Author Topic: Focused Practitioner - Alchemist  (Read 2841 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Focused Practitioner - Alchemist
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »
I love this thread. . .  ;D

I wish my players were willing to read some of the awesome stuff on this forum.

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »
Don't you get a -2 to use other ranged weapons besides Guns unless you specifically say your Skill is in another type of weapon?

[quote user=YS132}You can also use Guns to cover non-gun weapons that shoot at a distance, such as bows and other such artifacts, though usually with a penalty (–2) if you aren’t trained in their use. If, at the time you take the Guns skill, you decide your character is focused on using a method of shooting other than a gun, you may rename this skill to something more appropriate (e.g., Bows) and face the familiarity penalty when using actual guns instead. Under such an option, most Guns related stunts are still available with the unusual weapon.

Indeed, but Superb in Slings can be as effective as Superb in Guns. Sorry, my previous post was a little unclear. I'd say a sling would be weapon:2 and could hit someone up to 2 zones away (maybe with a small penalty for the second zone?). It's silent in comparison to a gun so it's better for stealthy attacks and you can always find makeshift ammo for it even if you run out of ammo.

We need a list of weapon types :)

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »
I'd say a sling would be weapon:2 and could hit someone up to 2 zones away (maybe with a small penalty for the second zone?).

Given typical ranges fall short of 400m but the Guinness Book record for slinging is well over 400m (477.0 for a dart, 437.1 for a 52g stone) I would say yeah, 2-3 zones sounds about right given that (YS197) indicates "some guns can shoot three or more".
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician