Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 260639 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »
Not really.  Maryland and Delaware have more in common with states above the Mason-Dixon line.  So does Northern Virginia.  Maybe Mid-Atlantic should just refer to those three.  :-D

Which is why I personally group them with the northern states.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline beach

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2011, 03:47:46 AM »
I'm voting for Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.  Currently their idea of a good author to have visit is R. A. Salvatore.  I can throw in extra guilt since I've got a candle in the window for a husband deployed to Afghanistan. 

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »
I'm voting for Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.  Currently their idea of a good author to have visit is R. A. Salvatore.  I can throw in extra guilt since I've got a candle in the window for a husband deployed to Afghanistan. 

You're in luck!  Jim is coming to NorWesCon in SeaTac in late April, only 40 minutes away from the McChord AFB!

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
I still vote for Zagreb! :P

I heard that EuroCon will be held in Zagreb next year... althought im not 100% sure. But it would be awesome! ;D
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline stu.climber

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
I would love to see Jim appear in Orlando (MegaCon or some such) Its very hard to get out of Florida and see any of the larger conventions

Offline beach

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2011, 05:01:48 AM »
You're in luck!  Jim is coming to NorWesCon in SeaTac in late April, only 40 minutes away from the McChord AFB!

Boy isn't this just my luck he arriaves when I am scheduled to go home to North Carolina for the first time in 3 years.  *Sigh*  I guess I'll just console myself by reading Ghost Story when it comes out.

Offline cheesemaster

• Conversationalist
  • What's in the bag, Wang?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
How is it that the dapper Mr Morden is the ONLY person to suggest the Twin Cities, Mn? I mean, it's a straight shot up I-35 for Mr. Butcher, and 2/3 of the flipping state live in the area! Visit one city and take care of a whole region? No brainer! We love you up here, my man!

If you feel like dropping by Prior Lake on your way up the wife and I make a heck of a kung poa chicken from scratch....or dago dots (our own creation) = acini de pepi pasta and cheese stuffed meatballs. For all the hours of endless entertainment you have given us we at least owe you a meal!
“In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.”
― Isaac Marion

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2011, 09:01:03 PM »

And I'm only about six hours east of there.  I'd TOTALLY make that!  Still pulling for Milwaukee, but Twin Cities would be cool too.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Charlie Aome

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
would he possibly do something like Dragoncon? I mean i know it's still a pretty huge event, but not a crazy as SDCC.

Offline Charlie Aome

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2011, 08:15:48 AM »
What about Boston?! :) I saw his tour from last year and he was barely on the east coast. He was in NY but then the closest he got after that was Ohio.  Boston will treat him well, promise!!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
would he possibly do something like Dragoncon? I mean i know it's still a pretty huge event, but not a crazy as SDCC.

He did DragonCon this past year.

Offline cheesemaster

• Conversationalist
  • What's in the bag, Wang?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2011, 05:39:54 PM »
Promise him a nice stuffed quahog wrapped in foil straight from a beach shack and I bet he comes!

....for that matter, I'm on my way.....keep mine warm.
“In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.”
― Isaac Marion

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2011, 10:16:34 PM »
I think Jim should be booked for a week long signing in Aruba, consisting of 2 hours of signing on Monday and 2 hours of signing on Friday.  I don't live anywhere near there, but I think Mr. and Mrs. Butcher have earned it (on the publisher's dime of course.)
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Offline davetheyogi

• Conversationalist
  • Must. Get. Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »
Nice one!
Yes, I think Jim should appear at my local pub. Where no one (but me) will know him or ask him damn fool questions or tell him not to die before completing his opus.
He could just get quietly legless on good British ale.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, verily, he was totally pissed off

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:30 AM »
How is it that the dapper Mr Morden is the ONLY person to suggest the Twin Cities, Mn? I mean, it's a straight shot up I-35 for Mr. Butcher, and 2/3 of the flipping state live in the area! Visit one city and take care of a whole region? No brainer! We love you up here, my man!

I wholeheartedly support this. 
Just....with my luck, he visits during something I can't duck. Like my thesis proposal defense. (Hey, it could happen. I'm supposed to this summer.)