're all around *grins evilly, rolling hands while looking around* soon we'll have them all... *nodding, then running off*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Orbweaver

• Posty McPostington
  • Let the games begin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
My vote for this particular book goes to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. There is a *huge* industry built on ghostly encounters, and given the title of the book, Jim would pull in a crowd. :) 
In a world of black, white, and grey's... I'd be bright freaking purple. Resident Female Forum Denarian.

Offline kingpaul

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2011, 01:21:21 AM »
My vote for this particular book goes to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. There is a *huge* industry built on ghostly encounters, and given the title of the book, Jim would pull in a crowd. :)
I could get behind Gettysburg. I've got some friends in the area.
Paul W. King

DV kingpaul v1.2 YR5 FR3.5 BK++ RP JB TH++ !WG CL+ SW BC+ MC++ SH[Murphy++, Molly+++, Mavra----]

Offline Krager

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »
Ditto on North Carolina.  I'm in Charlotte, but would definitely drive a ways for a JB event.

Offline The Creeping Spleen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
The UK, specifically Scotland.

Offline Darkwish17

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2011, 03:07:17 PM »
Heh, Waco would be awesome ^^ But if anything Dallas or Austin. I"m stuck between both of them.
"Heh, you really want to mess with me right now don't you?" "Of course Miar." ~ Wriath and Shilo from Blood and Paw prints.

Offline Big_H

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
Chicago or Indy.

I just saw Patricia Briggs at the same Borders Jim was apparently at in 09. Hopefully Ace has him go everything other book and he goes there for Ghost Story.

I'm new to the forum, is there some e-newsletter or anything that would update me to events?

Offline AtlantaP.I.

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
I would like to see Jim come to Georgia for this tour.  I missed him last year at Dragon Con, and from the little I have read, he won't be coming this year. 

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
He did DragonCon this past year.

I got to meet Jim, Priscellie, Shecky, Iago, Serack, and quite a few others at MarsCon. 

I think it would be a great idea to find at least one place each year and do our best to do a JB Fan Event.  Pick a smaller Con, like MarsCon, or one of the smaller ComicCons (Baltimore anyone?) and make an effort to get everyone out to it.

If I find out that there will be another event on the East Coast, between New York and South Carolina...  I will do everything I can to make it out there ! 

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:28 PM »
I got to meet Jim, Priscellie, Shecky, Iago, Serack, and quite a few others at MarsCon. 

I think it would be a great idea to find at least one place each year and do our best to do a JB Fan Event.  Pick a smaller Con, like MarsCon, or one of the smaller ComicCons (Baltimore anyone?) and make an effort to get everyone out to it.

If I find out that there will be another event on the East Coast, between New York and South Carolina...  I will do everything I can to make it out there ! 

As long as we're not pushing Jim to come, I'm all for it; dude's got a lot on his plate.

And good to see you popping up again here!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:19 PM »
Chicago or Indy.

I just saw Patricia Briggs at the same Borders Jim was apparently at in 09. Hopefully Ace has him go everything other book and he goes there for Ghost Story.

I'm new to the forum, is there some e-newsletter or anything that would update me to events?

You can change your profile settings to get notification for new posts to certain boards or topics. (Profile>Modify My Profile>Notifications & Email)
Here is general announcements, which is where they post updates on the sample chapter releases, etc. :

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/board,11.0.html

And his 2011 schedule so far:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23510.0.html

Also, whenever you log in you can check "Show new replies to your post" for any topic you post in. You can just post one word to keep track of the topic. (But this can get cumbersome if you start to post in a lot of topics.)

I hope this helps and welcome! *whispers to self* Good luck leaving.... its like crack.....
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:18 AM »

Yup!  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jbannounce/