Author Topic: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?  (Read 262448 times)

Offline Enchantedwater

• Needs A Life
  • The Wat
    • View Profile
Re: Where would YOU like Jim to appear?
« Reply #645 on: September 19, 2012, 09:22:11 PM »
Ummmm, GPS maybe?

I has one..... Still happens....
"It was all like BAM! What now sucka!? Bring on your silly retinas, I got tricks!" - Wat 8)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »
So it's looking   Cool for them.  Chicagoland has been lucky enough to have two visits over the last three years.  Mind you, on the off-chance a stop happens to be within 4 or 5 hours of home, I will be taking a ride, weather permitting :)

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 19, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
Yeah, Jim comes anywhere in the Lone Star State and I'm there.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 19, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »
Anywhere mid-indiana. preferably Indianapolis.

Offline Sūlien

• Conversationalist
  • Wounded, old and treacherous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:11 PM »
What areas/places would you like Jim to come to for the Ghost Story tour?

I would love for him to come to North Carolina myself for a signing or something, anywhere outside the state is just too far away for mwah.

I'm really hoping for Portland, Oregon, or possibly even Olympia, Washington.  I live out on the Washington coast and those are the closest places that are even remotely likely.  I could do Seattle, but the traffic getting to and from there is the absolute pits.
Be the kind of woman who, when her feet hit the ground in the morning, the Devil says, "Oh crap, she's awake!"

"A government is a group of people usually notably ungoverned."
Captain Mal Reynolds, "Firefly"

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 21, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
It's not a question of return on investment.  Penguin rarely has Jim visit the same city twice in a row, because they want fans all over the country to get their chance to meet him!  Look at how many cities folks are clamoring for him to visit in this thread.  There's only one Jim!  Share the love. :D

Makes perfect sense.  I thought there were repeats in New York and stuff.  Any chance in repeating locations every 2-3 books :)

Offline Mr. Ghostbuster

• Conversationalist
  • Jimbassador to the United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 21, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »
I don't think Jim has ever done a signing in Iowa. At least not since I've been a fan. Cedar Rapids or Iowa City would be great, though a suppose a road trip to Des Moines isn't unreasonable. Though, I have to admit if he does a signing in Chicagoland, I'd still be tempted to make the trip.
DV Warden of Iowa City 1.0 YR4 FR(M)1 BK+++ RP JB++ TH+ WG++ CL+ SW BC+ MC---- FF+ SH++[Murphy+++ Lara+ Gard+ Molly-]

Hi. I'm the future director of The Dresden Files movie. Wink.

Offline Sūlien

• Conversationalist
  • Wounded, old and treacherous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
I has one..... Still happens....

Get yourself a good road atlas, like the Rand McNally, which is updated yearly.  For getting around in areas too small to be covered by that, I recommend a local county map, most of which are available through Barnes and Noble. 

Dratted GPSs have gotten me completely turned around and to the wrong location more times than they've been of use.  Give me a good, old fashioned map any time!  Hmmm...which reminds me, I need to see if I can find a .pdf file of the RM Road Atlas for my netbook.  Save on all of that paper. 

ETA: COOL!  Rand McNally has directions on their site!  If you get lost easily, I suggest you give them a try: http://maps.randmcnally.com/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:44:54 PM by Sūlien »
Be the kind of woman who, when her feet hit the ground in the morning, the Devil says, "Oh crap, she's awake!"

"A government is a group of people usually notably ungoverned."
Captain Mal Reynolds, "Firefly"

Offline Orange Krush

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 02, 2012, 12:52:44 AM »
We are all waiting for Jim to show up in Toronto, Ontario Canada.  It's clean up here and everyone is nice eh.

Offline shibler2

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »
GenCon in Indianapolis next August would be cool Tracy Hickman has been there the few times I was along with several other writers it is a gaming convention so the DF RPG would fit right in easily...

Shibby ...
Life is like a box of chocolates and Harry seems to find all the coconut ones!

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:08 AM »
havent been to gencon since college, not since Living Arcanis was still around.  I  could maybe make the trip if there were dfrpg's going down...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Adam.Farber

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 16, 2012, 03:02:19 PM »
I would very much like for Jim to do a book signing in South Florida like Ft Lauderdale, or West Palm Beach. 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 16, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »
Hey, a sunny Florida trip in the winter might be nice for him, and an ironic way to celebrate the release of Cold Days! 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline yaddayadda

• Participant
  • Don't yadda yadda the Lord, It's disrespectful
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 19, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
Cincinnati, Ohio   is very centrally located.  Jim & Co could use my church's auditorium. It seats about 1000 & has 2 Giant screens so the folks in the balcony can see. It's new-ish.  Of course, couldn't do Saturday or Sunday event. Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky airport is a Delta hub.  I-75 connects MANY MANY states.  We have Joseph-Beth Booksellers that could provide the book ordering facilities. Hotels here are very reasonably priced.  I volunteer for legwork.  NOW is not too early to be thinking about the book that follows Cold Days !!!!!

Offline phoenixjustice

• Conversationalist
  • I believe in you, Spike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 19, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »
Indianapolis, Indiana or Louisville, Kentucky. Both are close to me and I've been dying to meet Jim in person.

DV PhoenixJusticev1.2YR9FR(M)6, BK++, RP, JB+, TH++, WG++, CL++, SW+, BC+, MC+++++, SH(Lash++, Murphy++,Molly+++,Morgan++,Marcone++, Kincaid++, Bob++, Mavra----, Nic+, DF OTP ++++)