Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 261861 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »
Jim and Shannon will both be in Williamsburg this weekend for Marscon. there is a thread about it here maybe you can still get a ticket.

I seem to remember the website listing an alternate price if you pay at the door so I think there is still plenty of opportunities to get in.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2011, 12:50:10 AM »
http://www.marscon.net/Home/registration/weekend-prices

There's the "menu" of weekend prices.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Berrylovely

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2011, 01:16:18 AM »
I'm with Seriphina...please come to Indy! I would bring my mom and various others!

Indianapolis is an awesome place! Lots of places, including Chicago and Cincinnati and Dayton are within driving distance. St. Louis is within driving distance as well. I would help find place to eat for all interested. There is a TON of stuff to do here. NONE of my fav authors have ever come to Indy for signings. And based on the amount of people always in the Sci-fi areas at local bookstores there is definitely a following. Oh, please come to Indianapolis in the Spring time!

If not Indy then Dayton would be awesome cause I could go see a friend who I've been to book signings with before. She likes JB as well. Seeing her gives me excuse to shop and go out to eat! ;)
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.~Walt Disney

There can be only ONE of you for ALL time. Fearlessly Be Yourself.

..When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.~WHMS

Offline JohnstonMR

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »
Sacramento, California.  Central location in California, within a couple of hours of all the major northern cities. 

Or, hell, anywhere in Northern California--San Francisco, San Jose, Marin, Napa, I can travel... Southern California, though, is too far and too expensive to travel to, even for Jim. 

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
Priscellie,

Do you know if they ever attend the World Science Fiction Convention?  It's in Reno in August this year.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline library lasciel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2011, 06:25:44 PM »
It's early, but I think he might have noticed how very loved and popular he was at Dragon Con last year...

If he comes again, I have a feeling that the staff will realize the error of their ways and give him bigger rooms now.   ;D

Atlanta, Sept 2-5, 2011.

(If not this year, then please don't make us poor dedicated southern fans wait another four years.  I may not survive!)

Alternatively, anywhere in SC, the southern half of NC, or the northern half of GA would be awesome, and I'll be there with bells on.

Offline Captain Indigo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »
I second the vote for Dragon*Con again this year. Glad I got to the signing line 3 hours early or I wouldn't have gotten in. Got to meet Fred Hicks too, which was an unexpected bonus.

Also, how about Chattanooga? A bookstore signing or one of the small sci-fi conventions in town would be awesome.

Offline Sherm3

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2011, 08:01:29 AM »
Somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area please, Santa Clara County would great.
Last time Jim came CA, he hit San Diego and the LA area. I couldn't go that far, still can't.

Offline kingaling

• Conversationalist
  • THE VOICES ARENT REAL, but have some good ideas
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:39 AM »
Eugene, Oregon. It's only a few hours south of Portland. There's a Borders here that would be perfect for the event!
Son of Blampira and father to the vampire in her sig.

"It's good to be King." - Mel Brooks

"I have an idea! An idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Offline trek

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »
I'd drive to just about any place in New Jersey.  Heck, I'd even make a home-cooked meal.

Offline Vryce

• Conversationalist
  • You suck. You suck diseased moose wang, Marcone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
Florida.... Come for the Beach, sign a few books!
Prey is Prey.  The fact it is human, in this case, does not make it any more difficult.  Intellect, Like instinct can be anticipated, manipulated…

Offline FreshBrewedZombie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
Sacramento, California.  Central location in California, within a couple of hours of all the major northern cities. 

Or, hell, anywhere in Northern California--San Francisco, San Jose, Marin, Napa, I can travel... Southern California, though, is too far and too expensive to travel to, even for Jim. 

Yes, this.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.  ~Attributed to Groucho Marx

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2011, 04:39:59 AM »
Please Have something in chicago it's a 2 and a half hour drive but the only place around big enough for him *sigh*
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Anjea

• Lurker
  • You tapped that ass. Presumably it was phat!
    • View Profile
    • Yuuzhan Vong Rising
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2011, 06:03:35 AM »
DRAGONCON!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2011, 07:08:31 AM »
It's early, but I think he might have noticed how very loved and popular he was at Dragon Con last year...

If he comes again, I have a feeling that the staff will realize the error of their ways and give him bigger rooms now.   ;D

Atlanta, Sept 2-5, 2011.

(If not this year, then please don't make us poor dedicated southern fans wait another four years.  I may not survive!)

Thirded. 25th anniversary of D*C this year...should be epic.