Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 171634 times)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
Maybe. Or maybe they ought to be a power and not a stunt.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »
I suppose they could be...but I don't like the idea. At all.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2011, 10:59:21 PM »
I think tentacles make sense as a creature feature

Here is another stunt like made of tentacles from neutral ground

Vise Grip (Might): When clenching or crushing
something with its rocky hands (usually in
terms of grapples), a rock demon is at +2 to
its Might rolls. (This stunt is slightly overpowered,
seen as an extension of the creature’s
Inhuman Strength.)

Also in the Tentacled Horror section the grapple roll they mentioned in the notes did not seem to stack with the inhuman strength otherwise the grapple roll would be Epic.

Tentacled Horror

Skills
Might: Great (+4)

Stunts
Made of Tentacles (Might): +2 when using
Might to grapple.
Powers
Inhuman Strength [–2]

Notes
Average initiative, Great attack & defense,
Weapon:4 crushing tentacles, and Fantastic
Might in a grapple.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:21:46 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
Having tentacles would be decent Creature Feature.

But the stunt that we're talking about here shouldn't be reskinned as a power, in my opinion.

Give the tentacles some other effect.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 15, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
Infinity Chain - [- 2]?
Description:You carry a weapon with a range only limited by your perception
Your attacks have a range of your alertness (someone with good alertness has an effective range of three zones)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:25:14 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
Infinity Chain - [- 2]?
Description:You carry a weapon with a range only limited your perception
Your attacks have a range of your alertness (someone with good alertness has an effective range of three zones)

Great idea on that one, I would make it only a -1, however and probably advise it be put into the Item of Power list. 

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2011, 12:26:19 AM »
Minor Magic [-1]

Magical talent is primarily gained through maternal bonds, but what about the paternal bonds? In some people whose fathers have gross magical talent, a faint spark of magic appears.
Minor Rituals: You can use rituals with 5 shifts or less of effect
Minor Evocation: You can create evocations from any element of 1 shift or less
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »
The Mist Control[-2]
You can control and create mist

Obscure: With a moment of concentration, you may draw or create a large amount of mist into an area obsuring the vision of everyone but you. This counts as a zone wide block at discipline +2 against perception which is not necessarily pierced when discovered. The block last until it's summoner banishes it or it is dispersed (by magic or a very big fan etc).

Decieve [-1]: Perception is warped in the mist friends can see enemies where friends should be and many an army have torn itself a part under its thick blanket, you can make manouvres at discipline +2 on anyone in your mist.

Nightmare (requires Decieve)  [-2]: Those in your mist may see monsters and horrors floating in the mist that may scar them for life, you can make mental attacks on anyone in the mist at discipline +2.

No way out [-1]: Once you have entered the mist it is nearly impossible to leave, attempts to leave the mist are blocked at discipline +2 this is part of the main block on perception.

Deep Mists [-1]: Your mist can cover up too three zones
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:53:08 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 17, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »
hey i noticed that there is kinda a covorsation going on but i had an idea for a custom sponsored magic
its called Cosmic fire
its the fire of our sun and other stars, very very hot fire, really hard to put out, it doesn't even need oxygen to burn.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2011, 07:11:42 AM »
hey i noticed that there is kinda a covorsation going on but i had an idea for a custom sponsored magic
its called Cosmic fire
its the fire of our sun and other stars, very very hot fire, really hard to put out, it doesn't even need oxygen to burn.

You mean radiation?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »
Here is my first attempt at exalted stylised martial arts trees for DFRP, it is intentionally grim and a little silly and doesn't stack with True Aim, any stunt which ups Weapon accuracy or weapons rating, though it does stack with strength powers.  

Scarlet Sword Style
This is a Supernatural Martial Arts which focuses on using ones bloodlust and life energy to augment its strength.

Manifest Bloodlust [-0]: +1 to attacks on an opponent you have already hit, free recovery after a kill one time a scene, feeding Dependency: so a Discipline Hunger track etc

Perfected Killing Intent (require manifest bloodlust) [-1] you can boost your swordsmanship by surrendering to your killing intent.  
Re-skinned Holy Guardian except instead of using mental stress you use your hunger stress track all other rules apply.

Scarlet Sword Form [-2] - You burn your life force to push your body to its true potential, this causes a real change in a person anatomy as their muscles bulge and blood fills their eyes turning them scarlet.

You must take a minor consequence or higher (if the slot is filled) to activate the warp spasm in which your Weapons Roll is increased by 2 and gives you access to the powers below.  

Crimson Blade (requires Scarlet Sword Form) [-3]: You project life energy into your sword this manifests as a red energy surrounding the blade allowing the blade to parry anything and increasing its weapons rating by your conviction.  

Scarlet Wave [-1] Requires Crimson Blade, you can attack everyone in an area with your sword by reducing its weapon rating by 2.  This manifests as a line of red energy forming out of the end of your blade.

Curved Cut [-1] Requires Crimson Blade: You can curve your attack so that they do not come from where they appear to come from this allows you to make ambush an opponent with your weapons attack for a fate point.  

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:06:37 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2011, 08:45:35 PM »
You can't use the Hunger track to fuel powers for the simple reason that whenever you take hunger stress, you must lose powers with refresh equal to the stress taken. So, filling your 2nd hunger stress box means losing 2 refresh worth of powers. Filling your 4th means losing 4 refresh worth of powers.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
I ran under the assumption that hunger stress like every other type of stress happened before the concequences rather than after them, loss of powers seems to me to be a concequence. Otherwise you could just fly for a scene to get back you powers (wings is a -1 power so you will pass the discipline roll and get back the stress). 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:49:04 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
I think.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »
You can't use the Hunger track to fuel powers for the simple reason that whenever you take hunger stress, you must lose powers with refresh equal to the stress taken. So, filling your 2nd hunger stress box means losing 2 refresh worth of powers. Filling your 4th means losing 4 refresh worth of powers.

Loss of powers comes after your stress track is full, and after your consequences are used up.

Only then do you need to loose powers to cope with the stress.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »
Feeding Dependency is awkwardly written. I once espoused Belial's reading of it, but I changed my mind for sanity's sake.

Manifest Bloodlust looks like Feeding Dependency + Blood Drinker to me. Which doesn't cost 0 unless you have something else linked to Feeding Dependency too.

I like Perfected Killing Intent more than I like Sacred Guardian. Although that's not saying much.

After that, things get a little sketchy. I'll say more about why I think so later, when I have more time.