Linked Events

• Signing in Scottsdale, AZ: April 15, 2007

Author Topic: Scottsdale, AZ signing and discussion  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Shannon

• Participant
    • View Profile
Scottsdale, AZ signing and discussion
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:30:44 PM »
Jim will be signing books and participating in a discussion at the following location:
Poisoned Pen
4014 N. Goldwater Blvd.
Ste 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM

Offline sftv

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Scottsdale, AZ signing and discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:00:12 PM »
A couple of notes for the people looking to show up in Scottsdale on Sunday.

The Poisoned Pen will be handing out tickets, mainly to organize the line.  Obviously, those purchasing books will get better places in line than others.

They are also set up for mail order, so if you can't make it you can order a signed copy.  If you place the order before the signing you can likely get it personalized.

They do have a good number of the Cursor's Fury book on hand if you need a signed copy of it.  They are not first printings, but are 3rd printings.

Any other questions, post them here.

Lee Whiteside
SFTV.org

Offline weever

• Participant
  • Innocent Bystander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 12:35:24 AM »
Jim was such a wonderful speaker.  I've seen him in the past talking on a panel of other authors (although personally wouldn't have put anyone there in the same league as Jim).  I glad I didn't pass on the opportunity to see him again.  I was so entertained, he could have spoke all night and I would have enjoyed every minute.  He is definitely an inspiration.  My thanks to him.

Offline Cybertec_2001

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 04:10:29 AM »
I guess I was one of the many and special people who had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Butcher. I attended both the AZ Book Festival and the Poisoned Pen signing, and I have to tell you all, if you can get to a signing, DO IT! DON"T BLOW THE CHANCE!

;D

BTW - If #13 in line, an attractive and funny "Imperial Biker Scout" wearing a blue ball cap with the red number "3" on it, happens to log on and read this. Send me an email. I took a photo of you and Jim, to thank you for taking a very good shot of Jim and I. You rocked!

Offline sftv

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:08:57 PM »
There were good turnouts for Jim at both the Book Festival and at the Poisoned Pen.  Both Borders (who did the book sales at the bookfest out of their Chandler location) and Poisoned Pen were happy with their sales.  Both stores still have some signed copies of White Night and maybe a few of the other books.

I was somewhat surprised to see how few of the fans turning up to see Jim even knew about his official web site.  One friend who came to the Poisoned pen came because they saw Jim's signing schedule posted on the SciFi Channel message board and hadn't seen any of the other stuff we'd done to get the word out locally about the appearances.

Lee Whiteside
SFTV.org