Author Topic: Good 'Neutral Ground' for Los Angeles?  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Jaxom Faux

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Good 'Neutral Ground' for Los Angeles?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »
has the idea of ANYONE can shop here :D

it's also basically a global empire unto itself. i figure if marcone can be a freeholding lord the wal-mart execs had a fair chance as well, and they only care about the bottom line of business, not who you are :D

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »
McAurther Park.

I'm totally serious. Big open place in the middle of the city, lots of police and homeless presence. Why? The homeless figured out less of them get "disappeared" if they stay in the park overnight. (no hunting for red court and ghouls) And the cops add a "don't show off in front of the mortals" factor.
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »
Similar to a previous poster's comment about all Wal-Marts being NG, was listening to a DFRPG podcast last night and one of the developers (Lenny) mentions that in his own Las Vegas game, the entire Strip is neutral ground. The entire thing. That kind of opened it up for me - that it could be an area vs a specific locale.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:18:46 PM by Arcteryx »

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
I love it... any reason why?
I've made all UU churches ANG in my games.  Come one, come all...
But aren't most <1 refresh supernatural things hedged out of places of worships?
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 03:24:47 AM »
McAurther Park.

I'm totally serious. Big open place in the middle of the city, lots of police and homeless presence. Why? The homeless figured out less of them get "disappeared" if they stay in the park overnight. (no hunting for red court and ghouls) And the cops add a "don't show off in front of the mortals" factor.

That's pretty much the same reason that Centennial Olympic Park is ANG in Atlanta.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire

Offline Mattastic

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »
Pink's.
"'Cuz them chilidogs are that dam good."

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are these large piers in Santamonica or somewhere aren't there? I think that would be really cool as it is surrounded by flowing water. Nobody says that neutral grounds have to be a establishment of some sorts. It totally can be a landmark or something totally unattached to anybody but the city...
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »
How about the Convention Center?  I know it's a big place, but LA is such a large city and international hub that you might want to have numerous meetings going on at the same time involving entities that don't generally want to associate with each other.  The place is large enough that I'd bet some of the major powers would have permanent spies stationed there just to see who was meeting whom.

Plus, imagine the fun of having a clandestine meeting in the middle of something like Comic-con!
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html