Author Topic: Dresden Files RPG Events In Atlanta - Come Join Us!  (Read 1665 times)

Offline ParanetAdventures

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Dresden Files RPG Events In Atlanta - Come Join Us!
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

We're starting up a Dresden Files RPG campaign in Atlanta and we're looking for more players interested in checking out the DFRPG at upcoming game days, the first of which is in a few weeks on August 21st (http://warhorn.net/a-day-on-athas/). Our Dresden Files RPG adventures will be the first steps into an open home campaign called "the Paranet Adventures." We've played a lot of living campaigns, and we're shooting for something like that, but much, much smaller. The Paranet Adventures will have interesting stories that are strongly influenced by character decisions, and have player characters that are a lot more than just numbers on a page. It'll be accessible to fans of the books, and welcoming to those that just want to try out a new game system. Our campaign is set in San Francisco during the year 2009 and is expected to run for a "season" of six to eight adventures (at least to start with).

You can find all this information and more at our Google groups site for the campaign: http://groups.google.com/group/paranet-adventures

August 21st Gameday Info

At the game day on August 21st (http://warhorn.net/a-day-on-athas/), we will be premiering two modules:

"Chinatown" - January 2009
When the incinerated remains of a Red Court lieutenant are found in San Francisco's Chinatown, the Paranet is thrust into the position of arbitrator and investigator in a spiritual no man's land. But will the PCs find answers or light the powderkeg for a bloody war in the City by the Bay?

and

"Gray" - February 2009
When two horrific murders with elements of the supernatural send San Francisco into a climate of paralyzed fear, the Unsolved Crimes Unit asks the Paranet to find out who's responsible and stop the attacks using any means necessary. But will the PCs solve the case before another slaughter and to what lengths are they willing to go to stop the attacks?

Pregenerated characters will be available, though you are more than welcome to make up your own character using the house rules for the campaign. These house rules are in the Googlegroup in a file called "Campaign Document." Reading the Campaign Document will certainly help you understand what's going on in these games, but isn't required to play them. To get the Campaign Document, join the Googlegroup, click "files" on the right, and go to the campaign document pdf. http://groups.google.com/group/paranet-adventures

August 14th City and Character Building

We're having a small event that everyone is invited to on August 14th (the weekend before the game day itself) to talk about ideas for the campaign and give some character help for those interested. One of the really neat things about the DFRPG is that the players are a vital part of building the environment, setting, aspects, themes, and threats in the campaign. We can't wait to hear your ideas and incorporate them into the story! This is a good time to kick around character concepts, work through some of the rules, and talk about the details of the campaign. We strongly suggest you take a look at the Campaign Document if you're coming to this event. The time and location will be finalized and announced on the Google group, but are likely to be the Panera at the corner of Peachtree Parkway and Holcomb Bridge at about 1:00 pm.

Googlegroup and Email

If you're interested, shoot us an email at paranetadventures at gmail dot com, and be sure to check out http://groups.google.com/group/paranet-adventures for more information and updates as we get closer to the gameday!

Ben Heisler and Paige Leitman
paranetadventures at gmail dot com

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
Re: Dresden Files RPG Events In Atlanta - Come Join Us!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:29:37 PM »
That sounds great!  My Amber Diceless campaign is already slotted for the 21st though.  Would you mind if I checked out the session on the 14th.  Would love to say hi and chat it up with other local DFRPG fans.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:56:41 PM »
We'd love to see you there!

The Game Day on the 21st is all day - we're running Dresden stuff in every slot, so maybe you could swing by for a game.

We're also planning on another Game Day on September 11th with more Dresden Files RPG Paranet Adventures.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
I'm the GM so the Amber commit is an all day affair (we only get together once a month).  I'll see about dropping by the pre-session though and maybe next month will work out.  As an alternative, do you see any need for someone to play NPC's for you?  I have a lot of GM and FATE experience.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »
Ah, I totally understand.

We're not really looking for additional GMs yet, but as the campaign goes on and we get a bigger player base, we will probably appreciate the help. Right now having an experienced player at tables to help new folks get into the swing of things (in the past our game days have been predominantly D&D 4e, so Dresden/FATE is going to be a big step) would be the biggest asset since we've found it a big jump.

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 03:21:34 AM »
Schedule permitting, count me in.  If nothing else, it'd be worth it to hang out with fellow DFRPG gamers. :)

Likely character concept is a Changeling, either Winter or Wylde, of a wind/air nature spirit.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire