Author Topic: Burn-Noticed inpired Ritualist - help wanted  (Read 1081 times)

Offline PST

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Burn-Noticed inpired Ritualist - help wanted
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:35:17 AM »
I've hit a wall when doing character gen with the rest of my group. We have a 'no evocation/thaumaturgy' rule for the first game while everyone gets used to it.

Lore has veen maxed out by a priestly researcher character, combat is well covered between a scion of Thor and an Ogre-Changeling. The social side is maxed out with a white court and then we have a pyromancer for general and magical areas.

Having gone through a number of different concepts I was thinking a generalist character with a side in crafting might be able to fit without stepping on toes or being overshadowed by the other characters specialties (something we tend to try and avoid doing in the group). That said, I'm still unconvinced as the lore side is well covered.

I was wondering about a burn-notice inspired crafter, taking the general explosives/electronics/jury-rigging abilities of the lead character in the show and combining it with Ritual (Crafting). That said I'm at a loose end of how to do it points wise. I can get the aspects covered but the points are coming up blank for me (8 point refresh game).

Any advice on building a ritualist (crafting)?

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
Re: Burn-Noticed inpired Ritualist - help wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »
Could look something like this.

-2 Ritual (Crafting)
-2 Refinement (5 Enchanted Item Slots; 3 Potion Slots)

Total refresh cost -4

Focus Item from the two slots of Ritual (+2 crafting Strength)

combined with a high Lore skill, this gives you nicely powered Enchanted items and potions, (potions can be a lot of things, not only drinks, so they can model magical explosives or other stuff as well) while retaining enough Fate points to spend for instant potions.
Depending on if you want the character to have more fixed gizmos, or if he's more supposed to whip something up on short notice you can modify the number of enchanted item vs. potion slots.

Offline Nomad

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Burn-Noticed inpired Ritualist - help wanted
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
I would direct you to the altchemist discussion
Waiting eagerly for the day when Arry will enchant a fluorescent tube lamp and use it as a lightsaber.

Quote from: Archangel62
Magically speaking he may be a thug, but tactically speaking...he's the cast of looney tunes after a few bong hits.