Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 171682 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #420 on: May 21, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »
Interesting idea, and interesting comic too.

I think that it would make sense if the eyes had the Diminutive Size power.

Not sure about the emphasis on Discipline.

Convert Eye is just plain weird.

It seems too easy to cast spells through the eye.

What happens when the eye takes a hit?

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2011, 01:17:10 AM »
I don't want to make the person take that power so the eyes can have it, but they essentially do. For the Discipline, I just figure that the person would concentrate to make them move or spy on people. Convert Eye is based on one of the Lexicon spells from the comic, Ocular Sword. I don't really know why I added it... I'll boost the difficulty for casting spells. What difficulty seems right to you? (+2 or +3 seems about right now that I think about it). I also forgot to mention... if they eye gets hit, the character takes Mental stress. I'll repost it after a reply with the changes.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
[-3] There Is No Salvation

There are many powers in the world that make it their business to level the playing field and give inferior creatures a "fair" chance by rewarding their inferiority.
Sometimes though, rejoice, despair, Fate does not care. This is where you come in; removing all external crutches you put all creatures in their rightful place in the world.

Effect: Pay a Fate point. For the duration of the scene, only your actual catch can negate your toughness and recovery powers.

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
Ok then... I guess I'll just finish it up now.

Floating Eyes -3
Faraway Eyes: Your eyes can move around a mile away from your position. Your alertness drops by 2 when they are away from you, but you may make investigation, alertness, and lore (third eye) checks wherever your eyes are.
Eyes above me: Whenever your eyes are with you, you get +2 to detecting ambushes and seeing hiding people, along with a +2 bonus to use of the third eye.
Linked to Me: The eyes can be attacked, but evade attacks at Discipline +2. Only physical attacks work on the eyes, and if they land they are treated as mental stress for the owner. They can also be treated as links to their owner, so as to cast "counter-scryings" and make mental attacks against them. Attacks such as Incite Emotion suffer no penalty, but Domination attempts and spells suffer a +2 increase to difficulty.
Flying Eyes: The eyes are treated as if they have wings.
Breath Channel (-1): The eyes are treated as a channel for your Breath Weapon. You can fire it out of either eye. Using it in this manner requires Discipline, not weapons.
Eye Multitasking (-1): You may manipulate the eyes as a supplamental action in combat. You may still only make one attack, whether this be from the eyes or by you.
Any other suggestions? Other add-ons, a different refresh cost...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:06:27 AM by jadecourtflunky »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 23, 2011, 12:28:39 AM »
There Is No Salvation seems a touch overpriced. Then again, nobody who needs to care will have it.

I've just finished reading Bibliography and now I think I'm ready to comment fully on the power.

Eye Multitasking seems like it should be a basic function of the power.
Breath Channel could be expanded to cover any power.
You'd be better off having the eyes use your normal skills than your Discipline.
The notes about using the eye as a link seem redundant in the light of the rules for eyes taking stress.

I'll post my take on it in a moment.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2011, 12:49:48 AM »
FLOATING EYES [-3]
Description: Your eyes aren't in your skull: instead, they fly around under your psychic control.
Note: Taking this power means that you don't have normal eyes.
Skills Affected: Alertness, Investigation, Lore, (Discipline)
Effects:
Faraway Eyes. Your eyes can move around independently of you, although they must stay roughly within a mile of your main body. You can see through them, making appropriate skill checks as normal. They do not have access to any of your powers (except for appropriate Supernatural Senses) but they act as though they had Wings and Diminutive Size. Their skills are equal to your skills. They cannot attack or maneuver. It requires a supplemental action to direct them. If they are damaged, you take the damage in the form of mental stress.
Eyes Above Me. You get +2 to your Alertness skill and to the perception trapping of Lore when both of your eyes are nearby. However, you take a -2 penalty to those rolls when both of your eyes are away from you. Also, you are blind when your eyes are not present.
Power Channel [-1]. Pick one of your other powers. Your eyes have access to that power. If that power requires you to take an action, then you must take an action in order to have your eyes use it.

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2011, 12:52:41 AM »
Much more short. Thanks Sanctaphrax.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2011, 04:21:24 AM »
You are very welcome.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
FLOATING EYES [-3]
Description: Your eyes aren't in your skull: instead, they fly around under your psychic control.
Note: Taking this power means that you don't have normal eyes.
Skills Affected: Alertness, Investigation, Lore, (Discipline)
Effects:
Faraway Eyes. Your eyes can move around independently of you, although they must stay roughly within a mile of your main body. You can see through them, making appropriate skill checks as normal. They do not have access to any of your powers (except for appropriate Supernatural Senses) but they act as though they had Wings and Diminutive Size. Their skills are equal to your skills. They cannot attack or maneuver. It requires a supplemental action to direct them. If they are damaged, you take the damage in the form of mental stress.
Eyes Above Me. You get +2 to your Alertness skill and to the perception trapping of Lore when both of your eyes are nearby. However, you take a -2 penalty to those rolls when both of your eyes are away from you. Also, you are blind when your eyes are not present.
Power Channel [-1]. Pick one of your other powers. Your eyes have access to that power. If that power requires you to take an action, then you must take an action in order to have your eyes use it.

This power reminded me of the weirdo stalker doctor on an episode of angel who could remove body parts. :P

That episode really creeped out my gf.

It almost inspires me to make a power where one can remove one's body parts to act independent of one's own body. ...almost, but not quite. :P
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2011, 11:45:44 AM »
Re-animator [-2]: You have perfected a formula to bring dead tissue back to life, using this formula never ends well.

You can use scholarship to re-animate the dead (creating composite zombies), you cannot control these dead creatures or how powerful they are. 
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2011, 10:19:13 PM »
would it still be with a drum beat and i think if you wanted to and u succeeded well enough according to that description bring someone back as themselves not a zombie
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
would it still be with a drum beat and i think if you wanted to and u succeeded well enough according to that description bring someone back as themselves not a zombie

No Need for a Drumbeat, Drumbeats are used for controlling the undead, as there is no way to control these creature (besides electricity and semtex). I suppose if you were really lucky and court the body moments after death you could re-animate a person without them become a monster but they would still be emotional cripples for science.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
or maybe just like kenny was in the one episode of south park, still the same old kenny thoughts feelings and all just was completely paralyzed as if he was a tomato
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Samael

« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
Here are a handful of powers I have put together for a balance check, they are made to fit the supernatural summons/contract type characters, and the highly syngergized group.Critiques are welcome.

[-1] Covenant Bond - You have a contract that connects you to a supernatural creature of some sort or another. This link allows for a level of unparalleled teamwork boardering close to the impossible. When maneuvers one of the pair has created, the other can tag it for +3 instead of the ordinary +2.

[-2] One of Mind - Your contract with each other has brought you close together, so much so you have trancended self to become more then the sum of your parts. When in the same zone as each other maneuvers taken to benefit your partner are rolled at +2. Additionally you may communicate mind to mind with your other half, staying in sync with each other regardless of distance. Mechanically when one succeeds in a relevant roll (such as Lore, Scholarship, or Alertness) the other shares in that success.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2011, 01:36:56 AM »
Don't like Pack Instincts?

Regardless, these look pretty fine-ish. Covenant Bond might be too broad, or maybe not. One Of Mind seems reasonable, although there's no precedent for such a thing.

They'll go on the list.