Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 171201 times)

Samael

Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
Pack Instincts strike me as too limited, and not really what I was aiming for with power. The idea behind it is that its for major use of team work and synergy.  Even if only two players or a player an relevent NPC share these abilitiies, they can do a whole lot, especially if one is made for support (think stealth gunner or general utility mage) and the other is a heavy hitter. The support starts laying down a whole bunch of aspects like Dodge This! Distracted by Gunfire, and Veils Are Your Worst Enemy and then the partner tags it for heavy damage.

With the second power you can easily justify things like "In Sync" to represent the level of cooperation going on, and pretty soon you are starting to rape the baddies. Part of my inspiration for this power was Ivy and Kincaid in Small Favors, though I doubt they have anything like this.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 02, 2011, 01:43:13 AM »
Well, I always got the impression that Pack Instincts was made with the same intention. But it isn't the most appealing power, I agree. So I can see why you'd want to pump it up.

PS: Incorrect use of the word "rape". Sort of a pet peeve of mine.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 04, 2011, 01:41:23 AM »
Absorption [-3]: You can feed off the energy of your enemies attacks.
Anytime an Enemy physically hits you in combat (he succeeds his attack roll) you gain a temporary aspect relating to being charged which can be freely tagged once.

Elemental Absorption: [-2]; You can feed off a certain element. (fire, air, earth, spirit, water)
Anytime someone attacks you or you come into contact with your element you can gain a temporary aspect relating to being charged up which you can freely tag once.

Mind Scape Battlefield [-3]: You can drag an opponent stupid enough to look you in the eyes to mental battlefield (after a conviction contest) whilst you are fighting in this mental battlefield both you and your target lie prone. In the mental battlefield you no access to powers that require you body, but can fight with your conviction and discipline rather than fists, weapons and guns. Attacks in the mindscape battlefield do mental stress and if  an opponent is taken out this is justification for posession if a person has the power.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:20:55 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »
Tepesh Mark 1 Battle Frame [-7]
It is a 8ft tall power armour with assorted canons and a 6ft Monofilament Blade built in.
Obvious Item of Power +2
Mythic Toughness [-6]
Catch Internal Damage (poison, radiation etc) [+3]
Mythic Strength [-6]

6ft Monofilament Blade:
Weapons 6 (4+2)  
Monofilament Edge [-2] : +2 weapons rating and ignores 2 armour

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:30:14 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Gatts

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »
Absorption [-3]: You can feed off the energy of your enemies attacks.
Anytime an Enemy physically hits you in combat (he succeeds his attack roll) you gain a temporary aspect relating to being charged which can be freely tagged once.

Elemental Absorption: [-2]; You can feed off a certain element. (fire, air, earth, spirit, water)
Anytime someone attacks you or you come into contact with your element you can gain a temporary aspect relating to being charged up which you can freely tag once.
Need some clarification on Absorbion, do you get a free tag every time you're hit? If so, it's pretty good, if not then it seems like a waste of refresh: worse than just spending a single fate point, and would be much better suited to an aspect.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »
Its a free tag everytime your hit otherwise it would be spending a 3 fate points worth of refresh to get one back.
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2011, 07:14:42 AM »
Spiritual Aegis [-1] (Should be attached to a IoP Shield) – You wield a Shield which represent a mental forma which can be used to defend yourself against mental and spiritual attacks.
You can use weapons skill to defend against unnatural mental attacks (for example; incite emotion, addictive saliva and pychomancy).  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:18:52 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »
I would be better if "Spiritual Aegis" allowed you to use the shield or armor's armor rating for mental attacks as well as physical.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2011, 11:22:24 PM »
Blink Fighter [-2] - Becuase of your inhuman speed you attacks are much harder to avoid.
Add your athletics bonus from Speed Powers to your phsyical attack accuracy. (Dosen't stack with any other forms of accuracy boost.)
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Magus Black

• Conversationalist
  • The Truth in more ways than One!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2011, 03:39:28 AM »
[-3] There Is No Salvation

There are many powers in the world that make it their business to level the playing field and give inferior creatures a "fair" chance by rewarding their inferiority.
Sometimes though, rejoice, despair, Fate does not care. This is where you come in; removing all external crutches you put all creatures in their rightful place in the world.

Effect: Pay a Fate point. For the duration of the scene, only your actual catch can negate your toughness and recovery powers.

Perhaps it might be better as:

The Catch and Only the Catch (-3)
Life for Mortals is not fair, get over it!
Must: 1 Toughness Power
World Don’t Work That Way!: Your Toughness Powers can only be overcome by the Catch and only the Catch.  This Power counts as a Toughness Power for determining total cost.

(Designer  Note: If the Catch for the Toughness Powers are too unreasonable a Game Master can disallow a Player from choosing this Power; so as to prevent some super-munchkin from taking an absurd Catch and making it the only way to harm them.)

Void of Faith (-4)
Believing against Belief  is a funny and frightening thing.
Must: Must have a High Concept that rejects the faith entirely, and can never have or take any True Faith or Spellcraft Powers.
“I Care Not for Your Superstitious Beliefs!”: You ignore the effects of Bless This House has on Thresholds.
“I Reject Your Faith!”:   You gain Physical Immunity to all Holy/Unholy damage that ignores the general rule of “Faith Trumps All”.
As if I needed more incentive to go to Hell.
"Only Sheep need a shepherd!" -- unknown
"Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy."

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »
Legion Style Power  

Composite Personality [-2]
You are not alone in your mind, you have access to dozens of other minds, memories and skills.

Skill Shuffle.You may shuffle around your skills for a different configuration while changed (using the same number of skill points and following the same rules as during character creation, page 65), so long as any purely physical skill are not given a higher value by the change. (Might, Endurance, Athletics)  

See-Saw Mentality (Requires Composite Personality) [-2] When one personality is pushed down another is pushed up.
You are immune to unnatural mental stress but any mental damage greater than your mental stress track forces you to change personality.  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:13:49 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 05, 2011, 03:24:06 AM »
The anti-faith powers look OK, I guess, but I somehow find them aesthetically displeasing.

Composite Personality is just reverse-Beast Change, right? How does it interact with Beast Change and True Shapeshifting?

I have no idea what See-Saw Mentality is supposed to do. Explain, please.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »
The anti-faith powers look OK, I guess, but I somehow find them aesthetically displeasing.

Composite Personality is just reverse-Beast Change, right? How does it interact with Beast Change and True Shapeshifting?

I have no idea what See-Saw Mentality is supposed to do. Explain, please.

Composite Personality isn't really meant to interact with the shape changing powers it is supposed to represent the reverse of shape changing one body multiple minds rather than one mind multiple bodies, so I am going to say to avoid confusion the powers are mutually exclusive.

See-Saw Personality is basically meant to represent the fact that when people are mentally attacking someone with this power they are not attacking one mind but many so even if they affect one mind another mind will rise up to take its place. (a forced skill change which counts as a supplemental action).
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 06, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
I still don't understand the way that See-Saw Personality would work mechanically. Could you provide an example?

I wonder if a -3 power letting you pick a second skill list with no restrictions would be balanced. Or maybe a -6 power letting you reshuffle your skills endlessly...nah.

Would Composite Personality change your aspects when in use?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
As i can't seem to get see-saw personality to work in away in keep with the fate ethos consider the power ditched (mental immunity + a compel do the power better than any mechanics I could come up with. 

Composite Personality could change your aspects in use (GM caveat as all ways) though I would think most characters with Composite Personality would have aspects relating to the group rather than the individual.
Every night has its day.
I think.