Author Topic: Adding a pm button, and a question  (Read 8222 times)

Offline bobtheskull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Adding a pm button, and a question
« on: February 08, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »
In the forums, is there any way to add a button to respond by private mail instead of in the thread?

As it stands, if someone wants to move to pm's, they have to open up the target user's profile, click send pm, and then copy and paste the relevent text from the post if they want to quote it.  It's rather clunky.

Or maybe there's a send reply by pm function there already and I just missed it?

Also, the "show new replies to your posts." link on the top is great, but is there any way for me to edit the list of threads?  Until a thread actually dies it's final death, viewing the posts in there only keeps it from coming up again until the next time someone posts in it.  This is fine, except that I think many people will be very happy if I just stay out of certain threads and I'd like to oblige them.

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Adding a pm button, and a question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:03:38 AM »
<----
if you look below post count and all that on the left side, there is a little person, a talking bubble and some other things if that person has them filled out in the profile...the talk bubble is the PM button.  Looks like this   You'll need to copy and pase the relevent text still, but it saves a few steps.

Offline bobtheskull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »
<----
if you look below post count and all that on the left side, there is a little person, a talking bubble and some other things if that person has them filled out in the profile...the talk bubble is the PM button.  Looks like this   You'll need to copy and pase the relevent text still, but it saves a few steps.

There it is.  Thank you Shiggy.

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 04:47:30 AM »
No problem.  I've noticed people forget those handy buttons are there.

Offline bobtheskull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 05:22:28 AM »
Now I just need the second request, if anyone knows how to do that part.

Offline CarolM

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob, Forever with us
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:22:29 AM »

But bobtheskull, people, barring moderators won't know you've looked if you don't post. That however is the tricky part...
Choosing not reply is much harder than responding to a gibe or something that's been posted that you don't like.
Carol

Bob: in our hearts forever.

Offline bobtheskull

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:31:23 PM »

But bobtheskull, people, barring moderators won't know you've looked if you don't post. That however is the tricky part...
Choosing not reply is much harder than responding to a gibe or something that's been posted that you don't like.

I choose not to respond to that.

D'oh!