Author Topic: So... a change in the shipping date for the DFRPG books.  (Read 40132 times)

Offline Ravangames

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: So... a change in the shipping date for the DFRPG books.
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:05 PM »
Sigh... how disappointing.

SPARKS, NV, US     07/02/2010     10:36 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
   07/02/2010    8:38 P.M.    ORIGIN SCAN
   07/02/2010    4:38 P.M.    PICKUP SCAN
US    06/23/2010    1:44 P.M.    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Offline Tom Reed

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »
Yes, I am indeed learning something. I just noticed that my stuff has been shipped. I live in a small town and everyone uses P.O. Boxes so I always have stuff sent to me via USPS. I always seem to get my stuff in a timely manner. Living in an apartment I hate getting stuff via UPS cause it never comes when I am home and UPS won't leave stuff outside my door so I have to go to the nearest UPS station to pick it up, which is a bother.

Most of the time there's not much difference between UPS & USPS in the amount of time it takes something to get to my place, one or two days at the most. It looks because of the way the books are being sent via USPS that they might take weeks, not days, to get to my place. Maybe next time I order something I'm really jonezin for I'll have it sent via UPS to my office or a friends place. Live & learn.

Offline austinmonster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2010, 03:20:23 PM »
I got mine dropped on my front doorstep yesterday.  They never knocked or anything, just dropped the books and ran.  

They are gorgeous.  I was shocked how heavy the damn things were!  I don't think i've ever owned a RP book bigger than Your Story.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »
Well... here's the latest entry:

SHREWSBURY, MA, US     07/07/2010     12:09 P.M.     THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

One major flaw I see in this... my wife has been home the whole time. She checked both the front and back stairs of our three-decker. Nothing. Not even the notification. If he knocks on the front door, we won't know because we're on the second floor. Everyone else delivers packages to the rear doors.

So now I have to call and complain... and arrange to pick it up at the distro center either tonight, tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow evening.
Dammit.
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline Big Simon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
So now I have to call and complain... and arrange to pick it up at the distro center either tonight, tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow evening.
Dammit.

But but but... CELEBRATE!  It has ARRIVED!  (Almost.)

Mine got here an hour ago, and the UPS driver left it by my back door.  Didn't knock.  Didn't ring.  Just left it.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
You're lucky...

Just got off the phone with UPS Customer Service. Complained that my wife sacrificed her morning to wait for the package... didn't even hear a truck pull up or anything... as if the driver just wrote off the delivery.
So now I'm waiting for the local center to ring me back to arrange an actual pickup. I'm not having it out on a truck again, I want it handed to me with an apology.
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline neko128

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2010, 07:00:36 PM »
According to UPS and my tracking number, they got my billing information two days ago but don't have the package.  So apparently mine's still at the warehouse?  I dunno.

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »

Mine arrived today!  Woohoo!

'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
My books just arrived as well. Same situation as most: they just left them on the front porch and walked away. Not used to that, as my last few experiences with UPS led to having to sign my life away for that treatment.

Anyway, looking forward to tearing into this ^__^
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
I wouldn't have minded them leaving the package, but the front porch of a three-decker is not the place to leave it, as typically no one answers a knock at the front door (leads into a hall/stairwell), and anyone here in New England should know that most folks in three-deckers use the rear entrance/stairs. But nope...

So now I either go tonight to get them, or I wait until tomorrow afternoon when I have the time off to pick up my car from getting mended and get my books.

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
Sigh... how disappointing.

SPARKS, NV, US     07/02/2010     10:36 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
   07/02/2010    8:38 P.M.    ORIGIN SCAN
   07/02/2010    4:38 P.M.    PICKUP SCAN
US    06/23/2010    1:44 P.M.    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Might have been faster drive to the warehouse and get it yourself!

An update:  http://www.deadlyfredly.com/2010/07/some-lessons-from-kinda-screwing-up/

I too want to thank Fred for being up front and transparent, it takes guts to do that.  That being said, the consumer part of me that pre-ordered is still annoyed and impatient that it hasn't gotten here yet.  Oh well...maybe next week.

Offline Ravangames

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2010, 09:05:57 PM »
Might have been faster drive to the warehouse and get it yourself!

An update:  http://www.deadlyfredly.com/2010/07/some-lessons-from-kinda-screwing-up/

I too want to thank Fred for being up front and transparent, it takes guts to do that.  That being said, the consumer part of me that pre-ordered is still annoyed and impatient that it hasn't gotten here yet.  Oh well...maybe next week.

I may be impatient and wanting my books, but I am still happy with the service provided by Evil Hat.  I should still be getting my books when I originally thought I would.

Offline Grogtard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2010, 11:10:01 PM »
W00t! Got mine today in Central Texas!
Just because I haven't posted recently, doesn't mean I haven't been on the forum.

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2010, 02:02:54 AM »
Got mine here in East TN and they're purty  :)

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »
According to UPS and my tracking number, they got my billing information two days ago but don't have the package.  So apparently mine's still at the warehouse?  I dunno.

That is exactly the situation I'm currently in. The thing that adds to the annoyance? I preordered within the first hour or two that it was available....