Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 171132 times)

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #675 on: January 02, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »
Life is Tasty: -1
 Musts: one of the vampiric feeding powers
This power grants you the effects of supernatural recovery when using the "taste of death". At all other times you are considered to have your normal rate of recovery.
Life is delicious: -1
 Must: life is tasty
  With each additional life you take per scene you can clear your physical stress strack. The standard once per scene for the full taste of death recovery still applies.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 02, 2012, 10:11:09 PM »
How does the first power work if you already have some level of Recovery?

Other than that concern, they both look decent. I worry somewhat about the second power being abusable, but I'm probably just being paranoid.

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 02, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
I was also a little shaky about the upgrade which is why I thought I would open it up to comment.

I wouldn't give it any extra benefit if they already have IR. it is powerful enough as it is. 

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 29, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »
Invisible Blade Style [-1] Pre-requisite Glamours
You are a master of misdirection and trickery and can use your ability with illusions to make your strokes nearly impossible to block.
Whilst veiled you gain a +2 to bonus to weapon accuracy against any opponent that cannot beat the veil (alertness check vs veil strength).

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:39:52 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
Too stunt-like.

A stunt giving +1 to hit while veiled would be reasonable and appropriate. Making a power that does that, but better, is bad.

Of course, you've heard me make this complaint before. You know how I feel about this kind of thing. I'm probably just wasting pixels here.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 18, 2012, 04:00:45 AM »
Some of you might remember an old argument about what skills one ought to be able to use with the Natural Weaponry custom power. You might also remember that my solution to the argument was pretty lousy.

Well, I think I may have found a better solution now. Feedback would obviously be appreciated.

NATURAL WEAPONRY [-1]
Description: Your body contains or can produce some kind of weapon or attack.
Note: You have to pick one type of weapon (eg. fire breath, metal claws, three-foot tusks) when you take this power.
Skills Affected: Fists, Weapons, Guns, Discipline
Effects:
Natural Weaponry. Your body contains a weapon with a rating of 2. This weapon has a no range, is not capable of spray attacks, benefits from Strength powers, and is wielded with the Fists skill.
Potent Weaponry [-1]. Your natural weapon has a rating of 4.
Summoned Weaponry [-0]. You must take a supplemental action to create or draw your natural weapon before you can use it. In addition, you may wield your natural weapon with the Weapons skill.
Ranged Weaponry [-1]. Your natural weapon has a range of three zones and is capable of spray attacks. It may be wielded with the Fists, Weapons, Guns, or Discipline skill. It cannot be used with the defence trapping of Weapons unless you possess the Summoned Weaponry upgrade.
Area Weaponry [-1]. Your natural weapon may be used to make zonewide attacks.
Selective Weaponry [-1]. (Requires Area Weaponry) You do not harm yourself when making a zonewide attack against your own zone with your natural weapon.
Explosive Weaponry [+1]. (Requires Area Weaponry) Your natural weapon may not be used to make attacks that are not zone-wide.
Imprecise Weaponry [+1]. (Requires Selective Weaponry) You suffer a -2 penalty to the accuracy of any zonewide attack that you make with your natural weapon.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:53:44 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 18, 2012, 07:26:21 AM »
Hm.  Not sure on the three zone range - it's good balance-wise, but it does kinda rule out shorter range effects; it means there's nothing inbetween claws vs. built in rifle.  ...I'm not sure that there's a good solution to that, though, or even if it's really a problem.

...I'm assuming the "Integrated Weaponry" upgrade referenced under "Ranged Weaponry" is a reference to "Summoned Weaponry"?

And I'm not really sure about the requirement of Imprecise needing Selective.  I can kinda see it from a game mechanics stand point, but it just feels slightly loopy from a narrative standpoint.  Then again, I suppose from a narrative standpoint, you'd never see the underlying mechanics anyway.  So... carry on.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 18, 2012, 08:40:22 PM »
Hm.  Not sure on the three zone range - it's good balance-wise, but it does kinda rule out shorter range effects; it means there's nothing inbetween claws vs. built in rifle.  ...I'm not sure that there's a good solution to that, though, or even if it's really a problem.

Compels can fix that.

...I'm assuming the "Integrated Weaponry" upgrade referenced under "Ranged Weaponry" is a reference to "Summoned Weaponry"?

Ugh, editing artifact. Will fix, thanks for pointing it out.

And I'm not really sure about the requirement of Imprecise needing Selective.  I can kinda see it from a game mechanics stand point, but it just feels slightly loopy from a narrative standpoint.  Then again, I suppose from a narrative standpoint, you'd never see the underlying mechanics anyway.  So... carry on.

...I don't follow.

Offline Gatts

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 19, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
Some of you might remember an old argument about what skills one ought to be able to use with the Natural Weaponry custom power. You might also remember that my solution to the argument was pretty lousy.

Well, I think I may have found a better solution now. Feedback would obviously be appreciated.

NATURAL WEAPONRY [-1]
Description: Your body contains or can produce some kind of weapon or attack.
Note: You have to pick one type of weapon (eg. fire breath, metal claws, three-foot tusks) when you take this power.
Skills Affected: Fists, Weapons, Guns, Discipline
Effects:
Natural Weaponry. Your body contains a weapon with a rating of 2. This weapon has a no range, is not capable of spray attacks, benefits from Strength powers, and is wielded with the Fists skill.
Potent Weaponry [-1]. Your natural weapon has a rating of 4.
Summoned Weaponry [-0]. You must take a supplemental action to create or draw your natural weapon before you can use it. In addition, you may wield your natural weapon with the Weapons skill.
Ranged Weaponry [-1]. Your natural weapon has a range of three zones and is capable of spray attacks. It may be wielded with the Fists, Weapons, Guns, or Discipline skill. It cannot be used with the defence trapping of Weapons unless you possess the Summoned Weaponry upgrade.
Area Weaponry [-1]. Your natural weapon may be used to make zonewide attacks.
Selective Weaponry [-1]. (Requires Area Weaponry) You do not harm yourself when making a zonewide attack against your own zone with your natural weapon.
Explosive Weaponry [+1]. (Requires Area Weaponry) Your natural weapon may not be used to make attacks that are not zone-wide.
Imprecise Weaponry [+1] (Requires Selective Weaponry) You suffer a -2 penalty to the accuracy of any zonewide attack that you make with your natural weapon.

That looks fantastic actually, I was going to make a character for a Supers game who summoned javelins and threw them, and this looks absolutely perfect for it with the Ranged and Summoned upgrades. Looks like it covers all the bases too.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »
Cool, thanks.

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
Yeah, it looks really good.  You Mutants & Masterminds'd it.  :)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 27, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »
Thanks, admiral. Not sure what that means, but thanks.

Updated the master list again. Look here.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:40:33 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #687 on: February 27, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »
Thanks, admiral. Not sure what that means, but thanks.

Mutants and Masterminds provides a lot of options for superpowers (understandably so) and the format looks similar to this.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
Oh, okay. Thanks for explainificating.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 17, 2012, 11:42:12 PM »
Inhuman Mental Stamina [-2]
You have strengthened your mind and your stamina over many years and can cast many spells without hurting yourself.
You have access to two extra stress boxes which can only be used for casting.

Supernatural Mental Stamina [-4]
You have strengthened your mind and your body over decades and can now cast many more spells than normal wizards without endangering yourself.
You have access to four mental stress boxes which can only be used for casting.

Mythic Mental Stamina [-6]
You have strengthened your mind and body over centuries to be capable of casting many more spells than a normal wizard could ever dream about.
You have access to six mental stress boxes which can only be used for casting.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.