Author Topic: [Tool] The Fudge Roller: Dice Rolling Utility  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
[Tool] The Fudge Roller: Dice Rolling Utility
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:56:11 AM »
Took a few days and worked up a page to roll fudge dice. It was fun to make and I was able to learn a thing or two along the way. Give it a try and let me know what ya think and feel free to offer some suggestions for additional dice colors. :)

The Fudge Roller

If, like me, your dice get lost faster then keys, sunglasses, or water-weight, no longer will you be forced to roll your virtual fudge dice with something that is either to complex to be worth the time or so simplistic it is a chore to use. The DFRPG Fan Resources Web-Site is proud to present The Fudge Roller, a dice rolling utility.

Unlike most dice rollers, clicking the roll button on The Fudge Roller doesn't simply display the next set of random numbers. Instead, each die tumbles, going trough several different values before settling on the final result. Much more natural and entertaining to be sure. It doesn't stop there either, how many times the dice will tumble is random and both the lowest and highest number of possible tumbles can be changed before each roll. As frosting on the proverbial fudge cake, there are over half a dozen different colors of dice to select from for that little extra flare.

As if that wasn't enough. A roll can be stopped at any time (usually desirable when you enter huge number of tumbles just for fun or didn't mean to roll to begin with). While rolling, a count is displayed of how many tumbles the dice have taken so far. When the roll is over, the totaled result is displayed for ease of reference. Last, though certainly not least, one or more dice can be locked down with a click so they don't change during re-rolls.
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: [Tool] The Fudge Roller: Dice Rolling Utility
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:43 AM »
Woah....friend....I'd get out of these forums right now if I were you.  Most role-players don't 'preciate your kind around here.  Not safe.

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:57:09 AM »
Not sure what ya mean by that Drachasor?
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
Not sure what ya mean by that Drachasor?

Shhh, we're waiting for the person who will come and here and talk about his/her dice and their cold, dead hands.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
Unless they're doing play-by-post or real-time online/Skype/etc. games. Then a dice roller can help keep computer desks uncluttered.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
Uh, yeah. Why exactly would people on an internet forum object to this?

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »
I like it.  May use it during our game, since we don't have any fudge dice...

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 09:10:09 PM »
Tough crowd.