Author Topic: The Book of Don't  (Read 58828 times)

Offline Orbweaver

• Posty McPostington
  • Let the games begin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Book of Don't
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
Mickey or Paynesgrey, you might want to ask Shecky to take a quick look at the content involved in the first post of the thread. I noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors that could be corrected without a lot of muss & fuss... not the least of which is that in the first quotation block, Ashton's name was spelled Asthon.

In a world of black, white, and grey's... I'd be bright freaking purple. Resident Female Forum Denarian.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 11:56:22 PM »
Mickey or Paynesgrey, you might want to ask Shecky to take a quick look at the content involved in the first post of the thread. I noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors that could be corrected without a lot of muss & fuss... not the least of which is that in the first quotation block, Ashton's name was spelled Asthon.

I allow PG these peccadillos without raining holy nuclear fire on him because he's a carrier of the Snark. Plus, he knows better. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 12:53:42 AM »
Indeed, other than the odd typographical error, the abominations I work upon the English language are usually intentional.  I like holding a language down and doing unkind things until it cries.  My inner child never grew out of that ants-magnifying glass stage, I fear.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:22:57 PM by Paynesgrey »

Offline Piotr1600

• Posty McPostington
  • Not *quite* the Eye of Providence...
    • View Profile
    • Go For Throttle Up - Music you haven't heard
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 04:10:23 AM »
"After reading the "Book of Don't", I was able to drop 50 pounds(1), pass the State bar exam(2), and do differential equations in my head(3) - it sure changed my life!"
   - Piotr1600, satisfied customer

(1) I dropped the big honking sack of cat food.
(2) I recognize a liquor & beer serving establishment without going inside now.
(3) They're wrong, but I still "do' them...
My band: http://www.soundclick.com/goforthrottleup -

The real problem with the shallow end of the gene pool is that it isn’t deep enough to allow the depth charges to arm. - By "Hardware" on Larry Correia's website.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »
See what these fine members have to say about The Book Of Don't. 

A rollercoaster blockbuster of wit and wisdom, ancient knowledge, and scintellating humor, the Book of Don't changed their lives, it can change yours too!  Your guide to finding the better, more successful, not as banned you!  A source of inspiration and joy in these confusing, troubling times!  Don't be the only one on your block without a copy, or the zomboraptors will get you, and all the people they don't get will say "I told you so." 

I like The Book of Don't!  It's informative yet entertaining.  Overall, I give the previews a 10!   ;D

"Not only did I enjoy this book I also learned some great tips as well"~~Berrylovely, Editor of her own Mind

;)

"After reading the "Book of Don't", I was able to drop 50 pounds(1), pass the State bar exam(2), and do differential equations in my head(3) - it sure changed my life!"
   - Piotr1600, satisfied customer

(1) I dropped the big honking sack of cat food.
(2) I recognize a liquor & beer serving establishment without going inside now.
(3) They're wrong, but I still "do' them...

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 06:51:30 PM »
I allow PG these peccadillos without raining holy nuclear fire on him because he's a carrier of the Snark. Plus, he knows better. :D

A peccadillo's like an armadillo, but doesn't run as fast and is easier to cook.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
A peccadillo's like an armadillo, but doesn't run as fast and is easier to cook.

And they're entertaining when properly decorated.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
Well, once the sedatives wear off.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
I thought a peccadillo was 8 quarts of armadillos...
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »
Regional language and dialect issues apply.  In some parts of the panhandle, it would indeed refer to 8 quarts of armadillos, but only if they were freshly pressed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 07:01:26 PM by Paynesgrey »

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »
I feel so at home here.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
Regional language and dialect issues apply.  In some parts of the panhandle, it would indeed refer to 8 quarts of armadillos, but only if they were freshly pressed.

Some of the pressing juice must be reserved for return to the peccadillo if it's intended for shipping.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 10:01:15 PM »
They do inflate well enough, although some unscrupulous vendors will just use a mixture of old cooking oil and some chicken broth.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
They do inflate well enough, although some unscrupulous vendors will just use a mixture of old cooking oil and some chicken broth.

Only the most discerning connoisseur can detect the substitution, unfortunately, as the natural bouquet of the peccadillo is quite exuberant on the nose and palate. Still, for non-vintage peccadillo, the old oil-and-broth is actually a boon, reviving the mouthfeel and extending the finish pleasantly.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »
Sounds..........yummy?
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.