Author Topic: Sunshine in a bag.... ok, maybe not.  (Read 1566 times)

Offline DesertCoyote

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Sunshine in a bag.... ok, maybe not.
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:50:03 AM »
Chris, JD, Scott, Robert, spoilers.  beat it. :)

(click to show/hide)

Thoughts?  I just thought some of you might like the "trick" and find it useful in your campaigns.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: Sunshine in a bag.... ok, maybe not.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »
That is a rather creative idea, and I certainly like it.  I think your players will get a kick out of it when they find out about it.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Slife

• Conversationalist
  • Fuego Maximilian‽
    • View Profile
    • VGF, Yo.  Home of the World's First Spritecomic
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35:51 AM »
Another method would be for them to steal one of the less closely-guarded moon rocks.

Sunlight reflected by the moon has to be moonlight, right?   ;)
Rule one of magic:  Never, ever, under any circumstances, trust someone named "Morningstar".

Offline DesertCoyote

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 06:51:10 AM »
Funny you should bring up stealing moon rocks....

From the wikipedia article on moon rocks:

In June 2002, 101 grams of moon rocks were stolen from the Johnson Space Center by interns Thad Roberts and Tiffany Fowler. The pair used knowledge of the security around the rocks gained during their internship to remove a 600 pound safe containing the samples. Roberts is a certified pilot and scuba diver who was an ambitious student pursuing degrees in Physics, Geology and Anthropology who aspired to be an astronaut. Fellow interns Gordon McWhorter and Shae Saur were also later arrested for their role in the theft and attempted sale of the rocks. The theft also included a meteorite that may have revealed information about life on Mars.

Incidentally.... Shae Saur was a student at Lamar University... in Beaumont, Texas... which is 10 minutes from here.