Author Topic: This is why the Council is Afraid of Harry Dresden (Spoilers)  (Read 90427 times)

Offline Mercutio

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: This is why the Council is Afraid of Harry Dresden (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Just to point it out, Harry isn't speaking Ghoul, he's speaking Sumarian.  It may be a Dead Language, but is isn't a Monsters Language...
"Damn I meant to roll a Monk."

Offline robertltux

• Posty McPostington
  • Cat Sith Must rise again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
Edit to File
Mouse Dresden
Dresden’s Foo Dog. It is unknown how the creature came into Dresden’s possession. It is a formidable and intelligent creature that will show unwavering loyalty to Dresden. Given his lack of proximity to a temple it is likely that much of the creature’s power is diminished however this has not been verified.  Update: current location is Micheal Carpenters Home as this is Holy Ground the creatures power level is not impeded
Jim/Bast could we have more Cat Sith???

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 03:50:16 AM »
Reading this always makes me feel a little stupid.
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Just to point it out, Harry isn't speaking Ghoul, he's speaking Sumarian.  It may be a Dead Language, but is isn't a Monsters Language...

True, lots of people speak Sumarian. It's unfortunate that almost all of them except for a few scholars are dead. ::) Harry got real proficient in a bunch of things at nearly the same time. He gained a few levels and skill (fans of D&D).

Offline maisis00

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
You know what?  I always thought the White Council were just being a bunch of dicks by not trusting Harry, and then you go and put shit into perspective with a wrap sheet a freak'n mile long.  Um... hells bells... when you put it like that, no  wonder he makes the council nervous.   :o  The  suggested addendum of... 'current location,  unknown' is probably enough to send chills down the spine of most of the council.  We the reader realize that Harry only manges to just get by, after getting his ass handed to him, but to the characters in Harry's world... holy hell, the dude must look seriously dangerous loose canon.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »
We the reader realize that Harry only manges to just get by, after getting his ass handed to him, but to the characters in Harry's world... holy hell, the dude must look seriously dangerous loose canon.
Harry came to this exact conclusing in TC when the old school tough wardens were hesitant to step up to a fight with him. Vader is cool when he is on your side :)
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline dpara

• Conversationalist
  • clear and concise reasoning. sharkslap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Absolutely love this.

But I think threatening Arianna should also be noted,.. no clue how to call the notice maybe;

Notice of Council Interaction (Age 36)
- Threatens Duchess Arianna to release a kidnapped child during the peace negotiations.
- - Sensitives note psychic instability.
SH[Mavra---- Molly- Lash+ Elaine+ Murphy++]

Offline robertltux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 01:46:07 PM »
Absolutely love this.

But I think threatening Arianna should also be noted,.. no clue how to call the notice maybe;

Notice of Council Interaction (Age 36)
- Threatens Duchess Arianna to release a kidnapped child during the peace negotiations.
- - Sensitives note psychic instability.

--- further note the amount of Rage witnessed by Council Members present indicates unknown factor the reason for this must be investigated

Offline Craig1974

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:58 AM »
Previously out of favor with the White Court it is believed that Thomas Raith has used his psychic abilities to instigate a sexual relationship with Dresden in order to regain favor with the White Court. Raith and Dresden lived together for over a year in Dresden’s apartment before the two separated. Confirmation from Chicago police informant that the two were in a sexual relationship that has since supposedly ended.

Where has this been established? I don't remember any of the latter books where Thomas was introduced, establishing this.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
Where has this been established? I don't remember any of the latter books where Thomas was introduced, establishing this.

It's a joke that the White Council would make the assumption that Harry and Thomas are in a relationship since they're living together combined with the rumour/in-joke that they're lovers from an informant in the Chicago pd.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
Dosen't matter how many times I read this thread, I always find it awsome and the reference to a thomas/harry relationship hilarius.

Offline Seidmadr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
I would like to point out that it's odd no one mentioned his use of Hellfire. I mean, a sulphury (is that even a word?) smell every time he calls on it DOES get noticed.
Of course, it's not sure he ever used it around people who could report it to the Council. Did he fling hellfire-enhanced spells before Lash left him in the Deeps?

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 09:29:03 PM »
I would like to point out that it's odd no one mentioned his use of Hellfire. I mean, a sulphury (is that even a word?) smell every time he calls on it DOES get noticed.
Of course, it's not sure he ever used it around people who could report it to the Council. Did he fling hellfire-enhanced spells before Lash left him in the Deeps?
Does anyone besides Harry ever comment on it, though?
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
Probably because the council does not know Harry used hellfire.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline robertltux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 06:33:07 PM »
Probably because the council does not know Harry used hellfire.

its like that b5 Crusade quote from the Technomage

"I don't hold a grudge I HAVE NO SURVIVING ENEMIES"

how many folks have seen harry use Hellfire and are currently "paying taxes"??
now remove those folks that don't want the White Council to "notice" them.
now remove those that the WC would actually TRUST

i think we have eliminated everybody at this point