Author Topic: Custom Power List  (Read 169391 times)

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Power List
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »
Shadow Manipulation [-3]
You can manipulate your shadow to become a powerful weapon, Shadow manipulation has range of up three zones away and counts as +2 weapon attack, which can be used as a spray attack. Your shadows attack roll is Discipline or fists and its Might roll is Conviction or Might. It can be used for anything that a normal limb could be used for including Grappling and is also able to ambush your enemies using discipline or fists instead of stealth as its stealth roll. In addition if you possess inhuman strength or greater your shadow gains those benefits as well.

Requires Veil of Shadow -1

The shadows have eyes [-2]
You do not need to see your opponents directly to attack them with your shadow manipulation as long as you are within the three zone radius your shadow can see them for you. Your shadow receives all the benefits of veil of shadows (night vision and +2 to stealth checks); your vision ignores all border penalties as your vision is being relayed to you directly by your shadow.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:02:10 AM by bitterpill »
"Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all"  Vogon Captain

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
Symbiosis of Spirit -0 (requires Demonic Co-pilot)
Description: You and the demon possessing you are no longer two separate individuals but are instead a symbiosis of man and demon neither truly one thing nor the other, this requires a apropriate High Concept. You no longer have to take mental stress when acting according to your co-piolot's agenda as it is now your agenda, but any action that actively goes against your co-pilots agenda also threatens your gestalt, when doing so, you must roll Discipline against the result as if you were defending against an attack. Failure to succeed in this roll means you take mental stress and any consequences are chosen by the GM showing the friction between you and your co-pilot.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:36:04 PM by bitterpill »

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2011, 05:36:54 PM »
How would you guys price this power?  It's totally only meant for NPC's, specifically I made this for a "character" that's a pair of twin rat-demons.

Two Bodies - There are two of you acting as one character.  You can shrug off a Taken Out result of "dead" once and only once, unless you can recover from death.  Until this happens, you act at a +1 to all your Skills.

Tbora

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2011, 05:46:12 PM »
+2 or +3

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
and Item of Power I made up for My Dark Sunshine

The Quinn Family Blade [-1]
Description: This sword has been in the Quinn family for years, passed down from generation to generation, and only to those of the blood who manifest magical abilities. A cutlass of superb design, the blade fairly hums with magical power.
Musts: You must be a member of the Quinn Family to wield this blade, or kill one of it's members. You must have some form of spellcasting.
Skills Affects: Weapons, Others
Effects:
It's a Sword. Its a sword, first and foremost. Useable in one hand, it has a weapon rating of 3.
Unbreakable. As an Item of power it is unbreakable. The only way it can be broken is to pervert it's purpose.
Discount Already Applied. As an item of power, and one difficult to hide, a +2 rebate has been applied to the powers attached to the blade.
A Warden's Blade This is a warden's blade. The original owner spent her death curse to empower the blade and tie it to her family line. It has the abilities of a warden's blade, and takes up two enchanted item slots as normal.
Upholding the Laws. When wielded against a lawbreaker, roll attacks with this sword with a +2 bonus.
Reserves of Strength. The blade holds a shard of the original wielder's life force, which can be used to empower spells or fortify the mind. The bearer of the blade gains one mild mental consequence.
The Power of Sacrifice. By spilling his own blood, the bearer of this blade may empower his spells. When you take backlash damage from a spell, if you absorb it with a consequence that consequence negates an additional point of stress.

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
How would you guys price this power?  It's totally only meant for NPC's, specifically I made this for a "character" that's a pair of twin rat-demons.

Two Bodies - There are two of you acting as one character.  You can shrug off a Taken Out result of "dead" once and only once, unless you can recover from death.  Until this happens, you act at a +1 to all your Skills.
I have some ideas for a couple of fun little trappings for this:
I Am Legion: You can take over other people's bodies, adding them to your hive mind. 
Agent Smith: There is no upper limit to the number of bodies you can absorb into your consciousness. 
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52:22 AM »
An Upgrade to Beast Change

Shapechanger Recovery.[-1] Once per scene, when you change shape from human to beast (or back) you may spend your whole turn and a fate point to take an immediate "free" recovery period equal to an extra scene. This will clear your stress track and mild physical consequences, and possibly larger consequences if you have an ability that lets you heal quickly.

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2011, 03:01:22 AM »
An Upgrade to Beast Change

Shapechanger Recovery.[-1] Once per scene, when you change shape from human to beast (or back) you may spend your whole turn and a fate point to take an immediate "free" recovery period equal to an extra scene. This will clear your stress track and mild physical consequences, and possibly larger consequences if you have an ability that lets you heal quickly.

Seems a little potent at the higher levels of recovery we are talking about moving from near death to full health again in one turn. But I suppose if you stipulate it does not stack with the free recovery period of emotional vampire and blood sucker (once per turn not twice) then it is not that bad.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:04:49 AM by bitterpill »

Offline EdgeOfDreams

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2011, 08:56:47 PM »
This is a power for a psychic/diviner in a game I'm running.  Any thoughts as to it's cost/balance? It's inspired by the Guide My Hand power.

EDIT: Part of my reasoning for writing this up is that I wanted something with more specific game mechanics behind it than Cassandra's Tears, which is pretty darn vague about rules for creating/using visions.

Prophetic Visions [-1]

Bits and Pieces: Once per scene, this character may roll Lore against a target of Good (+3) to make an assessment or declaration regarding the scene or a character in it.  This represents flashes of insight and relevant info being pulled out of the character's otherwise difficult to interpret visions.  For an Assessment, the GM determines what aspect is revealed, while for a Declaration, the player may invent a suitable aspect, so long as the GM and other players approve. These aspects may be tagged/invoked as usual. This ability may not be used repeatedly to assess/declare aspects regarding the same character encountered across multiple scenes.

I've Done This Already: In exchange for a Fate point, this character may roll Lore in place of any other skill, except as an attack in combat.  This represents a vision in which the character sees himself performing the action in the future, so he already knows what to do.

Major Prophecy: The GM has license to give this character a major vision, usually about once per session, describing its contents and possibly asking for a Lore or other roll to interpret it.  These visions tend to reveal one or more important but vague aspects that exist in every scene until the prophecy is fulfilled.  The player is encouraged to remind the GM of this power, as it can provide good plot hooks and potentially compels on the character's reactions to these visions.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:01:48 PM by EdgeOfDreams »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2011, 02:02:42 AM »
It seems like a little much for -1, but not enough for -2.

It gives you the benefits of Cassandra's Tears without the drawbacks, something like Psychometry, and about half of Guide My Hand. I'd probably juice it up a little to make it worthy of -2.

Also, I'd remove the fixed difficulty of 3 for Bits and Pieces in order to give the GM a touch more freedom. Suggested difficulties are fine, but fixed ones bug me somehow.

Possible upgrades to this power could be the "lucky arrival" part of Guide My Hand or letting I've Done This Already be used for physical attacks.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2011, 02:14:53 AM »
It seems like a little much for -1, but not enough for -2.

It gives you the benefits of Cassandra's Tears without the drawbacks, something like Psychometry, and about half of Guide My Hand. I'd probably juice it up a little to make it worthy of -2.

Also, I'd remove the fixed difficulty of 3 for Bits and Pieces in order to give the GM a touch more freedom. Suggested difficulties are fine, but fixed ones bug me somehow.

Possible upgrades to this power could be the "lucky arrival" part of Guide My Hand or letting I've Done This Already be used for physical attacks.

Lore for physical maneuvers, maybe, but I'd be leery of allowing it for attacks
perhaps allowing it to MODIFY attack skills?
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2011, 05:25:49 AM »
Why not let it be used to attack?

You have to spend a fate point in order to use that power. A fate point could give you +2 anyway. So unless your Lore is 3 points better than whatever skill you use to fight, this provides no benefit. And if that is so, then you are essentially harmless when you don't spend fate points. Which will get hideously expensive very fast, by the way. And even if you had an infinite supply of fate points, you'd be no stronger than a character who just peaked a combat skill and didn't buy any stunts or powers.

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
Made this for Jinn, (actually, took Jinns idea and refined it), no clue on it's balance.

Embodiment of the Living Tempest [-3]
Musts: You must have an Aspect that represents your connection to storms.
Description: As someone whose very life force is tied to the wind you can, at need, become the living embodiment of a tempest. You undergo a transformation becoming an elemental being, though the cost is great.
Effects:
Storm Form. Your body becomes insubstantial as a thundercloud. You temporarily gain the ability to fly, and you gain armor 3 against any effect excepting those that might disperse a cloud (ex: air evocations). In addition you place the "Fury of the Storm" aspect within the zone you occupy for the duration of your transformation. Maintaining this form is mentally straining, each round you remain in this form you take one mental stress.
Leashing the Storm Within. Controlling the storm is difficult, and distractions can be deadly. Any effect that causes you physical stress while in this form also shakes your control. In addition to the physical stress taken you also take one mental stress. If you are "taken out" you loose control of the storm, reverting to your physical form and unleashing the storm to run rampant. Treat this as a weapon 3 attack on everyone in the zone (including you) at your conviction rating.
Fury of the Storm. Storms are intensely powerful and majestic events. You may harness the power and majesty of the storm within for your own purposes. Any Air evocation you cast while in this form automatically has two "free" shifts of power (though, you must still roll high enough to control these shifts), and you may roll intimidation checks at +2.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:50:47 PM by KOFFEYKID »

Offline Jinn Master

• Conversationalist
  • Sanity Roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:17 AM »
I'm working on one for each of the other elements and one to unify them all, should someone want to play an elemental.
Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods...
-The Lay of Horatius

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2011, 01:02:01 AM »
Made this for Jinn, (actually, took Jinns idea and refined it), no clue on it's balance.

Embodiment of the Living Tempest [-3]
Musts: You must have an Aspect that represents your connection to storms.
Description: As someone whose very life force is tied to the wind you can, at need, become the living embodiment of a tempest. You undergo a transformation becoming an elemental being, though the cost is great.
Effects:
Storm Form. Your body becomes insubstantial as a thundercloud. You temporarily gain the ability to fly, and you gain armor 3 against any effect excepting those that might disperse a cloud (ex: air evocations). In addition you place the "Fury of the Storm" aspect within the zone you occupy for the duration of your transformation. Maintaining this form is mentally straining, each round you remain in this form you take one mental stress.
Leashing the Storm Within. Controlling the storm is difficult, and distractions can be deadly. Any effect that causes you physical stress while in this form also shakes your control. In addition to the physical stress taken you also take one mental stress. If you are "taken out" you loose control of the storm, reverting to your physical form and unleashing the storm to run rampant. Treat this as a weapon 3 attack on everyone in the zone (including you) at your conviction rating.
Fury of the Storm. Storms are intensely powerful and majestic events. You may harness the power and majesty of the storm within for your own purposes. Any Air evocation you cast while in this form automatically has two "free" shifts of power (though, you must still roll high enough to control these shifts), and you may roll intimidation checks at +2.

My Within the Rules version:

Human Form [+1]
Spirit Form [-3]; To show the might of the storm Variable Visage is locked as a +2 Intimidation bonus. The way it bypasses zone borders is probably closer to Gaseous Form 's Insubstantial than Spirit Form's.
Wings [-1]
Refinement [-1]; +2 Power to Air
Mythic Armor [-3]; Butchered Armor:3 bonus taken from Mythic Toughness.
The Catch [+2]; Things that could disrupt a cloud.
Desperate Hour Reflavor [-1]; From Righteousness, change Holy to Electric, let them defend with Athletics.
Involuntary Reversion [+1]; If Desperate Hour Reflavor is used, the person is immediately changed back into their human form and may not return to Living Tempest form for the rest of the scene. ((You can add some mumbo jumbo about mental stress causing you to change back or getting hurt physically hurts you mental to maybe increase this rebate.))

Total: -5, maybe less depending on Involuntary Reversions conditions.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:04:23 AM by Mal_Luck »
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]