Author Topic: DFRPG Character Creator/Manager  (Read 29949 times)

Offline ZacharyHill227

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Character Creator/Manager
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:58 PM »
Oh well lol I figured it out. That is upsetting tho

Offline yakoaohw

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files RPG Character Manager
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »
No, I'm afraid not. For all I know, he's dead.

(I know this is an old thread, I'll start a new one after I tie up the loose ends.)

I can assure you I am not dead. I have not replied to anything here in a long time for a very good reason.

Well, a reason.

Well, I didn't. Mostly because life got very very busy. I apologize to everybody who had issues with my program and didn't get much feedback. That was kind of douchey of me. I at least could have come on here and said I didn't have time to look into things or some such thing. So, I'm sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. If I plan on falling off the map again, I will try and let people know.

That being said, my gaming group got back into playing Dresden and asked me to fix some of the stuff that I either didn't put in or had problems. So I took a look and found that since I originally started the thing, I have learned a lot about programming and learned how to do a lot of things I did previously much better. So, I decided to rewrite from scratch and make a better, fuller program.

It is mostly done. I asked two friends of mine to do some testing to see what they can break. I also need to add a few more items to it. When it is almost completely done, I'll get a few more people to try and break it and make corrections from there. When all that is accomplished and its ready for release, I'll start a new topic here and post the link so everybody can try and break it.

Again, my apologies to everybody who had issues and continues to have them. I'll answer questions about what I've worked on here and start a new thread when I'm ready to get a few more testers. It is my hope to be done before 4/1 (not a joke, I promise). Whether that happens or not depends on the dice I think.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. If you want to yell at me for being a jerk, you can, but I hardly think that is productive at this point.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM »
Glad to hear you are still working on this.  I love the program even with the flaws and I truly look forward to a new version. 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »
Awesome, you're alive!

I can't justify yelling at you; I've done more or less exactly what you did a number of times.

It seems to be expected from people who put things online for free.

Offline dbrowne1974

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
Yes glad to hear you're still around.  Love the old program, can't wait for a new one.

Offline lordoracle

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »
Glad you're back.

I can't wait to see your new program. With the exception of a few bugs, the original was great.

As for life getting hectic, we've all been there and can understand. We can't exactly yell at you since it's not like you're being paid to do this. I, for one, appreciate the work you put into the software. I haven't written code in years, and I was about to take a stab at it using Visual BASIC (that's how long it's been).

(I know this is an old thread, I'll start a new one after I tie up the loose ends.)

I can assure you I am not dead. I have not replied to anything here in a long time for a very good reason.

Well, a reason.

Well, I didn't. Mostly because life got very very busy. I apologize to everybody who had issues with my program and didn't get much feedback. That was kind of douchey of me. I at least could have come on here and said I didn't have time to look into things or some such thing. So, I'm sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. If I plan on falling off the map again, I will try and let people know.

That being said, my gaming group got back into playing Dresden and asked me to fix some of the stuff that I either didn't put in or had problems. So I took a look and found that since I originally started the thing, I have learned a lot about programming and learned how to do a lot of things I did previously much better. So, I decided to rewrite from scratch and make a better, fuller program.

It is mostly done. I asked two friends of mine to do some testing to see what they can break. I also need to add a few more items to it. When it is almost completely done, I'll get a few more people to try and break it and make corrections from there. When all that is accomplished and its ready for release, I'll start a new topic here and post the link so everybody can try and break it.

Again, my apologies to everybody who had issues and continues to have them. I'll answer questions about what I've worked on here and start a new thread when I'm ready to get a few more testers. It is my hope to be done before 4/1 (not a joke, I promise). Whether that happens or not depends on the dice I think.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. If you want to yell at me for being a jerk, you can, but I hardly think that is productive at this point.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:35:59 PM by lordoracle »
"If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research." - Wilson Mizner

Offline tetrasodium

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
It's awesome that your back I just stumbled on a new potential thingamabob.  I have an NPC with a stunt to move the social defense trapping to a different skill, short of giving him a bunch of empathy, I can't see any way to make the stress boxes line up with the stunt's trapping for this one npc

Offline GC1CEO

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:38 AM »
Any word on the program? , the website mentioned April and was hoping to have it by the time of my local convention at the end of the month.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
Any word on the program? , the website mentioned April and was hoping to have it by the time of my local convention at the end of the month.
There's a new thread on the General DFRPG Board. The new version can be found there.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,31657.msg1361344.html#msg1361344

I guess that new thread should probably be moved to the Resources Board as well. Maybe replace this old thread ?