Author Topic: Email notifacation and junk  (Read 7198 times)

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
  • Elve's they taste like chicken
    • View Profile
Email notifacation and junk
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:31 AM »
If I missed this just slap me with a staff and call me shirly but it would be nice to but not world ending if not, that if you get a email on the site or someone respondes to a post you've made to have a alert in your target email server.   Of course this would be optional for people who don't care to get the extra emails mixed in with regular emails.  Just a wish list item.
Spirit of the Century Character, Mike "The Cashier" Green aka Cash Green
Holding "The Tommygun of Holy Vengance"

Offline CarolM

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob, Forever with us
    • View Profile
Re: Email notifacation and junk
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »
You can get notification of new posts Corbin, you just press Notify at the foot of the page in the topic.
About the board messages, I get a notification of a new message. (At home, not at work where I am now >:( ). But I can't see if there was a button to press to get it. I don't think there was, I thought one got them automatically. :shrug:

ETA This board seems to be run by the same people as another board I use, on the grounds that the layout is identical, so it was just like coming home posting here. ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:43:59 PM by CarolM »
Carol

Bob: in our hearts forever.

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
  • Elve's they taste like chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 09:11:50 PM »
ah there it is, I'm in a habbit of not pushing something less I know what it tis cleaverly decised as additional options.  thanks
Spirit of the Century Character, Mike "The Cashier" Green aka Cash Green
Holding "The Tommygun of Holy Vengance"

Offline Doom

• Participant
  • In my dreams, I'm still a wiseass.
    • View Profile
    • Because I Can
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:50:18 AM »
ETA This board seems to be run by the same people as another board I use, on the grounds that the layout is identical, so it was just like coming home posting here. ;D

I suspect it's not run by the same people.  The board software is available online.  They probably just have the same thing installed.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference.