Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 1556 times)

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Weapons
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »
So, the weapons damage table (YS202) lists "swords" as Weapon:2 and "two-handed weapons" as Weapon:3.  What about two-handed swords?  More precisely, what about swords that can be used one-handed OR two-handed?
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
A two-handed sword is a two-handed weapon. Hence its Weapon:3. I'm sure that much was clear. The 1,5-handed sword I would handle dependent on how it is used at the time of the attack. Basically the +1 on the weapons chart comes of the extra strength that you can put behind the swing when using both hands. In case of one-handed use you wont get the weapon bonus.

For a PC with inhuman strength who clearly should be able to use any sword one-handed I'd suggest to just go with Weapons: 3.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:12:25 PM by Papa Gruff »
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »
That's what I figured, but I wanted to get some feedback anyway.  Thanks.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:10 AM »
Amorrachias is a broadsword and is a weapon 3.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:57:02 AM »
Amorrachius is also magical, though. Which, like Warden's Swords may raise it's Weapon rating.

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:07:34 AM »
Amorrachius is also magical, though. Which, like Warden's Swords may raise it's Weapon rating.
True, though Sanya's may be a weapon 2 according to his stat block (says it's at least a 2 if I recall). Though I would probably make it a 3, too.