Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 171083 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #720 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:53 PM »
Eh, that's just compels. I see no reason to make Nightcrawler impossible in DFRPG.

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 02, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
Is it a supplemental action? Just once a turn or could you jump close to opponent, attack, jump away?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 02, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Is it a supplemental action? Just once a turn or could you jump close to opponent, attack, jump away?

At the moment its just a movement upgrades so you get to move one round as a supplemental action with it, and if you have any speed powers you could possibly jump in and jump out if you allow people to split there free actions movements from those powers. I would say yes that you can split those zones of movement before and after an attack but that is just my opinion.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 03, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
Transcendent Swordsmanship [-4]
Description: Legends speaks of hero's of old who fought dragons with nothing but sword and mail, these hero's fought creatures with the powers of centuries might untold and some of them actually won. Of those mighty warriors it was oft that they had transcended that of a mere-warrior and became a hero. Transcendent Swordsmanship channels the power of the heroes of old and uses it to do the impossible with swords.

Sponsor: Heroic Spirits
Agenda: The Destruction of Evil and Proving your worth.
Evocation: Transcendent Swordsmanship evocation allows the control of iron and steel and some air attacks.
Thaumaturgy: Transcendent Swordsmanship can be used to Summon the legend of Heroic Spirit's
Evothaum:
Extra Benefits: Might replaces Conviction for spell casting strength and weapons replaces discipline for control. (All focuses must be a type of weapon preferably a sword).
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 04, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »
Looks good to me.

I'll toss it onto the list later unless you object.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 14, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »
Speedster Powers

to fast to perceive (-2) (requires speed powers)
You may use your athletics skill instead of stealth, you can also sprint and sneak in the same action.

To fast to perceive (-2) (requires speed power)   
Enemies with a lower alertness than your athletics takes a -2 penalty to trying to block your attacks as they can't properly see your movements.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:17:35 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 14, 2012, 04:23:30 AM »
Not a huge fan.

Because I'm not really sure how the first power's second effect works, and because the second power is just a boring number booster. Plus it's too narrow for a power, if you know what I mean. It would be better as a stunt.

Offline Thugorp

• Participant
  • I want personalized avatars. :-( *hmph*
    • View Profile
    • Team-Ornithology(a flock of nerds)
« Reply #727 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
Sentai Custom Powers

[-1] Who do you think I am. - Your your awesome fighting spirit and determination make you hard to control or put down, you can use conviction as a defense against social and mental attacks.

Is this one from Guren-Logon?

I like that name.

New version:

PROBABILITY MANIPULATION [-3]
Description: God's dice are loaded in your favour. Your luck is literally supernatural.
Skills Affected: All
Effects:
Weighting The Dice. Whenever anyone in your presence rerolls dice, you may "lock down" one of those dice. Doing so ensures that the result of that die is the same on the reroll as it was on the original roll.
Palming The Cards. Whenever you are involved in an opposed roll, you may cause your opponent to reroll by invoking an aspect.
Fixing The Wheel. You may take a point of sponsor debt instead of spending a Fate Point when invoking an aspect in order to cause a reroll. Sponsor debt taken this way represents accumulated bad luck, karmic backlash, or the build-up of paradoxes in the structure of reality.
Stacking The Deck [-1]. Whenever anyone in your presence rolls dice, you may cause them to reroll by invoking an aspect.

I VERY much like this power. However, I have a simple question. Two of the power's trapings involve either invoking an aspect I don't understand this. Why would I have to invoke an aspect to make them re-role something? which aspect must I invoke? Do I need to invoke one of my aspects or can it be one of thiers, or even a seen aspect?
I am the Gnome in your garden.
The one that keeps your pet from running away.
The one that keeps growing you all those delicious nutritious Dandelions.
The one who...
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE DANDELIONS!?!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 20, 2012, 04:50:47 AM »
A re-roll is one of the standard effects of an Aspect Invocation. This power expands that effect, making it more useful. You can get a re-roll with any Aspect that is, in the estimation of the GM, applicable.

Does that answer your question?

Offline Thugorp

• Participant
  • I want personalized avatars. :-( *hmph*
    • View Profile
    • Team-Ornithology(a flock of nerds)
« Reply #729 on: May 20, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
I think so, but that means I have to spend a fate point every time I want to use this power does it not?
I am the Gnome in your garden.
The one that keeps your pet from running away.
The one that keeps growing you all those delicious nutritious Dandelions.
The one who...
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE DANDELIONS!?!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 21, 2012, 12:40:01 AM »
I think so, but that means I have to spend a fate point every time I want to use this power does it not?

No. You can also use it with free invocations. And of course there's always sponsor debt.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 26, 2012, 04:01:06 AM »
Shape-shifting Weapon [-1] Your weapon is weightless in your hands and can change its shape either remaining the same size or shrinking. (attache to a IoP)

Giant Weapons [-1] (requires shape-shifting weaponry) Your weapon can now be made much bigger (add +2 to base weapons rating) Giant Weapons are very large and noticeable (at least person sized).

Mega Weapons (requires giant weapon) [-2] Your weapons can become obscenely over sized (car sized or Bigger) they hit for an extra 4 stress and have a zone wide radius of damage.

Giga Weapons (requires mega weapons) [-2] Your weapon can become unbelievably massive (house sized or bigger) they hit for an extra 6 stress and have a two zone radius.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:08:36 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 26, 2012, 08:20:52 PM »
Not a fan.

The base Power seems to have no mechanical effect, and the upgrades encourage weapon value inflation. An ordinary two-handed weapon with all of these would be weapon 15.

Also, I'm not sure what "two-zone radius" means.

And I'm not sure why these must be attached to an IoP.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 26, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »
Not a fan.

The base Power seems to have no mechanical effect, and the upgrades encourage weapon value inflation. An ordinary two-handed weapon with all of these would be weapon 15.

Also, I'm not sure what "two-zone radius" means.

And I'm not sure why these must be attached to an IoP.

Sorry by two zone radius I meant hits everyone in two zones, as for balance it hardly seems over strong (compared to refinement or strength) and the high weapons rating involved actually make thematic sense when you think that in the example you mention above you are dealing with a mythically strong character wielding a Hammer the size of a house (+6+6+3).

The first power allows you to smuggle your weapon in anywhere by turning it into something non offensive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:55:50 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 27, 2012, 05:15:42 AM »
It's not totally broken, though it's definitely pushing limits.

The thing that bugs me is that it's a simple, massive, stacking bonus to a trait.

I think this might be a philosophical difference between you and I. I really don't like Powers that work like that. You seem to enjoy them.

Powers should not be that boring unless they're covering a basic competency, in my opinion.

PS: I suggest giving the base power some numbers.