Author Topic: Fan License  (Read 34545 times)

Offline Rubycon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Fan License
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
Hi,
as a newbie to the HDFRP I've just read through this post. Are there any news? a finished pdf maybe...? :P

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Realities PBW restart
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »
I got distracted by work that had a cheque at the end of it sorry...

It's a 'still in progress let's call it Beta Testing stage'

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Especially where the 'non cannon' stuff in concerned.
Is that the sort of 'extras' people would like to include in thier games or are people mostly
"if it's not in the books it's not going in?"
I would HATE to be a character in one of the stories I write -
and then there are the days when it looks too much like I AM!

Offline winemaker81

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 04:57:45 PM »
I've got a question, not sure this is the right place to ask, but I can't find a better one.

I am an editor for & Magazine, a new Advanced Dungeons and Dragons free quarterly magazine.  We have an article we'd like to publish in our next issue, a fan written description of the Red, White, and Black Courts in AD&D format.  From what I've read we can publish the article under the CCL.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
I've got a question, not sure this is the right place to ask, but I can't find a better one.

I am an editor for & Magazine, a new Advanced Dungeons and Dragons free quarterly magazine.  We have an article we'd like to publish in our next issue, a fan written description of the Red, White, and Black Courts in AD&D format.  From what I've read we can publish the article under the CCL.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

This license is only valid for non-commercial use.  As long as you're not charging for your magazine or making money from advertising, you're good!  Please clearly indicate that these are creatures from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.  A link to his website would not go amiss, too!

Best of luck with your magazine!

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 01:59:39 AM »
Check out the Creative Commons License Site:  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline winemaker81

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 02:28:26 AM »
This license is only valid for non-commercial use.  As long as you're not charging for your magazine or making money from advertising, you're good!  Please clearly indicate that these are creatures from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.  A link to his website would not go amiss, too!

Best of luck with your magazine!
Yeah, we're total non-profit and already have a disclaimer indicating the IP is Jim Butcher's.  Thanks!

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 07:27:43 AM »
Just a note.

I think that http://www.and-mag.com/home.html is the website for the magazine.

Richard

Offline winemaker81

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
I think that http://www.and-mag.com/home.html is the website for the magazine.
Yes, this is us.  The Red/White/Black Court article I posted about is in Issue 2.  If anyone is interested in AD&D, or "old school" D&D in general, we published Issue 3 yesterday.