Linked Events

• Seattle-Tacoma, WA signing: April 03, 2007

Author Topic: Jim goes to Washington  (Read 36560 times)

Offline Therobfather

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Jim goes to Washington
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
*Sqeeee!* ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy dance!!  I'm even off that week for Norwescon--too bad Jim can't hang around for that, but I suppose the California fans want to see him, too...

I wish he would come to Norwescon as well. When you are at the convention, seek out the Chair and suggest we invite Jim to a future convention.

1.  I have to find out who the chair is.
2.  We must gang up and follow said chair around until he/she invites Jim (and Shannon!) just to get rid of us.
3.  Celebrate.   :D

Her name is Tracy.

Offline Dread Pirate Sayessa

• Posty McPostington
  • Did the cow creamer tell you that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 08:09:43 AM »
Muah ha ha ha!  (<--evil laugh, dontcha know!)   ;D
I ATE'NT DEAD

I still think 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit is "wintertime"
Thanks, SoCal.

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »
Mack, that's a great sig. (Not just the pic, which I like, but also the cropping, etc)
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline Ard Rhys

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
I'll be the bald man with the Mac Powerbook recording Jim's event in Seattle. :)  I'm happy so many of you will be there!

Offline Mack

• Participant
  • Blue Court Vampire: We feed on sarcasm and puns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »
Mack, that's a great sig. (Not just the pic, which I like, but also the cropping, etc)

Yeah... soon I'm going to start making a WHOLE MESS of Dresden related fanart. I just got to find the time to go through my Dresden Files episodes and make screen caps.
Storm Front gave me sooooooooo many ideas for art.

Offline aronoiiel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »
heh I live in tacoma. . .now if I can just convince my dad to take me *evil smirk*

does anyone know if it's going to cost anything?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »
It shouldn't cost anything.  I've never heard of paying for author signings at bookstores.  Conventions, yes but not stores.  However, I've heard the parking there kind of sucks.
If you look up University Bookstore Seattle you'll find the website with contact info for the author signing reps if you have any questions about it.
Hope to see you there!  (I'm carpooling otherwise I'd offer you a ride... I'm in Gig Harbor!)
I ATE'NT DEAD

Thanks, SoCal.

Offline aronoiiel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »
ah lol thanks for the info I'll give a call and see whats up. I don't think I'd have to hard a problem convincing my dad LOL he's just as a hardcored scifi/fantasy fan as I am . . .he DID create me in more sense the one in that aspect  ;D

Offline Ard Rhys

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 05:38:38 PM »
Here's the low down on University Bookstore:

There will be enough parking.  It's not that bad come 6:30 at night on a week day.  They give you a ticket that you bring into the store with you.  If you can, do not buy your book early and bring it with you; buy the book at the bookstore.  If you do that, your time at the event will be covered and you won't pay a dime for parking as they will stamp your parking ticket.  Plus, it's just a courtesy to buy your book at the store that is hosting the event, in my opinion.

I think this will be one of Duane's larger events, so get there early if you can.  Duane is the head of science fiction/fantasy at the U Bookstore, and he always puts on a good show.  To get an autograph, it costs nothing.  But like I said, please buy your book at their store -- if a bookstore doesn't show good sales of an event book, the publisher may cut back an author's tour next time.  We don't want that to happen with Jim. :)

If you have any other questions about the U Bookstore event, just ask.  I live two miles from it and go there for most events.

Shawn

Offline Mack

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »
Here is a countdown for those of us.
COUNTDOWN

Offline Ard Rhys

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 06:47:07 PM »
Since it appears my post caused some confusion -- which I don't know why, it doesn't use the plural book(s) anywhere haha -- you can bring all of your books in suitcases for Jim to sign and that's perfectly fine.  Just be sure to support the bookstore by either buying the new book there or buy some other book you've been wanting.  The bookstore puts a lot of time and energy into making these events possible and we should support them with a purchase or two for that time and energy.

That's all. :)

Shawn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 09:22:48 PM »
Here's the low down on University Bookstore:

There will be enough parking.  It's not that bad come 6:30 at night on a week day.  They give you a ticket that you bring into the store with you.  If you can, do not buy your book early and bring it with you; buy the book at the bookstore.  If you do that, your time at the event will be covered and you won't pay a dime for parking as they will stamp your parking ticket.  Plus, it's just a courtesy to buy your book at the store that is hosting the event, in my opinion.

I think this will be one of Duane's larger events, so get there early if you can.  Duane is the head of science fiction/fantasy at the U Bookstore, and he always puts on a good show.  To get an autograph, it costs nothing.  But like I said, please buy your book at their store -- if a bookstore doesn't show good sales of an event book, the publisher may cut back an author's tour next time.  We don't want that to happen with Jim. :)

If you have any other questions about the U Bookstore event, just ask.  I live two miles from it and go there for most events.

Shawn

Glad to know there's good parking!  I was going off the websites warning about limited parking.

I plan on buying the book there, because after all, it technically doesn't even come out til the 3rd anyway.  At least according to B&N.com

*squee we get Jim on the release day!*
I ATE'NT DEAD

Thanks, SoCal.

Offline Mack

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 02:36:05 AM »
I got my Dresden shirt done!

This is the front. IMAGE LINK
And this is the back. IMAGE LINK

Less than 24 hours now.... *SQUEEEEEEEE*

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 05:22:54 AM »
Cool!  I like the way you did the show logo!

*squees too!*
I ATE'NT DEAD

Thanks, SoCal.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 12:24:56 PM »
Coolness, Mack!  I hope you'll share images of the finished product?