Author Topic: Post Yourself As A DFRPG Character!  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Post Yourself As A DFRPG Character!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:11:09 AM »
Aside from skill names (Technology=Scholarship, Outdoorsman=Survival, Iron Jaw=Endurance, and Firearms=Guns) those actually look about right.  :)

Though you likely have other useful skills as well that you've neglected to list.

Offline Krager

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 03:13:53 AM »
Though you likely have other useful skills as well that you've neglected to list.

hehe, maybe a few, didn't want to list a whole bunch since I knew I was way off from the FATE skill names

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »
I can't be accurately represented with stats.  I'm more of a plot device or major event.  Roll badly, and I'll show up in the next scene.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

FutureGameDesigner

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 05:22:55 AM »
I chose not to "build" my own stunts because I'm not making a real character, and the examples served well enough for now.  Without further ado, here I am...

Character: FutureGameDesigner
Player: Me
Power Level: Feet in the Water

High Concept: Have Mortality, Will Smash; For Geekdom. (I'm not the standard geek.  I don't obsess over anything, not subject to any variety of fan-boy-ism, and I have a greater degree of speed and grace than my near-linebacker build would indicate, and I'm not afraid to use all of it when I throwdown.  But boy do I love to be a geek.)
Trouble: Hopelessly Altruistic Cynic. (I'm the worst type of cynic.  George Carlin is my prophet.  I tend think humanity in general is garbage and I often cheer for the inevitable E.L.E. asteroid to hit.  But ultimately, a quiet voice of mine in the back of my mind keeps whispering words of hope and faith, and I always end up doing what I can to try and make things better for everyone...even if I know it's logically stupid.)
Other Aspects:
Smart Like Cassandra. (Growing up, and even still now, I was a fairly smart kid.  What creeped people out though was that I seemed to know methods and information I couldn't have reasonably gained.  Generally, that's how it is, if I desperately need to know something, I simply do...for no rational reason.  Maybe its a form of eidetic memory that only functions subconsciously, but that's how it is.)
Temper, Temper mon Capitan. (In younger days I had a temper that was close to out of control.  Now its triggers have been limited and refined, until now it hardly twitches.  The most prominent triggers are instances when someone can benefit from my insight and guidance but when I try to lead them to what they need they react defensively or worse.  Then I blow up.  Not fond of reaching to help someone only to get kicked in the face.)
The Needs of the Many... (Outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.  I live by the principle that the greater good is more important than individual good.  If thousands suffer while one is spared, then what was done wasn't good at all.  If 10 men die saving one suicidal nutjob, it's a complete and utter waste and nothing more.)
Luck Favors the...aw, DAMMIT! (Bold or cautious, favored or not, luck is as random as it gets with me one might think.  At least til they notice that if I do anything I "shouldn't," I'm apparently immediately chastised accordingly by the universe at large.  Something I've learned about myself from my best friend of 17 years.)
I Wish I Were a He-man Woman-hater. (My first and only fiancee did a number on my sense of trust, and women in the years since haven't done a great deal to improve my regard of them.  But still I feel a nagging compulsion to keep looking, and a desire to come to the rescue when genuinely needed.)

Skills:
Good: Alertness, Fists, Scholarship
Fair: Empathy, Might, Performance
Average: Athletics, Conviction, Discipline, Endurance, Rapport

Stunts:
Paranoid?  Probably. (Alertness) [-1]
Unshakable. (Discipline) [-1]
Read the Surface. (Empathy) [-1]
Quick Eye. (Investigation) [-1]

Stress:
Physical: O O O
Mental:   O O O
Social:    O O O

Refresh:
Base: 6, +2 (Pure Mortal)
Adjusted: 4

Edit:  I had Fists up there in my skills twice.  Fixed it with Performance since I'm a pretty good artist.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:21:21 AM by FutureGameDesigner »

FutureGameDesigner

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 04:45:17 AM »
Great...myself as a character killed the thread.  lol

FutureGameDesigner

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 09:40:49 PM »
Aw...nobody wants to play anymore.  Oh well.  lol

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 01:24:55 AM »
I was going to post mine, but your sheet made it seem so insignificant that I couldn't. :P

I've been working on me, but I keep changing the aspects and skills around and just can't get satisfied.. hey maybe there is a good aspect, "Indecisive Introspection"... wait, that means I have to change them again... right back in the same boat, grrrr. ;)
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 05:42:39 AM »
Have a better chance of getting mine up once my pre-order shows up. ::grumble::

Offline Ravangames

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
The skills part was harder than I thought... just have done a lot in my alloted time so far.

-Chest Deep-

Name: Kevin

Aspects
High Concept: Father of Three, Devoted Husband
Trouble: The easy path is just too easy

Tabletop or PC? -
Semi Jock - (I play pickup basketball and Tennis)
Protective Father/Husband
Tales of a Mis-spent youth
War Veteran - Stint in the Navy
Computer Wiz
Part-time writer

Skills (30)

Good: Guns, Endurance, Empathy, Alertness, Scholarship
Fair: Athletics, Might, Conviction, Presence, Craftmanship
Average: Driving, Stealth, Fists, Investigation, Dicipline

Stunts
Tough Stuff
No Pain, No Gain,
Tirelessness
Best Foot Forward
On My Toes
Read the Surface

-6 Refresh Cost

Stress
Mental 000
Social 000
Physical 0000

Offline Janus Node

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
As a newbie, this seems to be a good way of folks to catch a glimpse of who they're dealing with  ;D

Name: Janus Node (aka "GM Janus", aka "Sir Nerdsalot").
Base Refresh (Power Level): 7 (Up to My Waist in Gaming Supplies)
Remaining Refresh: 3

Aspects:
High Concept: Marketing Gamer  (Getting my business degree after 5+ years working in geek retail & business)
Trouble: So Many Details (I have a tendancy to analyse, calculate, theorize, and reassemble problems/issues to a degree that it can become more trouble than it's worth)
Other Aspects:
Going My Own Direction (Geeks were not the norm in my family, so anything I learned about gaming, books, movies, etc., I found on my own)
Friends as Close as Enemies (A major split in the local geek community left me with a couple of broken friendships)
Chrome & Magic (I started out gaming on the 2nd edition of Shadowrun, and that's also where I first started making rules mods)
Always There For My Girl (My girlfriend insisted this was important.  Who am I to disagree?)
Best Geek Kitty in the Midwest (Got a cat recently that has proved to love Doctor Who and be a hit with all my friends)
I've Got a Game for That (There's an impressive list of board, card, miniatures, and roleplay games that I have learned and played)

Skills (25):
Great: Lore
Good: Driving, Rapport, Performance
Fair: Craftsmanship, Contacts, Investigation, Deceit
Average: Fists, Resources, Survival, Weapons

Stunts (6):
Geek Eye for the Normal Guy (Rapport) - -2 difficulty to successfully explain geek subculture concepts and items to those not familiar with them.
The Art of the Sale (Investigation) - +2 shifts to sell any item that has been researched over an appropriate previous extended test.
Putting My Game Face On (Deceit) - +1 shift in all gaming related tests that use bluffing and mental contests.
Excellent Cook (Craftsmanship) - +2 on using Craftsmanship to make any meal for a gaming crowd.
Nightwalker (Endurance) - -2 Difficulty to stay awake for prolonged periods with proper stimulus.
Plotmaster (Performance) - Spend a Fate Point to improv a story solution on the fly.

Stress:

Mental: OO
Physical: OO
Social: OO
Armor: None

Offline adgramaine

• Conversationalist
  • Me n' Harry, we got a few things in common!
    • View Profile
    • Haphazard Projects Forum
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 05:31:08 AM »
Power-Level: Chest Deep

High Concept: Renaissance Sufi

Trouble: Too Much to Do in So Little Time

Background: I spent years in magnet schools before I ruined most every opportunity with drinking and drugs. I'm clean now, but...
Phase Aspect: Don't Tempt Me

Rising Conflict: after I cleaned up, I joined the Army serving as a sniper. I was actually deployed after the bombing of Khobar towers, injured in action.
Phase Aspect: I'll Make it Work, Dammit

The Story: After the medical discharge, I tried to start a family life but it all went wrong. I have a ten year-old daughter I never see now because of it all.
Phase Aspect: If Alex Could See Me Now...

Guest Starring: Andrew and Kim Pitts gifted my games with artwork, so now I'm a published game designer. I couldn't have done it without them. We've done two books so far.
Phase Aspect: Seriously in the Trenches

Guest Starring Redux: Now, I'm trying to get my third game done, but I can't do all of it on my own. My family is very supportive, and my friends-playtesters are eager if nothing else. It's like pulling teeth out through someone's @$$, though...
Phase Aspect: Uphill, Ten Miles in Snow

Skills
Great: Performance (12-string guitar, bass, singing, writing) and Conviction
Good: Discipline, Guns, Scholarship
Fair: Alertness, Survival, Endurance, Empathy
Average: Weapons, Stealth, Investigation, Contacts, and Resources

Stunts:
On My Toes, Person of Conviction, No Pain No Gain, Martial Artist, Step into the Blow, Poet, Resilient Self-Image
Eclectic Knowledge (roll Scholarship +2 to determine range of 'random knowledge' like trivia)

Stress:
Physical: O O O
Mental:   O O O O (+2 mild)
Social:    O O O O

Refresh:
Base: 8, +2 (Pure Mortal)
Adjusted: 2
Faith is seeing the light when all about is dark.

It's a Living!

Offline wolff96

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 01:52:52 PM »
Name: Wolff96
Base Refresh (Power Level): 8 (Chest Deep)
Remaining Refresh: 2

Aspects:
High Concept: Full-Time Electrical Engineer, Part Time GM
Trouble: The Devil is in the Details

Other Aspects:
Vast Storehouse of Useless Trivia
Amazing with a Gun in my hand... in Video Games
Nose always buried in a book
Married to the Love of my Life
P90X is kicking my butt again

Skills ( 30 ):
Great: Scholarship, Discipline
Good: Craftsmanship, Athletics, Might
Fair: Presence, Resources, Investigation, Endurance
Average: Conviction, Rapport, Deceit, Empathy, Alertness

Stunts ( 8 ):
It's not Dead Yet (Craftsmanship) - +2 shifts when using the Fixing Trapping of Craftsmanship on Electronic Devices.
One more Set (Discipline) - Discipline is used to modify any extended skill check when Endurance would normally be used.
Pilot (Driving) - +1 to Driving in an aircraft, +2 if that is a personal aircraft (propeller).
Wait, you Heard That? (Investigation) - +2 shifts when using the Eavesdropping trapping of Investigation.
That end of the soldering iron gets hot (Rapport) - +2 to Explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
Good Poker Face (Rapport) - +2 to the Closing Down trapping of Rapport.
Knows Which Way the Wind is Blowing (Scholarship) - Use Scholarship instead of Contacts for "Getting the Tip-Off" related to professional situations.
Professional Engineer (Scholarship) - +1 on Scholarship for any Engineering Research, additional +1 in Electrical Engineering.

Stress:

Mental: OOO
Physical: OOO
Social: OOO
Armor: None
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:54:42 PM by wolff96 »

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 01:03:32 AM »
I'd be too dull to even attempt it