Author Topic: Exerpt???  (Read 20252 times)

ToddM326

Exerpt???
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:15:44 AM »
Did anyone else notice that Amazon apparently has an exerpt from this?

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1416510680/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-0006896-0383911?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance&n=283155>

Offline ShadowInTheDarkness

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Exerpt???
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:22:50 AM »
No, I didn't know that... I don't think anyone else does either...
But it's awsome!!!!
I love the idea of Jim writing Spider Man
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" - Edgar Allan Poe
“There is a limit to the sky, but music can be formed and reformed forever without repetition. Music is infinite.” - xjustxn0thingx (livejournal)

Offline Darla

• Conversationalist
  • Charter member Bookstore Commandos
    • View Profile
    • Nichtszusagen
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »
Here's an easier clicky-link:

==>Chapter 1 on Amazon<== 

:-*
Darla 
Currently reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers. — A Bit of Fry and Laurie

Offline Star_Controller

• Conversationalist
  • Member of the Black Spathi Squadron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 06:52:46 AM »
When i heard Jim was writing a Spider-Man novel, i sloshed it around in my head, and thought, "yeah, that could work.  after all, Spider-Man is basicly Harry with different pants and powers!"  Reading that excerpt, i do believe I was right.  hurah, I'll have to read that.  --StarController
Nine-tenths of the universe, in fact, is the paperwork.

"I will *hear* you." --Dak'kon

ToddM326

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 08:56:07 PM »
After all, Spider-Man is basicly Harry with different pants and powers!"

That is a nice way of putting it.  As a recovered comic book geek, I've always noticed the similarities between Harry and Spider-man.  From "with great power comes great responsibility", to the fact that Harry may be a wizard, fighting monstes in far away lands, but he still has to find a way to  pay the rent & has relationship issues, while continuing to be a smart-aleck the entire time.

I can't wait to read this!

Offline julchek

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
Yeah, the similarities between Harry and Peter are such that this seems to be a match made in heaven, with Jim writing this book  :)  I enjoyed the Amazon excerpt, and am looking forward to getting the book later this month (whoo hoo!) - thanks for the easy link, Darla.

Offline Bacardii LS

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »
I found out about this yesterday at Boarders Bookstore when I used their system to track Jim Butcher books down.
"I Became Insane with Long Intervals of Horrible Sanity." E.A. Poe

Offline Benchleyfan

• Participant
  • Now I have Spidey's theme song stuck in my head...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 04:25:57 AM »
Here's an easier clicky-link:

==>Chapter 1 on Amazon<== 

:-*

Thanks, Darla!  Haven't had a chance to pick up the book yet.  Excerpt was great to read.  Happiness is a Jim Butcher story!
A lot of people say: "I'm no good in the morning until I've had my coffee." I'm no good in the morning even after I've had my coffee.-Robert Benchley

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »
When i heard Jim was writing a Spider-Man novel, i sloshed it around in my head, and thought, "yeah, that could work.  after all, Spider-Man is basicly Harry with different pants and powers!"  Reading that excerpt, i do believe I was right.  hurah, I'll have to read that.  --StarController

I found the book in the Barnes & Noble in Salem, NH and I was tempted to buy it, just because I like Jim's style. The only thing that stopped me was a shortage of cash, though the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel-verse was a contributing factor, just not a huge one.

Offline Leonsagara

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:07:04 AM »
I found the book in the Barnes & Noble in Salem, NH and I was tempted to buy it, just because I like Jim's style. The only thing that stopped me was a shortage of cash, though the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel-verse was a contributing factor, just not a huge one.

There's always the library.