Author Topic: [Playdohmancy] 101 Magical Uses for Playdoh?  (Read 6401 times)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
Re: [Playdohmancy] 101 Magical Uses for Playdoh?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »
A controlling agent (for the black magic practicioners among you)

Form the playdoh into a form of food, sausage or peas or as pastry.
Glamour said playdoh so that it resembles and tastes as it looks
Use the ingested playdoh to control your subject.

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 06:20:58 AM »
A variation on the controlling idea: let the subject ingest the playdough and then have the practitioner reclaim it as part of the whole. One playdough sized hole in the subject. Similar to the John Hurt scene in Alien.
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »
A variation on the controlling idea: let the subject ingest the playdough and then have the practitioner reclaim it as part of the whole. One playdough sized hole in the subject. Similar to the John Hurt scene in Alien.

Or, as it is Playdoh, the John Hurt scene in spaceballs.

Offline JG_Mage

• Conversationalist
  • "Lies. Mab cannot change who your are."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »
Playdoh placed on a book. Earphones plugged into Playdoh. Audio books read by James Marsters.  :)

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 04:23:57 PM »
Or, as it is Playdoh, the John Hurt scene in spaceballs.
# Hello my baby, hello my honey, Hello my ragtime gal .... #
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:41:17 PM »
A heating element so you can have hot running water.

Four pieces on the wall, two top and bottom corners, corresponding in the movie theater. Watch movies at home.

As a receiver for satellite TV.

As moldable keys to open locks.

To replay a scene in a area. Like Mab did.

I think the heating element is the best idea yet!!!  (do you think some day Harry will get one of those solar black box water heater thingies?)

As a Television... a bit harder.  I don't know if I'd want to spend the time putting all those tiny balls of red, green and blue playdough next to each other.  Then you got to think NSTC, PAL, HIDEF.  All those different Row and Line numbers...

Offline JG_Mage

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 04:01:36 AM »
As a Television... a bit harder.  I don't know if I'd want to spend the time putting all those tiny balls of red, green and blue playdough next to each other.  Then you got to think NSTC, PAL, HIDEF.  All those different Row and Line numbers...

Just use TV a carcass (no insides). Just let the glass doorknob do the projecting. ;)

The only wizard who doesn't have to worry about format changes. :D

Steampunk Wizard. Sounds like fun.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:03:10 AM by JG_Mage »

Offline mestewart3

• Participant
  • yup this one fits
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 08:44:30 AM »
Simon reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a small film case. working quickly he fastened the piece of playdoh from the canister to a nearby wall.
"In cases like these I like to use some of my special stock."  With that Simon and I Started running again. 
  Big n' hairy was catching up with us quick, unlucky for him as he passed the inconspicuous doh Simon took the small amount of playdoh he had left and shouted "FORZARE!"
  The baddie not only flew through the wall of the hall but we also heard the shattering of glass from the Refrigerator sized hole it made on it's way out.
   "Had that piece attached to the front of my car collecting energy for a week."
I am no good at this sig thing

Offline JG_Mage

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »
Simon reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a small film case. working quickly he fastened the piece of playdoh from the canister to a nearby wall.
"In cases like these I like to use some of my special stock."  With that Simon and I Started running again. 
  Big n' hairy was catching up with us quick, unlucky for him as he passed the inconspicuous doh Simon took the small amount of playdoh he had left and shouted "FORZARE!"
  The baddie not only flew through the wall of the hall but we also heard the shattering of glass from the Refrigerator sized hole it made on it's way out.
   "Had that piece attached to the front of my car collecting energy for a week."

hehehehe

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
You could mould it into a mouse shape, enchant it so that it moves like a mouse and use it to snoop on other people.

The mouse took life, and once I had set it down scurried off towards the building.  I watched as it wriggled inside a small crack in the door, the tail the last thing to thread its way through.  I squished a small amount of the remaining doh into my ear and triggered the link.  Conversations came and went as it ran through the house, until it finally came upon the room where they were speaking.  As the two men talked I wondered how I could give the next one a pair of eyes.

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 08:41:28 PM »
How about using it to disguise yourself?
A. Roll it around in your hands so that it's as warm as you and covered in dead skin cells, then place it on your face to change the shape of your nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. You'll be ugly but unecognisable.
B. If you're more artistic, you can create a sculpture of your face and then mold it in to how you want to look.

This trick may also work with allies and enemies. May also work with body shape and species. :)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 10:07:43 PM »
^I liiiike. ;D

Could you use different shades of playdoh around your eyes that would change your eye colour?

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 04:22:17 AM »
yes, but would option B result in a playdoh mask, or an actual alteration of your facial structure, thus hurting like a Bee-yotch?

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 10:27:55 AM »
Option B would be an actual alteration of facial structure, drastic changes might be done with ectoplasm (aka spiritual playdoh) or perhaps a magical anaesthetic would be part of the spell (in which case, a counterspell would really hurt!)

As to coloured playdoh, well it might help to cast the spell but it wouldn't be a necessity in my opinion but hey, who knows :)