Author Topic: Character Feedback: Scion of Sebek  (Read 1310 times)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Character Feedback: Scion of Sebek
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:10:48 AM »
Robert Green
High Concept: Game Warden/Crocodile Demi-god
Trouble: Small Fish, Big Pond
Other Aspects: Scary Crocodile-Man Shape; Clutching at Straws of 'Normality'; Fiercely Protective of Nature; (Other Aspects left open for group character creation)

Skills (Human Pyramid):
Great: Alertness
Good: Guns, Conviction, Might
Fair: Athletics, Contacts, Endurance, Scholarship
Average: Fists, Discipline, Lore, Presence

Skills (Crocodile-Man Pyramid):
Great: Endurance, Fists
Good: Conviction, Might
Fair: Alertness, Guns, Scholarship
Average: Athletics, Discipline, Intimidation, Lore, Presence

Stunts:

No Pain No Gain: +1 physical mild consequence slot

Powers:
Marked by Power [-1]
Beast Change [-1]
Human Form [+1] affecting:
Claws [-1] (Crocodile Jaws & Teeth)
Inhuman Strength [-2]

Stress:
Physical OOO (OOOO Croc-man form) +1 mild consequence
Social OOO
Mental OOO

Total Refresh Cost:
Remaining Refresh: 2

To all appearances, Robert Green's childhood was not exceptionally unusual, except that his father was rarely present. Robert's love of nature and anger against those who would exploit it drove him towards becoming a game warden. On his twentieth birthday, however, his father told him the family secret. "Charles Green" was actually the ancient god Sebek, lord of crocodiles. He told his son much concerning the supernatural world, but more importantly, he taught him how to access a modicum of his inherited power. The revelations set Robert's head spinning. His new powers were an exhilarating rush, but they were also frightening.  Clinging to his earlier life as a way to reassert his identity, he completed college and was inducted as a game warden. He tried to live 'normally', but this often proved impossible - his mighty father had both allies and enemies, and both wished to interfere in the life of Sebek's son, for good or ill. Compounding this, Robert eventually discovered what his father had not told him, and sought to downplay - despite his godhood, Sebek's power had diminished greatly throughout the millennia; his ability to protect Robert without being present was exceptionally limited. While he tries to be in all ways human, throwing himself into his job with fervor to ground his identity, he has reluctantly recognized the fact that he will always be tied to the supernatural world - but he still fights against the necessity.

Robert is slightly taller than average (about 6'), in fairly good physical shape, brown-haired, and green-eyed. He has developed the ability to take on a lesser version of his father's form - a tall (7' or so), heavily muscled crocodile-headed man.

Possible Advancement:
Higher Discipline (human form)
Higher Fists (croc-man form)
Higher Athletics
Higher Lore
Echoes of the Beast (Crocodile)
Inhuman Toughness (in which case his croc-man form would get heavy crocodile scales)
Hulking Size (in which case his croc-man form would get larger, probably 9' or 10' tall and incredibly burly)
and maybe Channeling (Water)

Questions:
-Do the aspects look good?
-Did I do the beast change thing right?
-Did I mess anything else up rules-wise?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:57:17 AM by vultur »

Offline PhoenixCustodis

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Character Feedback: Scion of Sebek
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:41:59 AM »
I would consider giving him Echoes of the Beast to give him access to either his claws or inhuman strength in human form. You might also want to consider the Aquatic power for his croc form (and for the Echoes of the Beast carryover ability). Other than that it looks pretty good.

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 02:53:47 AM »
Echoes of the Beast might be access to "crocodile tears" (something like, +1 to stealth while stationary lurking).

I can see the appropriateness of a Claws expansion that allows a were-croc to use a successful "claw" (jaw) attack to allow a grapple to begin on the next exchange.
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 02:56:08 AM »
I would consider giving him Echoes of the Beast

Though I forgot to list it, I had that in mind for a possible advancement later (or if I was playing this character in a Chest Deep or Submerged game).

You might also want to consider the Aquatic power for his croc form (and for the Echoes of the Beast carryover ability).

I'm not entirely sure that's appropriate, as the croc-man form at this point just gives him a croc's head (and appropriate jaw/neck muscles) and huge fighting muscles; otherwise it's fairly humanoid. I intend to make it more inhuman/crocodile-like as he advances (and gains more powers), and Aquatic would be appropriate then. Just not yet; he's still only at the beginning of his path.

Thanks for commenting.

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 03:29:10 AM »
I think other than echoes of the beast (which you've already noted), the character looks very interesting, both to play, and to GM for.
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]