Author Topic: Richelle Mead's Work! (Board Member goes pro)  (Read 52613 times)

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus Blues
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »
Yeratel: Oh my goodness.  That would be so cool...yet I worry I'd fall behind!  I disappear from other forums for months at a time. I'd feel horrible doing that to my own forum.  Maybe it'd give me incentive to be diligent, though.
Heh! By the time you've got a dozen or so published books out there, you should be able to have someone set up and run the website for you. Pat Elrod updates her's every couple of months, or when she has a new book coming out, like Jim does when he posts sample chapters here.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »
 What you need is a fan with the knowledge to run it.  I'm most definitely not that tech-type person!  MSD... though???  :-)  I think her calendar is full though. 

Heh - I'd be flattered, but yeah... just a little full... what with my country's 500th anniversary to plan, so many to torture, and others to frame for it...I'm just swamped!  ;)
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »
figured I'd get a rise out that! 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2008, 02:20:34 AM »
As long as you are "peeking" in now and then....

I'm a fan of Succabus Blues BUT wow--your preview for the new series sounds like something I'll like even more!  Your writing is always sharp, witty, exciting & fresh.   Can you get us more samples????
Wait... what?  A new series?  Oh, man, my TBR pile just grew...   :P

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »
Sample chapter in back of On Top.  I'll check my copy at home and get you the title and the date...  Meg
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline Moritz

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2008, 12:24:33 PM »
I just found out that a German underground/ goth publisher will have a translation soon

(I don't know about the rules for links here - if you are at work or offended by pictures of breasts or something, you might not want to follow that link)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:29:36 PM by Moritz »
I only read the British editions of Dresden Files, so I am half a year behind concerning the plot.
I also only read them when I travel.

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
  • Redhaired and Dangerous
    • View Profile
    • Richelle Mead's Official Website
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2008, 07:23:19 PM »
Moritz wrote:  just found out that a German underground/ goth publisher will have a translation soon

You are correct...not sure I think of them as 'underground,' but yup!   :D They're doing a translation that'll be out in 2009, so I'm pretty excited.  That same company is doing a translation of Vampire Academy too.  There are also eventually going to be French, Spanish, and Russian translations eventually.

And for those asking about the new series, the first book in it is called Storm Born, and its first chapter is online on over at my website.  Also, if you're fast, I have a contest ending tonight on my blog where you can win a copy of Storm Born by coming up with the worst thing to say on a first date.
FROSTBITE - Available now from Penguin/Razorbill!
STORM BORN - Coming August 08 from Kensington
Visit my site for more info: http://www.richellemead.com

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2008, 05:12:53 PM »
Missed your cut off--but the worst I've ever heard a friend report was "Do you have a younger sister?"

OUCH!  Will anxiously look for Storm Born  (Great name!)

Offline Moritz

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »
Moritz wrote:  just found out that a German underground/ goth publisher will have a translation soon

You are correct...not sure I think of them as 'underground,' but yup!   

They published the diary of a 15 year old prostitute, that's certainly not mainstream.
OK, maybe not underground in the home-made copies sense.
I only read the British editions of Dresden Files, so I am half a year behind concerning the plot.

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »
They published the diary of a 15 year old prostitute, that's certainly not mainstream.

I'm this close to making a joke about Germany, but I love the Germans too much.   :P

Offline Moritz

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
I'm this close to making a joke about Germany, but I love the Germans too much.   :P

Now I'm curious...

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
Geez, I have to wait until Aug for Storm Born???  And I have a gap in my reading books right now.  Any sample chapters, besides the one at the back of book II of Succabus?  please, please

Offline Richelle Mead

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
Afraid not.  That one's on my website too, but I can't give away any more than that! :)  It's only a few weeks away, though. After that, I have rapidfire releases.  An anthology in August, next succubus book in October, and Vampire Academy 3 in November!

MatthewD44

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:35 PM »
I am waiting on the next SB book and my daughter is waiting on the next VA book.. so we should both be happy before Christmas

Offline THETA

• Conversationalist
  • Insert evil laugh now
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2008, 06:23:17 AM »
Um, Ms. Mead?

I have a question regarding Georgina's John Cusack look-a-like demon boss.

Is his name pronounced Jer-roam or like Jeremy?

My friend pointed out that the old Christian pronunciation of that spelling is like Jeremy, but i thought the Jer-roam pronouncement was more butch, so i kinda took mental liberty, however, i would like your honest input on the intended pronunciation of the name.  Thank you.
The words on the mysterious door read:
"Fancy hearing cake."