Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 169583 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #750 on: June 03, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
A Supernatural City Sense: aka the ability to talk to a your city.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 03, 2012, 08:15:37 PM »
Thanks.

I'll get to work on the list update now.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 05, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
Energy-Purge[-5]
Charging. The maximum Charge is 300%, this can be spent on other things, but the way to recharge is by absorbing large amounts of energy be it magical, electrical, solar.
The first way is by taking stress from an energy-based attack, you get 10% for each 1 stress taken. The second way is through taking a basic action to charge from an large energy source (no batteries), the most common electricity, each source has a Charge rating
and if you charge from it you gain 10% per point of Charge rating (Charge:4 gives 40%). You also have Armor:2 against all energy-based attacks.
Energy Overload. You can spend up to 60% Charge to make an energy-based attack. Roll Weapons to attack, and the Weapon rating is 1/10% ( 10% makes Weapon:1). This can also be a zonewide attack as long as you pay more then 30% Charge (Weapon:3 Zonewide) , It can also be range but only as long as you pay 40% ( Weapon:4 Range, maybe Zonewide).
Cellular Augmentation. By infusing the excess energy into your cells you can increase their growth rate, efficiency, and strength by enormus amounts. You can pay to increase any physical abilities (Strength, Speed, Toughness, Recovery) by one step for each payment, you can increase them from, Nothing to Inhuman-40%, Inhuman to Supernatural 70%, Supernatural to Mythic 120%. These abilities purchased only last for the duration of the scene unless canceled.
Dead Battery. You need at least 40% Charge to use this ability, if you have under 40% or 0% then you cannot use any of the abilities except Charging, if this is put on an Item of Power, the IOP won't function.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:16:54 PM by KnightOrbis »

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 05, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
Spectral Light Wings [-2]
You can generate wings of pure light, they work in the same fashion as normal wings but can be created at will.
Also add +2 to your presence rolls against opponents  that can be impressed by wings of transcendent white light. (non-supernaturally aware, religious).

Purpose [+1] Requires at least 2 refresh worth of affected Powers
You can only use these powers when you are fulling your specified purpose (such as slaying demons etc) these powers are not available at any other time.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:47:45 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 05, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
Energy-Purge is interesting, and I like the idea of gaining and spending energy in combat.

But the charging mechanics seem wonky. What stops me from sitting down at an ordinary electrical socket and acquiring 300% charge, which I could then use to acquire two Supernatural abilities and two Inhuman ones?

Plus the stress-based charging is a bit weird thanks to the abstract nature of stress.

Also, I can't see myself choosing the weapon option over the Power option. It just seems so much less good.

Two things that need clarification: If my battery goes dead, what happens to Powers that I've purchased with Charge? And if I want to buy Powers, does that take an action?

Spectral Light Wings looks like a stunt and the Wings Power put together. Why make it its own thing?

Purpose strikes me as bad. This is what Compels are for.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 05, 2012, 10:53:07 PM »
Well I planned on having it so once you can only use one given source of electricity once. And once Charge hits 0% you lose anything to do with the power (abilities too) besides Charging. And it does take an action but you can spend any amount of Charge during that action. The energy through stress is a thing meant to be a thing of desperation and if you don't have time to take an action charging from a street lamp or something.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 06, 2012, 05:18:05 AM »
Makes sense.

Unfortunately, this Power is too complex for me to judge properly. Maybe if it was a simple base power with upgrades it'd be easier.

But really I can't say anything beyond what I've already said. The limits of my ability have been reached.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 07, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
Teleportation [-3]
You can teleport from one space to another bypassing any attempt to interdict your movement.
Unfettered Movement: This allows you to ignore all penalties and blocks against movement, you can move unfettered in any direction through any barrier only limited by your movement speed (athletics roll). Any one holding on to you when you teleport (say someone grappling you) will be transported with you if they can hold on (beat a might roll vs the athletics moving roll).

[-1] Long Range Teleportation:  You can teleport great distances.  Outside of combat you can declare you are anywhere regardless of transportation limitations.

[+1] Sight Affirmed Teleportation : Visual barriers count as a barrier against movement with teleportation.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:07:49 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 07, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »
The base Power looks pretty good. You could probably add a bonus to movement rolls without breaking anything, since it's not overwhelmingly strong for 3 Refresh.

You should clarify the interaction with grappling, though.

Long Range Teleportation doesn't need the bit about fleeing combat. Just say that it takes X time to use. Also, I think it might be a bit too good for 1 Refresh.

Sight Affirmed Teleportation looks good to me.

An upgrade that lets you take passengers would be cool.

PS: Do Wards stop teleportation?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 07, 2012, 08:01:57 PM »
The base Power looks pretty good. You could probably add a bonus to movement rolls without breaking anything, since it's not overwhelmingly strong for 3 Refresh.

You should clarify the interaction with grappling, though.

Long Range Teleportation doesn't need the bit about fleeing combat. Just say that it takes X time to use. Also, I think it might be a bit too good for 1 Refresh.

Sight Affirmed Teleportation looks good to me.

An upgrade that lets you take passengers would be cool.

PS: Do Wards stop teleportation?

I will add an upgrade to take passengers, removed the bit about combat, wards don't stop telelportation it is argueable that they should do but it was not how I costed out the power in my head (immunity to movement barriers).
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 10, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
Updated the master list.

Here's a link.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:32 AM »
True Glamours[-8]
Veils. With a moment of concentration, you may draw a veil over something (not particularly large—maybe the size of a small, tight group of people), hiding it from sight and other means of detection, as with the Minor Veils effect of Glamours. Use your Discipline or Deceit at +4 to oppose any efforts to discover the veil. You may set aside this +4 bonus to draw a veil over a whole zone.

Seemings. You are able to cause someone or something to appear to be other than what it is. You may use your Discipline or Deceit skill to oppose any efforts to discover that the seeming is something other than real.

Greater True Seemings. You may create up to five objects—and with some difficulty, even ephemeral creatures— out of ectoplasm. You can create creatures with up to -15 Refresh and 35 Skill Points. And even some machines. You may use your Discipline or Deceit skill to oppose any efforts to discover that the seeming is something other than real.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 12, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
True Glamours[-8]
Veils. With a moment of concentration, you may draw a veil over something (not particularly large—maybe the size of a small, tight group of people), hiding it from sight and other means of detection, as with the Minor Veils effect of Glamours. Use your Discipline or Deceit at +4 to oppose any efforts to discover the veil. You may set aside this +4 bonus to draw a veil over a whole zone.

Seemings. You are able to cause someone or something to appear to be other than what it is. You may use your Discipline or Deceit skill to oppose any efforts to discover that the seeming is something other than real.

Greater True Seemings. You may create up to five objects—and with some difficulty, even ephemeral creatures— out of ectoplasm. You can create creatures with up to -15 Refresh and 35 Skill Points. And even some machines. You may use your Discipline or Deceit skill to oppose any efforts to discover that the seeming is something other than real.

Biggest issue I see here is the -15 refresh critters.  it allows a character with -9 refresh (so they have 1 positive) to make minions much stronger than they are.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »
I'm thinking of making the requirements a more strict. And making cost -10

EDIT: I could also lower the refresh to (-12)-(-13) as I have done some calculations. I also realize five creatures if quite excessive, so I was thinking five objects and two or three creatures probably three.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:54:45 PM by KnightOrbis »

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
A hopefully non-broken Lily Power.

Access to the Akashic records [-3]
Also known as the Library of Fate, The Source of all Knowledge and the Root of Magic. The Akashic records holds all the knowledge since the begging of the cosmos.   

All Knowledge Gathered: Some one with access to the Akashic record can learn anything with a sufficiently successful scholarship roll (for balance purposes the GM gets to decide what sufficiently successful is).

Embracing Eternity: Someone with access to the Akashic records can boost their scholarship roll by taking mental stress (up to limit of the mental stress track) this involves them streaming massive quantities of information through their mind whilst searching for something specific, this method of browsing comes with the significant danger of losing your mind in the streams of data.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:46:09 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.