Author Topic: Sword Saint  (Read 4473 times)

Offline A.J.O.D.

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Saint
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
ok were playing at 8 refresh. and what im realying leaning towards is trying to do Roronoa Zoro Santōryū style. in which eh use three swords at once. he does that by holding one of them in his mouth. i know how crazy this sounds but it like to try and do that.

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
First stunt is for "dual wielding" then a second stunt for the mouth weapon...

Basically when wielding three weapons you get a +2 effect on attacks that inflict physical stress (basically you up your Weapon:X rating by 2).

But you would of course need an aspect relating to your unorthodox fighting style (Biting the Third Blade?).  Maybe an aspect also related to your initial master.  Those could be your Phase 1 and 2 (or Phase 2 and High Concept).

I hesitate to say it is very much a gimmick, but I think everything about One Piece is supposed to be a gimmick.

So just be audacious with your aspects and stunt names (I mean, I know everything should be audacious).

"Three Blades, One Swordmaster" (hopefully this suggestion won't create millions of reaction videos of people vomiting).  I have no idea for what it could do (maybe it is your version of "Wall of Death")
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
you might want to make sure that your play group is okay with the over-the-top anime style you are aiming for.  Yes, this is a game with magic and wizards and ogres, but it also has a bit of verisimilitude with real life, so some groups won't be okay with letting a guy wield a sword in his mouth.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline A.J.O.D.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
well is there a way for me to get a third arm

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »
Modular Abilities "Function Follows Form."   :P

Just kidding.  If this "Power" is just giving you an effective +1 on damage when triple blading, I would say it should not cost more than [-1].  But it would not be worth taking it if it meant giving up Pure Mortal (unless you plan to take more powers).
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline A.J.O.D.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
well im thinking of taking inhuman strenght and speed later on