Author Topic: Ardian Syaf Original Dresden Files Art FS - Any Interest?  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Royd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Ardian Syaf Original Dresden Files Art FS - Any Interest?
« on: February 22, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
As a long-time fan/reader of Jim's Dresden Files novels (Go Mouse!), I'm thrilled to announce that I am handling the sale of Ardian Syaf's original art including his comics related work for DC (Blackest Night: Batman, Superman/Batman and soon Green Lantern Corps to name a few titles he's illustrated) and, of course, his work for the Dresden Files books!

To date, I have been selling Ardian's comics-related work but hope to have a delivery of Dresden Files artwork to offer for sale in the near future.  However, I thought I would check here to see whether there is any interest in Ardian's original art from this series?  Grateful if forum members could indicate if there is interest in purchasing original pages from this series.

If interested in viewing Ardian's comics related work, you can visit my comicartshop here - http://www.comicartshop.com/ComicArtShopsByCat.asp?GCat=111

I hope to have a listing of Ardian's available pages from his Dresden Files books shortly.  Please note that the pages to Dresden Files: Stormfront were created on normal art board but the artwork to earlier issues was done on copy paper (80gsm) and all artwork was in pencil with inks added to blue-line copies of the pencil image.

You may also have seen recent ebay auctions of some Dresden Files artwork - these were original inks over copies of Ardian's pencil pages, not original pencil and ink pages as was advertised in the auction description (this was likely ignorance on the seller's part).  I hope I can help you acquire an Ardian Syaf Dresden Files original page for your collection :)  If you have any queries, I can be reached via roydster@yahoo.com  Warm regards,

Royd Burgoyne,
Perth, Australia
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:54:13 PM by Royd »

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Ardian Syaf Original Dresden Files Art FS - Any Interest?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:34:42 AM »
I would be interested, depending on the price.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

Offline Royd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:14:11 AM »
Hi ludomaniac,

I'm hoping that I will receive some Dresden Files pages from Ardian in a future shipment (we've been focussing on handling the comics work initially) and I will certainly post relevant details (pages, pricing) here.

If you have any favourite pages from any of the books, please let me know at roydster@yahoo.com and I can check the lists which Ardian has sent me (and will be sending me).  I won't be pricing them until I have them in hand so I can asses condition etc.  Warm regards,

Royd

I would be interested, depending on the price.

Offline Royd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
Just to let fans of the Dresden Files comics/graphic novels know that I recently received a shipment of original pages from Ardian Syaf from his work on "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Storm Front" comics! 

There are interior pages and covers on offer, however, please note that the artwork is pencils only and the bulk of the artwork was created on photocopy paper which was what Ardian was working with at the time until he sourced standard art board.  There are some condition issues with a small number of the pages and those have been clearly identified and priced accordingly in the description.

Nonetheless, the artwork looks fabulous and I hope will appeal to fans of Ardian’s work on the Dresden Files comics.  It's easy to see why Ardian’s Dresden Files comics were also nominated for the Hugo Award, in the category of “Best Graphic Novel”.

You can view the pages here –

Storm Front - http://tinyurl.com/2drjnkg 

Welcome to the Jungle - http://tinyurl.com/2fypgfe 

All artwork is shipped flat in sealable plastic bags between two ˝ inch sheets of sturdy foam core board and taped securely.  My preferred method of payment is Paypal and my account is – roydster@yahoo.com  Please direct any queries you may have about the artwork or other issues to me at the same address :)  I hope I can help you find a page of Ardian’s work for your collection!  Warm regards,

Royd